Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's been 2 weeks...

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

So uh, how is everyone doing? 

Is everyone still upset about AoE changes? Did you all move past that already? (Kuva tonkor next meta btw). 

Are the shards fun? Are they what you all hoped for?  

Now that some time passed, what does everyone think about the update so far? Is it an abysmal catastrophic apocalypse or is it the most wonderful thing that happened this year? 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Is everyone still upset about AoE changes? Did you all move past that already? (Kuva tonkor next meta btw). 

Now that some time passed, what does everyone think about the update so far? Is it an abysmal catastrophic apocalypse or is it the most wonderful thing that happened this year? 

I'm happy, hasn't affected me at all.

Kahl is just a different game type to break up the norm, then again it's got to be total Horsepucky update to get me offside, I'm just easy going.

Though nerfing AOE seems to have affected normal guns from what I'm reading that are not meta AOE clearers.

Drifter Camp is nice but I'll only be visiting when needed, I give it a go for a week but I don't like the slow loading back into the ship from a mission, so I'm back in space for now.

The update is overall pretty good for me. Other than that fact that I failed to control my urge to s**t on the salty players, that is. It's absolutely normal that players not feeling great after a major change, but I can't stand people who just whine before they even trying out the update to full extent. Especially considering Warframe meta has been changing non stop since years ago and also the clear fact that there are still so many viable nuke builds that hardly cost any special effort. The ammo change (or nerf, if you prefer) is nothing but again a meta shift to me.

Mad players will likely stay mad at the update.

Personally I've noticed nothing but all my weapons being massively buffed thanks to the headshot changes. Though I'm wondering if DE will go through with the follow up nerfs or not as anyone who actually tries to work around the changes can automate just as much as you could previously. They really didn't do much to the effectiveness of AOE and reverting the battery ammo changes means AFKong is still viable to some degree.

Rest of the update has been great as though, minus Shards being yet another layer of meaningless powercreep. But the real star of the show has been Steel Path Fissures, it's so nice not needing to snooze through enemies so weak that my Sentinel can solo the missions.

Too early to tell anything.

But the review bombing is still going on, on its what 19th day in a row? If you are asking if people have cooled off.

Will they lose players and money and will it have any effect on going mobile in china, no idea. We will just have to see.

Shards are empty notepad stats, that don't increase gameplay and I don't like the kahl gameplay, so to me the game has been further reduced in addition to the operator nerfs.

I do see myself using abilities way more and I switch a bit more around my arsenal. I still regularly use AoE though, I just weaken the enemies before taking the shot now. I just can't spam it the way I used to and I need a tad bit longer/more effort to complete the missions right now. I still avoid single target like the plague though. 

I was never a big fan of the automated playstyle anyway so no issues there, though I am annoyed by all the elitists crawling out now, insisting on more nerfs, being smug about other players enjoying the game less now and just going full Dark Souls with their "you don't play the game right"-attitude.

So in that regard, nothing has changed too much for me. Single Targets still suck (which I REALLY want to see changed). Eximus still annoy the heck out of me, I like the armor strip changes and I will never ever use Wukongs clone again. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Kahl still sucks. I dislike everything about those missions… except the rewards. So I’ll engage with them for a bit longer, it seems. I’ve posted more constructive feedback in the relevant sub forum. 

I like Archon Hunts. The damage attenuation is still stupid in that it penalizes you for investing in your arsenal.  But the attenuation doesn’t  kick in too bad while solo. I’ve been using Ivara and a silenced Rubico Prime to turn the fights into relaxing experiences. It’s very zen. 

I’m fine with the AOE and ammo changes. I do wish that melee kills would have a slightly greater chance of getting enemies to drop ammo, but beyond that it’s fine. I haven’t experimented with all my old favorites just yet though. 

Shards are whatever. I’m fine with the time gate, but I do hope we eventually get a mercy system for the tauforged. 

Edit: For Wukong, I often forgot to even activate my clone.  I've never been the sort of person that favors a passive, summon-oriented playstyle.  I'm just glad his Cloudwalker wasn't touched, as it's my main reason for using Wukong (spy, rescue, speeding through content, annoyingly cloaking my allies with the augment, etc.).

8 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

I do see myself using abilities way more and I switch a bit more around my arsenal. I still regularly use AoE though, I just weaken the enemies before taking the shot now.

Then it's the right direction for DE. Seriously it's quite obvious what DE was trying to do in this update if one read the patch note. Armor stripping change to allow more permanent armor stripping, new armor stripping subsumable ability, max ammo nerf on AoE weapons, increased weapon swap speed, well it's obvious ain't it? DE honestly just wanted to see more variation in gameplay. Be it some armor stripping before spamming AoE or swapping weapons to counter the ammo nerf, anything.

Orokin gave Tenno 3 weapon slots on warframes then some Tenno spam 1 of them and ignore the other 2. Warframe is still as easy as it was if players are willing to do some research and all the tools are already available to most players.

They made it so you just have to choose your loadout more carefully. Good update and is still my favorite game. 🤙🏼
Like someone mentioned in another thread, “the more game modes the better”. I don’t understand the Kahl hate, he is so much fun and as a bonus, you don’t have to play him, so wassamatteryou?

As someone who was trending away from AOE weapons anyway, and never used Wukong at all, the changes have had basically no effect on me.  Even when I do use AOE stuff, I just make sure to actually shoot enemies instead of random walls and floors.  The largest change I've seen is when I'm farming for something that comes out of boxes.  AOE weapons were fantastic for breaking all the boxes in a room, but now that's a little rough on the ammo.  Not a big deal, but something to be aware of.  I suppose in a pinch I could swap to Limbo and use Cataclysm to smash all the boxes at once.  A little slower, but effective just the same.

The only real upsides for me have been in trying new weapons and realizing that nuke frames can make my gameplay even lazier than just running around with an ignis wraith.

Other that that, between the blanket ammo nerfs, being stuck with the stealth mission for Kahl until Wednesday because of how much I can't stand stealth missions, not doing archons because I don't trust myself with pugs in high-end content and not having friends to do them with because the ones who did play Warframe all quit, and seeing what appears to be DE's now time-honored tradition of nerfing a new frame within the first week of its release, this update still kinda sucks.

But hey, at least Styanax was free for a bit, and battery weapons got their changes reverted, so there's that.  As for Wukong, I do believe his nerfs were fully justified (almost think they could've gone harder there), I kinda wished they'd buff Iron Staff to promote a more reasonable gameplay alternative within his own kit.

I'm still using the same AOE weapons. The only thing that changed for me is that it reduced by something big my choices of warframes.

I find the Kahl missions slow and not fun... boring. I can't imagine playing these missions again and again.

I don't like the fact that the aquisition of archon shards is only 2 times a week, and the fact that tauforged shards aquisition only depend of RNG.

I find the Archon mods bad (huge drain for small and situational buffs). I'm a completionist but ATM i'm not even interested to get them.

The permanent removal of prime vault that was interesting for accessories, and the permanent prime resurgence system that cost too much IMO.

Zariman was a good update for me, nice tileset, good missions, while Veilbreaker was a very bad update, i'm still trying to find something good in it (the removal of syndicate sigils but this is a minor QoL tweak).

All i can say is that it killed most of my will to continu to play this game, and i'm LR2.

Overall good update.

The gate on archon hunts/normal shards need to be removed though. I barely have a reason to log on and play after having done the archon and kahl missions, which take barely an hour per week. No idea why DE doesnt want me to play their game.

Styanax nerfs ("fixes") were horrible aswell.

Archon mods feel like a joke overall.

Other than that I'm pleased.

2 hours ago, PrimalordialBob said:

The anti-AOE crowd didn't move past AOE for four years, so I don't see why the pro-AOE crowd should move past it in two weeks...

Number 1, guns were buffed 2 years ago, not 4. 

Number 2, if you think that the pro AoE players were in the wrong, trying to be as "bad" as they were as a method of revenge isn't very honorable and kills all sympathy towards your pov.

Number 3, I asked because maybe some of the AoE supporters played the update and didn't find the changes to be that bad, or they used another weapon that had very similar performance to pre nerf AoE. I wasn't asking if they felt better, but rather if the nerf really is that bad after a couple weeks of experimentation around it.

I'm overall happy with the patch, the ammunition changes are the only serious sore spot for me?

Why can I put a Sporelacer on Umbra when I'm playing Operator and he can spam it over and over but a Furis and he will use up all of the ammunition and I will come back to no weapon when its time to pop a nullifier bubble? Why is Vermisplicer able to run out of ammunition in 7 seconds when it needs several seconds of wind up in Steel Path just to get the first scaling kill while Tombfinger is basically bottomless in ammo?

Why did it seem like a good idea to adjust all guns? If they had literally fixed the AoE ones to need timing and ammo mods, it would have created an advantage for single target guns, but this made it so that a lot of single target weapons need regular headshots and ammo mods as well so there's basically no incentive anyways. I can't play with the Exilus slot, it's for ammo.. On both weapon types.. I have to try and conserve ammo, on both weapon types.. So thanks, I'll take the explosion?

Pablo has talked about how he can't figure out how to get AoE and single target balanced because AoE has all of the advantages and um.. You had an opportunity to create an advantage in single target's favor for once and threw it away. As usual they literally can't resist going for wonky global band aids instead of just nerfing the outliers. For probably not the last time, stop it. Stop it lol. Stop doing stupid global band aids, start just going for the things you actually need to, please.

I am really happy with Archon Hunts, Steel Path fissures and all of the new build opportunities we have to play with though. I hope that they are going to do a round of adjustments to the ammunition changes and maybe look at improving Sneaky Sabotage, but this patch is sweet for allowing an expansion on higher level play options!

4 hours ago, trst said:

Mad players will likely stay mad at the update.

Personally I've noticed nothing but all my weapons being massively buffed thanks to the headshot changes. Though I'm wondering if DE will go through with the follow up nerfs or not as anyone who actually tries to work around the changes can automate just as much as you could previously. They really didn't do much to the effectiveness of AOE and reverting the battery ammo changes means AFKong is still viable to some degree.

Rest of the update has been great as though, minus Shards being yet another layer of meaningless powercreep. But the real star of the show has been Steel Path Fissures, it's so nice not needing to snooze through enemies so weak that my Sentinel can solo the missions.

AoE in Warframe is cat and mouse. DE can't keep up.

Archived