Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cool enemies that really should appear or be utilized (and fixed) more in Warframe (Ghouls, Manics, Nox, Undying Flyer, etc)

SprinKah

I gotta really wonder, DE has a lot of cool enemies with really great designs, but only used them for very specific missions and places, or just outright not spawn very frequently.

Ghouls were introduced a whiiillee ago, but has only really been put into the Plains, mostly only when Ghoul Purge comes along, which still doesn't really do much for them. They honestly don't spawn too much as well, only like, 5-6 ones in very rare instances throughout the entirety of the Plains. They've been put into Mars Disruption and well, I think a quest as well...but all in all, still VERY MUCH under-utilized in game. 

Not to mention, Ghoul Auger in particular, is SO bugged out, pretty much lost all of his mechanics and animations. He doesn't run at you limping away with his drills, he doesn't dive into the ground to pop out of another location, he doesn't use his melee attacks anymore, etc...this has literally been a thing for like...god I dunno, YEARS now. 

Manics were introduced a LOOONG time ago, they used to spawn well...pretty much every game and was considered a REALLY big threat, for the power level of old, I found it very exciting. But of course...community outcry came along and well, got them nerfed to the ground, pretty much became non-existent, not as threatening as before partly bc of how powerful we have become with mods and upgrades... I mean, at the very least, make him appear more, in this state, it's such a shame that a cool looking unit just doesn't get ANY light in the sun at all.

Same with Manic Bombards, I feel like these guys are literally the perfect enemies in the game, with cool dashing mechanics to keep things interesting while not being anything too crazy. 

Why not make Manics as a swarm-type unit, spawning in in squad of 5-6, just like how Amalgams are like, seriously, it can't be so bad that DE makes them pretty much non-existent nowadays. 

I mean, look at Bursas and Juggernaut, they were fan-created at the same time as Manics and they remained having a solid enough spot in the game. 

Nox, one of my favorite enemies in this game, design-wise. I think back when he was pretty tanky, it justified him having quite a low spawn chance compared to others...but now he's basically not that much tougher than a Grineer Heavy Gunner, but still pretty rare in missions... it kinda sucks that he's in a spot that's pretty similar to Manics.

It'd be cool to make him tankier than other enemies, considering how rare he is, I mean he has overguard but his glass helmet breaks in like 1-2 shots. At the very least, make it so his glass helmet takes more of a beating and he doesnt take headshot damage while he has that on. Or at least make him appear more. 

Undying Flyer...I mean...an actual, obvious-looking infested Grineer, not the bipedal ones...I think we all very much think that it'd be really cool to have this guy in the normal Infested spawn line-up, and not just appear in that one Deimos boss fight. Still dunno why DE didn't add them in. 

It's weird how Grineer has so many cool enemies that only saw very limited usage...Really wish we'd get to see them more. 

Manics and their bombards were a pretty cool concept, born of a Grineer geneticist trying to reverse the cloning degradation and improve upon it.

I not only wish to see more of them, but to see more Manic variants in the game. I wanna see a grappler Manic that steals your weapon and uses it (base stats) against you while keeping its distance. I wanna see a Hellion Manic that uses its high speed and jetpack to fly and dash everywhere very fast to chase you down and run circles around you while using a high fire rate weapon. There's lots of potential for more unique "elite"/"mini-boss" enemies.

30 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Manics and their bombards were a pretty cool concept, born of a Grineer geneticist trying to reverse the cloning degradation and improve upon it.

I not only wish to see more of them, but to see more Manic variants in the game. I wanna see a grappler Manic that steals your weapon and uses it (base stats) against you while keeping its distance. I wanna see a Hellion Manic that uses its high speed and jetpack to fly and dash everywhere very fast to chase you down and run circles around you while using a high fire rate weapon. There's lots of potential for more unique "elite"/"mini-boss" enemies.

Yeah, honestly. I mean alot of people asked for "mobile and tricky" mechanics on enemies in Warframe, and not just tankiness. I think Manic Bombard would be like the PERFECT enemy for that, without how mobile they are, and their attacks seem very good too...I honestly dunno why DE hasn't put them into the game as normal spawn yet, a shame really

I feel like Manics lost their pounce ability too, probably along the hotfixes and stuff. Codes get janked and messed up, like pulling a Jenga piece from the bottom with force. 

My pet peeve and utter disappointment with Manics is that when they teleport around you/become invisible, they are also immune to damage.

Personally, i'd love for us to actually follow the trail they leave behind (red lines from their eyes i think?), and use that to our advantage to beat them.

Especially now that AOE got deservingly nerfed, and not just blast them with mindless explosions.

I think it would be a great opportunity to make them more engaging. 

1 hour ago, CoffeeElemental said:

Pretty much agreed, but...

Not so sure about Ghouls tho. Farming relics in Mars Disruption made me really hate them. The cold proc zones the leave after their deaths are extremely annoying.

Honestly I think it makes them interesting...plus, it's not even as crazy as before, the procs used to be 6s but somehow got nerfed around the status rework quite a long time ago, nowadays it's honestly just a mild annoyance than anything worthwhile.

honestly I really miss them back then. Still though, annoying or not, they're still really cool units, when they were shown off you can really tell that DE put a lot of love and effort into them....and somehow, they're currently just some one-time thing, tragically. Used mostly for when Ghoul Purge comes around, and even so they still don't spawn as much. 

12 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

My pet peeve and utter disappointment with Manics is that when they teleport around you/become invisible, they are also immune to damage.

Personally, i'd love for us to actually follow the trail they leave behind (red lines from their eyes i think?), and use that to our advantage to beat them.

Especially now that AOE got deservingly nerfed, and not just blast them with mindless explosions.

I think it would be a great opportunity to make them more engaging. 

I don't partiuclarly mind their poking attacks like that, but nowadays they pretty much deal 0 damage, to honestly any warframe...so tbh, anything done to them to make them better is cool in my book.

But I think currently for their state, making them into a swarm-type unit, just like how the Nightwatch Manics are like, wouldn't be so bad. imagine like, 5-6 of them spawning in together, just like how Amalgam enemies spawn in in squad of 4 or 5. Would be cool. 

Maybe make them do their pounce attack more often, you can look out for the electricity aura that pops up when they're targetting you and stuff in order to dodge them...but tbh, I don't even know if they still do that anymore, couldve been bugged out along the way like the Ghouls.

Still no idea why DE has all these cool enemies that just won't use them at all, or at least put them in the normal rosters.

I know for sure that if they put Manic Bombard into normal missions, like how the Drekar Manic Bombard occasionally appear in Sealab tileset, will be super cool. Their AI behaviors are TOP-NOTCH in my opinion, perfect for Warframe. They dodge around like crazy, keep you on your toes with their cluster grenades and stuff, and they're plenty tanky enough as well...oh man, would be so nice. 

Archived