Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Edited) Revenant Prime WILL come with Phantasma Prime

Skoomaseller

Le 27/09/2022 à 10:28, Skoomaseller a dit :

As for the Phantasma, it is a pure Sentient beam-shotgun. I don't think that'll get prime treatment. I could be wrong of course, but visually, it doesn't resemble any sort of Tenno aesthetic.

Caliban will be primed... so why not Phantasma ?

I really hope Phantasma will get a Prime version, but perhaps you're right.

Le 27/09/2022 à 10:28, Skoomaseller a dit :

Gara's signature secondary that was never primed.

Gara has three signature weapons : Fusilai, Volnus and Astilla. They had to choose two of them.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Caliban will be primed... so why not Phantasma ?

I really hope Phantasma will get a Prime version, but perhaps you're right.

Gara has three signature weapons : Fusilai, Volnus and Astilla. They had to choose two of them.

just a theory is all. I actually think we'll get phantasma prime after all

About the Lore, the same way as "the Warden" became "the Lost One" (Revenant), after being infused by Eidolon energy, his weapons (a beam shotgun and a two handed Nikana), became the Phantasma and the Tatsu after being modified by the Eidolon.

This is, by the way, how I think they will explain Revenant Prime : The "Prime Warden" became Revenant Prime.

But there is a problem with this explanation no "Prime Warden"frame, or just "Regular Warden" frame survived up to this day, and perhaps this could mean that "The Warden" was not a specific frame name, but a common name used to designate a frame that we already know : as an exemple : an Excalibur Prime got infused, possessed and modified by the Eidolon and this created Revenant Prime.

The Eidolons could have existed even during the Old War : the great Sentient attacked the Earth during the Old War and it was destroyed by Gara during the Old War : the Eidolons (the sentient essence trying to come back) could have appeared at the first night after the great Sentient's defeat, so still during the Old War.

But the Eidolon are not the problem : the problem is that Revenant is supposed to escape from the Eidolon's possession in the present time (Nakak guided by the Unum). So, a Primed version made from a normal version is impossible. That's why I think the explanation will be a Primed frame, corrupted by the Eidolon creating a new kind of frame : Revenant Prime. The reason why we get a normal Revenant on the Mask of the Revenant is due to the limitations of the data we got from the parts of the "possessed" Revenant we destroyed.

This way, we could possibly get this plan :

Some warframe Prime (the Warden) -> Corrupted by the Eidolon Prime warframe (the Lost One) -> normal Revenant built from the Lost One parts -> Revenant Prime rebuilt.

I'm really looking forward to the way they will explain this, as there are many other possibilities.

4 minutes ago, MasterZangdar said:

Insert "Ah ! Wrong !" Gif of IT Crowd's Moss here.

It seems its Phantasma Prime after all.  Lore is something overrated nowadays.

there's nothing to be surprised at tho. EVERY frames will be primed, and everyone ( should know ) that every frame's signature weapon will be primed with them, lore be damned 

Decent reasoning OP, but I am glad you turned out to be wrong. I am actually looking more forward to the Phantasma Prime than Revenant Prime himself. Whilst I like and appreciate consistency with lore, I'd tend to think by default most weapons associated with a Warframe will be Primed. Some exceptions will occur, (Akzani, Fusilai) but I don't think they will be to be in line with in game reasons, more so external reasons, outside very specific outliers (Hema for example) but even then... if the right people at DE really really wanted a Hema Prime, I am sure we would have gotten one. 

4 hours ago, MasterZangdar said:

Insert "Ah ! Wrong !" Gif of IT Crowd's Moss here.

MTQvcmF3

It seems its Phantasma Prime after all.  Lore is something overrated nowadays.

2 hours ago, (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Decent reasoning OP, but I am glad you turned out to be wrong. I am actually looking more forward to the Phantasma Prime than Revenant Prime himself. Whilst I like and appreciate consistency with lore, I'd tend to think by default most weapons associated with a Warframe will be Primed. Some exceptions will occur, (Akzani, Fusilai) but I don't think they will be to be in line with in game reasons, more so external reasons, outside very specific outliers (Hema for example) but even then... if the right people at DE really really wanted a Hema Prime, I am sure we would have gotten one. 

GLAD TO BE WRONG

still want daikyu prime though. ;-;

On 2022-09-29 at 8:47 AM, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Yeah, but DE didn't have to prime the Volnus. We've got plenty of prime hammers but no primed thrown secondaries. So, DE missed a good opportunity to remedy that.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

We've got plenty of prime hammers but no primed thrown secondaries.

I'm fairly certain we only had Fragor Prime, while thrown weapons had Hikou and Spira.

I will say though that had they wanted they could have Primed the Fusilai. They used to add a weapon a year out of Prime Access rotation and stopped doing it with Nyx. Sad Tenno noises :(

On 2022-09-27 at 3:28 AM, Skoomaseller said:

Prediction/speculation at the bottom

I have a gut feeling that Phantasma will not be primed.

Because Hirudo was not primed when Nidus Prime came out. I think that's because Hirudo is a pure Infested weapon.

"But Skoomaseller, any weapon can be primed. Look at Helios Prime! Helios is a Corpus-themed sentinel!"

As far as I know, some Corpus technology is derivative of Orokin tech. That's why it could be primed.

As for the Phantasma, it is a pure Sentient beam-shotgun. I don't think that'll get prime treatment. I could be wrong of course, but visually, it doesn't resemble any sort of Tenno aesthetic.

His other weapon, the Tatsu, at least does. Being a two-handed Nikana, it visually resembles an ōdachi, just like how Nikanas visually resemble katanas. Additionally, it doesn't require sentient cores to build unlike the Phantasma.

Lore-reasons aside, I think they won't prime Phantasma because it is already stupidly strong. But then I look at stuff like the Tenet Arca Plasmor and Kuva Zarr and I think otherwise. Who knows?

Prediction: Revenant Prime will come with Daikyu Prime and Tatsu Prime.

So that's it. Can't wait for Warden Prime.

AND HOPEFULLY WE GET A BETTER 2H NIKANA STANCE PLEASE or at least rework wise razor!!! cmon DE!!!

Edit: TIL Hirudo is not Nidus' signature weapon. Nonetheless I point you towards Fusilai, Gara's signature secondary that was never primed.

Edit 2: PHANTASMA PRIME & TATSU PRIME CONFIRMED LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bad prediction / speculation 

50 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Yeah, but DE didn't have to prime the Volnus. We've got plenty of prime hammers but no primed thrown secondaries. So, DE missed a good opportunity to remedy that.

For prime hammers, there was only Fragor Prime. For thrown secondaries, Spira Prime and Hikou Prime existed for a long time. So hammers definitely needed more primes than thrown secondaries.

On 2022-09-29 at 3:28 AM, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

All those Sentient pieces around the Plains are basically parts of the Eidolon, so it's pretty clear the remains, and therefore the Eidolons in general, have been around for a VERY long time.

@(XBOX)Rez090 is correct. The Eidolon arrived on Earth after the fall of the Orokin. Onkko says: "In the dying days of the Orokin, with forums and promenades still blood-wet from Tenno betrayal, a colossal Sentient descended upon ancient Er, falling from distant stars to deliver upon the Orokin a terrible and final ruin" (emphasis added).

You are correct that the Eidolons have been around for a very long time, but the Orokin have been dead for longer.

Archived