Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Styanax Cosmetic Option Suggestion - Show Shield?

Grav_Starstrider

It'd be lovely if Styanax's Tharros Strike shield was an Auxiliary attachment, even if it was in a smaller buckler sorta form.

0NFOUr5.png

Upon casting Tharros Strike, it'd simply start expanding and snapping down into his hand for the ability cast. This also allows for Tharros to be visible outside of Idle animations or the casting of Tharros Strike, such as if someone replaces it with a different ability via Helminth.

On 2022-09-25 at 2:15 AM, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

i wish his shield was much larger.

I mean, best of both worlds, right? If it's smaller and out of the way passively, but becomes significantly larger for the ability? Size-shifting shield for the win!

21 hours ago, TehGrief said:

Before it was announced that we were getting a Spear Gun, I had wrongly assumed that Styanax would have a Spear and Shield Melee weapon... I was very excited. 

Considering half of the "Sword and Shield"s are maces or hatchets paired with a shield, it would've been cool if it'd been just a spear held partway up the shaft. Make its gimmick be that it had crazy range, per Spears in general. Maybe a Spear Throw aerial attack like with Sigma and Ocantis, or an overridden combo (stationary, advancing, retreating, whatever). Would've been fun!

I think it all kinda lowkey slightly conflicts with the whole concept of it being his abilities that are his shield and spear, but you can.... Equip a Speargun and Sword & Shield anyways, to have a redundancy :V so it'd still be neat.

What would also be neat if his 1 became a Pseudo-exalted (like Khora's Whipclaw) and benefited from mods on your Primary, and also duplicating the on-throw effect of your Speargun if equipped, counted as a separate instance from your Speargun's on-throw effect (so you could lock down two doors with Ferrox and your Axios Javelin, or afflict two crowds of enemies with headshot attractors with Scourge, or grant two Interception points with the Afentis' bonus). Because currently when compared to something like Larva or Pull or Coil Horizon or the Proboscis Cernos, the inconsistent grouping offered by the Javelin isn't terribly impressive, and feels like the most replaceable Helminth-overwriteable ability. Giving it just that extra oomph of scaling with Primary weapon mods (maybe half for things other than Spearguns, with Spearguns getting 100%?) and making it replicate whatever its throw effect was would be awesome and make people, especially Speargun Enthusiasts who're trying to get the most out of Styanax's Passive, think twice about replacing it.

3 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

What would also be neat if his 1 became a Pseudo-exalted (like Khora's Whipclaw) and benefited from mods on your Primary.

That would have been interesting - it could have been that, as long as you're wielding a one-handed melee weapon, you can use the Exalted shield with it. 

4 minutes ago, TehGrief said:

That would have been interesting - it could have been that, as long as you're wielding a one-handed melee weapon, you can use the Exalted shield with it. 

Oh I didn't mean an exalted Spear and Shield like Excalibur's Exalted Blade, I exclusively mean like Atlas' punch or Khora's whipclaw. You wouldn't use an exalted Shield, and they don't have any really spear-oriented melee stances so they'd've had to have made one from the ground up, and it would've made more sense as an ultimate, when their 4 already feels like an ultimate.

HOWEVER, I'll give you that one-handed melee or Pistols could have you passively benefit from far-wider (or existent-at-all) damage reduction or immunity across a range/direction, that'd be a neat passive..... That could actually just be an addition to his passive entirely, then? Any one-handed weapon (+spearguns) allow him to have perfect frontal-cone blocking? The damage could be stored for a second at a time and using the Tharros Strike could send it all back to whoever it hits. Fun!

I do recommend making another forum post for it though, as it's definitely not what this started as 😅 cuz this is just a cosmetic request, haha.

Archived