Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add in additional Mod/Arcane sources of Dodge Speed?

EnjaN

I am surprised we don't have additional mod or arcane sources of Dodge Speed like what Amalgam Barrel Diffusion offers.

With having used Amalgam Barrel Diffusion for quite a while it's almost impossible to go back to the stock dodge speed. Now that we have a second 'Diffusion' mod with the Galvanized Diffusion mod I think it's time for additional sources of Dodge Speed. 

Could have an Exilus mod similar to Rush at the very least for %30. If not a gold or set mod for a higher %Dodge Speed. With all of the sprint and bullet jump mods it would easily fit in here.

A melee version would also be fitting. Though in this case perhaps as a combo mod with something like Fury? Something that slots in between Fury and Primed Fury with a %40 Attack Speed/ %40 Dodge Speed?

Then last up an Arcane. Could have a stacking Dodge Speed bonus on kill. Something like %15Dodge Speed for 20 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. Then use the decay rule that every 20 seconds just one stack falls off at a time.

technically we do have other things, any thing with "Parkour Velocity" effects rolls.

examples:

Praedos (endgame weapon) +30% parkour Velocity/+20% sprint speed/+20% slide. these effect you as long as you have it as your melee. 

7 hours ago, EnjaN said:

I am surprised we don't have additional mod or arcane sources of Dodge Speed like what Amalgam Barrel Diffusion offers.

We actually Do....

Nobody uses them because nobody has Slots to Spare for things that don't help you deal/Avoid Damage.

Two suggestions;

1. Such mods are, unfortunately, underutilized, and we use mods that are more cookie-cutter/mandatory. I say we combine them so that they are more rewarding and more enticing to use.
  2. Also, there are arcanes that also affect movement, and dont, imo at least, feed into powercreep, dps, etc. Such arcanes could have their own dedicated slot. For example, one could use Arcane Guardian, Arcane Energize, and an extra slot for Arcane Consequence, or Agility, or Phantasm. Again, only movement bonuses count for this slot.

Point is, movement is this game is super fun, and cool. Why not embrace it to the fullest?

22 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

technically we do have other things, any thing with "Parkour Velocity" effects rolls.

examples:

Praedos (endgame weapon) +30% parkour Velocity/+20% sprint speed/+20% slide. these effect you as long as you have it as your melee. 

Parkour Velocity =/= Dodge speed. Parkour velocity makes you go further when you dodge or bullet jump, whereas dodge speed (Amalgam Barrel Diffusion and Mirage) increases the speed of the animation, thus making it shorter.

Also why link this list when 4 of these effects aren't parkour velocity?

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

Parkour Velocity =/= Dodge speed. Parkour velocity makes you go further when you dodge or bullet jump, whereas dodge speed (Amalgam Barrel Diffusion and Mirage) increases the speed of the animation, thus making it shorter.

from what i read it was range and speed, i also notice it is faster in game. you can test it in a relay or something just to let you know, also i just copy and pasted mods that effect maneuverability 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Buff_%26_Debuff/Buffs/Mobility

just to say, its very hard to find a definite answer on what Parkour Velocity does, but Velocity does mean Speed in english, so Parkour velocity = Parkour Speed.

On 2018-03-05 at 8:03 AM, Kyryo said:

Dunno about Canadian, but in English Velocity modify Speed so that mod only makes you faster when rolling and jumping, just like mirage passive.

On 2018-03-05 at 8:20 AM, HIGHDAMAGE said:

was doing the same :crylaugh: testing nyx arcane menticide helm (12% parkour velocity) vs default one 

from my experience seem your able to bulletjump further

the difference between should be ~3m

in other words rollin faster & bulletjumping faster make you travel longer :smile:

just want to say i have tried a max Parkour Velocity build and you roll extremely fast.

not my vid, but a example of what happens with parkour velocity i found. (he swears a lot, so be warned)

ve·loc·i·ty
/vəˈläsədē/

noun

1. the speed of something in a given direction.
    "the velocities of the emitted particles"
    • (in general use) speed.
      "the tank shot backward at an incredible velocity"

29 minutes ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

from what i read it was range and speed, i also notice it is faster in game. you can test it in a relay or something just to let you know, also i just copy and pasted mods that effect maneuverability 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Buff_%26_Debuff/Buffs/Mobility

just to say, its very hard to find a definite answer on what Parkour Velocity does, but Velocity does mean Speed in english, so Parkour velocity = Parkour Speed.

On 2018-03-05 at 11:03 AM, Kyryo said:

Dunno about Canadian, but in English Velocity modify Speed so that mod only makes you faster when rolling and jumping, just like mirage passive.

On 2018-03-05 at 11:20 AM, HIGHDAMAGE said:

was doing the same :crylaugh: testing nyx arcane menticide helm (12% parkour velocity) vs default one 

from my experience seem your able to bulletjump further

the difference between should be ~3m

in other words rollin faster & bulletjumping faster make you travel longer :smile:

just want to say i have tried a max Parkour Velocity build and you roll extremely fast.

not my vid, but a example of what happens with parkour velocity i found. (he swears a lot, so be warned)

Velocity does make you go "faster" because of momentum, but the animation itself is the same. Dodge speed actually modifies the animation, making you do the animation faster rather than making you go further. Titania's passive is 25% extra parkour velocity, but you can notice that she is dodging for as long as any other frame.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

Velocity does make you go "faster" because of momentum, but the animation itself is the same. Dodge speed actually modifies the animation, making you do the animation faster rather than making you go further. Titania's passive is 25% extra parkour velocity, but you can notice that she is dodging for as long as any other frame.

velocity does mean Speed, so why wouldnt it speed up rolling. also, do you have proof that Dodge speed reduces the animation? and even if it does, then i am still right that parkour velocity will make you roll faster. i have EVEN TESTED it in game with my max Parkour velocity build on Mesa.

you can even use dodge speed with parkour mods, so i dont get why your saying that Parkour velocity means roll range when Velocity literally means Speed.

Parkour Velocity is one thing but what I was talking about it just specifically just the roll distance/speed from the Dodge Speed. Being able to have a faster/longer dodge rolls without having your bullet jumps become overly buffed up is a nice different aspect.

For larger open and outdoor tile sets where you can't use your Archwing I get the enjoyment with a faster Parkour Velocity. But at the same time indoor tile sets I think the base bullet jump speed/distance is quite fine. At the same time having that extra speed/distance on your dodge roll is a nice augment that doesn't outstrip the tile set space.

On 2022-09-26 at 6:21 AM, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:
On 2022-09-25 at 8:00 AM, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

examples:

Expand  

When have you used Amalgam barrel diffusion? They have changed ABD from (slightly) shorter rolls to huge/long rolls.

15 hours ago, EnjaN said:

Parkour Velocity is one thing but what I was talking about it just specifically just the roll distance/speed from the Dodge Speed. Being able to have a faster/longer dodge rolls without having your bullet jumps become overly buffed up is a nice different aspect.

Then just use Amalgam barrel diffusion. It makes roll similar (afair) like bullet jump.

On 2022-09-25 at 1:30 AM, EnjaN said:

Don't you have enough already? Really? It irks me when every new system needs parkour velocity (so longer rolls) when we don't have any mod/arcane/shard that shorten rolls.

And in the case of "I need longer rolls". For what? Bullet jump does this already. For Ivara or Mesa? Slap Amalgam barrel diffusion or any other mods/arcane/etc.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:
23 hours ago, quxier said:

When have you used Amalgam barrel diffusion? They have changed ABD from (slightly) shorter rolls to huge/long rolls.

The animation is shorter, not the roll itself; I should have clarified that.

Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that:

23 hours ago, quxier said:

is almost wrong, as both mods/arcanes increase roll distance. One difference is that Amalgam mod increases distance of rolls only.

3 hours ago, quxier said:

Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that:

On 2022-09-29 at 8:14 AM, quxier said:

is almost wrong, as both mods/arcanes increase roll distance. One difference is that Amalgam mod increases distance of rolls only.

Amalgam Barrel Diffusion increases the animation speed of dodging, along with giving a slight boost to distance covered by the dodge. Considering that this thread was made asking for more sources of dodge speed like ABD, it's probably the case that OP wants more sources that increase the animation speed, since that's the thing that sets Dodge Speed and Parkour Velocity apart. In my opinion, it's a waste of time to bring up Parkour Velocity at all, since that has nothing to do with increasing the animation speed of your dodges.

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

Amalgam Barrel Diffusion increases the animation speed of dodging, along with giving a slight boost to distance covered by the dodge. Considering that this thread was made asking for more sources of dodge speed like ABD, it's probably the case that OP wants more sources that increase the animation speed, since that's the thing that sets Dodge Speed and Parkour Velocity apart. In my opinion, it's a waste of time to bring up Parkour Velocity at all, since that has nothing to do with increasing the animation speed of your dodges.

Op seems to want just longer rolls but they don't want longer bullet jumps.

IMHO we have enough of that parkour sources (that increases roll distance). So person that listed parkour stuffs were right to show that we have a lot options.

1 minute ago, quxier said:

Op seems to want just longer rolls but they don't want longer bullet jumps.

On 2022-09-24 at 7:30 PM, EnjaN said:

With having used Amalgam Barrel Diffusion for quite a while it's almost impossible to go back to the stock dodge speed.

@quxier I'm going to assume that you haven't actually used ABD, so you don't know what Dodge Speed is. If you want to try it, you'll be able to see what it is that OP wants, because apparently me explaining it or linking the wiki page isn't doing anything.

As for the original topic, I 100% agree that dodge speed should be a stat tied to a mod in the exilus slot, rather than having to skip out on Galvanized Diffusion. I think we have a free exilus mod to rework in the form of Maglev.

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

@quxier I'm going to assume that you haven't actually used ABD, so you don't know what Dodge Speed is. If you want to try it, you'll be able to see what it is that OP wants, because apparently me explaining it or linking the wiki page isn't doing anything.

I've used that mod when it worked correctly (in our mind ;) ) with shorter rolls. I've tried Agility, Amalgam barrel diffusion and normal rolls few minutes ago:

- 60% in Agility & Amalgam barrel diffusion is calculated differently (Amalgam gives 3, Agility 6)

- Every third tap (relatively fast, humanly possible of course) roll key game execute rolls, so it doesn't matter what above gear I use time of not being able to use frame is the same. What's changes is distance.

So from my testing I conclude that Parkour velocity (from Agility) is the same as Amalgam barrel diffusion, excluding distance.

Maybe my tests were wrong. Suggest another tests if that's the case.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

I think we have a free exilus mod to rework in the form of Maglev.

First we should get shorter rolls. We get 2 things that make rolls shorter and I'll give you virtual candy. ;)

After that we can get extra mods/arcanes/shards(archon) that does particular parkour stuffs (longer rolls, jumps, etc).

On 2022-09-29 at 8:14 AM, quxier said:

Then just use Amalgam barrel diffusion. It makes roll similar (afair) like bullet jump.

I am and have been since the mods release on nearly every secondary. The thread point is sort of to ask for different additional sources. For a game about customization it seems a pretty easy ask.

The reduced time you spend in dodge is indeed a bonus on top of the extra distance travelled. But another part of it being the increased animation speed feels more fitting of the current state of the game in 2022. 

That being said I am all for some Dark Souls styled fat rolling for those who want it too. Drop down that distance travelled to have a nice long damage reduction animation. 

Archived