Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Edited) Revenant Prime WILL come with Phantasma Prime

Skoomaseller

10 hours ago, TheGuyver said:

FTFY

Thank you.

10 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

The wiki is wrong about Nidus' signature weapons, the weapon lead Kaz that made Hema and Hirudo confirmed at Tennocon 2021 that they are Nidus' signature weapons, yet they were not primed for some reason because they're infested. Which is a big contradiction given that Nidus is an infested frame, I'd imagine if the Orokin created Nidus they could have also created his weapons at the same time, therefore using the same logic they could have been primed, if the devs had wanted to prime them. (but I'm still hopeful they'll get upgraded variants when we get infested liches)

So yeah, OP has a good point. Given DE's track record there's a chance that they'll just prime some random weapons and leave Revenant's signatures to rot.

Just watched it, Kaz did say that. hmm

/me waits on wiki people to reply.

16 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Phantasma is clearly a sentient weapon.

It's a corrupted weapon, not a Sentient weapon. Saying it's a Sentient weapon implies more that the Sentients made it, rather than it being corrupted.

18 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Revenant is a Sentient Warframe so I'd say yes to being given his signature weapons.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Revenant himself is a Sentient frame created in the same way as his phantasma

More Eidolon-corrupted-esque than just a straight up Sentient warframe.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

It's a corrupted weapon, not a Sentient weapon. Saying it's a Sentient weapon implies more that the Sentients made it, rather than it being corrupted.

More Eidolon-corrupted-esque than just a straight up Sentient warframe.

Yep

Ravaged by Sentient energy, wreathed with eldritch Eidolon essence, the blighted sovereign Revenant subjugates foes through his affliction. Bestow his sacrificial legion haunted dreams, reap unseen, and spill their lifeblood upon the desolate scorched earth.

16 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

I dunno how they can buff phantasma more as a primed version, it's insanely strong as is. I would imagine some QoL upgrades like more mag size and gold bling.

Tatsu on the other hand needs a lot of buffing and a new two handed nikana stance

It will probably go the Corinth route , 

Where both weapons are slightly different but equally effective.

Maybe the alt fire will no longer be charged and just insta blast with multiple bombs (like bubonico alt fire) 

As to the core question of will they prime a sentient weapon .... I am not sure it is a sentient weapon per se though it is built using sentient parts , it is more of a sentient "infused " weapon. 

Also , DE isn't exactly known for their consistence of lore matching gameplay , so they may just build it anyway .

22 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Although DE can quite easily explain that it was a prime Tenno shotgun but turned sentient together with Revenant Prime (whom existence already kinda throws the warframe lore out of the window anyway)

I think this is why I'm not 100% sure there won't be prime versions of Revenant and those weapons. Just say they were the originals before they fell into the Eidolon bathtub. I could see it being comparable to how we got the Mutalist Cernos from the regular version, which was based on the Prime version.

24 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

I think this is why I'm not 100% sure there won't be prime versions of Revenant and those weapons. Just say they were the originals before they fell into the Eidolon bathtub. I could see it being comparable to how we got the Mutalist Cernos from the regular version, which was based on the Prime version.

There's 100% will be a Revenant Prime. But 90% or maybe 80% for a Phantasma Prime.

23 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Phantasma is an outlier here I will give it that. It's one of few if not the only case being a non-Tenno-origin signature weapon of a warframe.

Although DE can quite easily explain that it was a prime Tenno shotgun but turned sentient together with Revenant Prime (whom existence already kinda throws the warframe lore out of the window anyway)

I mean, Caliban exists, and he's literally a fusion between Sentient and Orokin tech. So that's clearly not an issue when Sentient tech is technically Orokin/Corpus tech regardless. You could easily just say that the Orokin built Revenant and his gear to resemble Eidolons just like Caliban, since they did exist before. Which would also explain why the Eidolon energy affected and corrupted him, since he was built in their likeness, and just like Hunhow and Natah, he could forcibly be changed in some way due to their similar structure. 

The reason why Infestation can't be Primed is because it's a literal virus that takes over whatever it comes into contact with, so it's not exactly a good material to work with. We only have some of the Infested weaponry currently because we ARE Infested, and have more newly realized tech to make it happen (like the Mutalist Strain) that can turn it into something we can use, most likely using a different, less hostile strain like the one from Nidus' quest. It wouldn't make much sense for the Orokin to build guns they can't control when they couldn't even handle the Infestation at a baseline. Nidus was made from the Helminth Strain like every other Warframe, but it seems it doesn't work for weapons unless you just use the "dead" parts, like how Umbra's blade is made from his flesh.

On 2022-09-27 at 11:28 AM, Skoomaseller said:

"But Skoomaseller, any weapon can be primed. Look at Helios Prime! Helios is a Corpus-themed sentinel!"

e4eed82bd4ee27e9762ff70a9646cd2c.jpg

Actually sentinels aren't creation of any faction , according to lore sentinels are split off faction / evolution from sentients .

As they machine life forms the sentinels can be adapted and outfitted by any faction .

On top Corpus lore says that they often reverse engineer Orokin tech like with Fusion Moa's . 

16 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

e4eed82bd4ee27e9762ff70a9646cd2c.jpg

Actually sentinels aren't creation of any faction , according to lore sentinels are split off faction / evolution from sentients .

As they machine life forms the sentinels can be adapted and outfitted by any faction .

On top Corpus lore says that they often reverse engineer Orokin tech like with Fusion Moa's . 

huh? sentinel isn't a faction. i think you're confusing it for sentients

26 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Literally says "enclave of small , strange , seemingly intelligent creatures" , that's straight from Cephalon fragment , in game lore .

sentinels are not a faction, just like how kavats, kubrows, moas and hounds are not separate factions. they're just companions lol. their THEME on the other hand can be based on any faction.

3 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

sentinels are not a faction, just like how kavats, kubrows, moas and hounds are not separate factions. they're just companions lol. their THEME on the other hand can be based on any faction.

Do you not know what word "enclave" means?

the case for gara Is not unique Many people don't remember but mesa also came out with three weapons' but in her case Tigris was already primed before she was. gara was the last frame before they started making frames have only one or two signature weapons. My guess is that they have been making the more recent frames only have one signature weapon so that they have room to catch up old stuff that never got primed like they did with nidus with strun and magnus. 

23 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Except the Eidolons only exist after the fall of the Empire, not before.

They don't actually. The massive Sentient Gara blew up is known as an Eidolon in her lore. The only difference between what it is now, and what it was before, is that it's lobotomized and is broken into pieces. All those Sentient pieces around the Plains are basically parts of the Eidolon, so it's pretty clear the remains, and therefore the Eidolons in general, have been around for a VERY long time.

Archived