Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 last change to Nyx PLLLLLSSS

(PSN)Agent_Equinox

Back in the day when CC was king, I used nyx alot. Thinking about the good old days, I decided to play her again and for the past week, there is just 1 thing that's kinda been holding her back from her full potential...her 4th.

At current: you consume energy based on the amount of damage absorbed.

The problem: At higher levels, it doesn't take much to use all your energy up, 

Solution: Make her 4th work similar to Harrow's 4th (with the exception of cc buff) where when you cast, it absorbs damage for a SET DURATION and still applies a damage buff at the end, based off amount absorbed. This will prevent all of your energy being wiped out in a instant, thus giving her a little bit more survivability, which she really needs, because she is squishy. Let me know your thoughts 😇😁

P.S. I do think this would be possible. There are many frames with VERY similar abilities (i.e. Ember and Vaubaun)

Just now, (PSN)Agent_Equinox said:

giving her a little bit more survivability, which she really needs, because she is squishy.

Probably your build and play style, she is squishy so don't try to use her on frontline. You have tons of things to make her strong enough to tank now

- Rapid Resilience : no more deadly status effect eating away your health/shield

- Molt Reconstruct : use abilities to heal

- Blue shards : lots of armor

Just some examples

5 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

If I remember right, that was how she was working in past lol. You press 4 and just sit there do nothing for 30-40 seconds. It than was reworked to what we have now. 

I am fully aware of this lol but this is why I believe a set duration would be a little more ideal. It doesn't take us back to the old nyx, but allows nyx to not use all of her energy in 1 button press.

On 2022-09-27 at 7:25 AM, (PSN)Agent_Equinox said:

Back in the day when CC was king, I used nyx alot. Thinking about the good old days, I decided to play her again and for the past week, there is just 1 thing that's kinda been holding her back from her full potential...her 4th.

At current: you consume energy based on the amount of damage absorbed.

The problem: At higher levels, it doesn't take much to use all your energy up, 

Solution: Make her 4th work similar to Harrow's 4th (with the exception of cc buff) where when you cast, it absorbs damage for a SET DURATION and still applies a damage buff at the end, based off amount absorbed. This will prevent all of your energy being wiped out in a instant, thus giving her a little bit more survivability, which she really needs, because she is squishy. Let me know your thoughts 😇😁

P.S. I do think this would be possible. There are many frames with VERY similar abilities (i.e. Ember and Vaubaun)

I personally would make the ability like Revenant's Mesmer skin: similarly to how they buffed Mesmer Skin by adding a cap on it's depletion, what if de added an energy cap on Nyx's absorb? That way she can actually use it in higher levels but still can't just use it forever with no setup.

I use her 4th almost always with the Augment Mod. And in fact, on very high level missions the energy drain is very high. You can use negative power strength to reduce the damage conversion, but it will make Psychic Bolts useless. The only way is to use Chaos and Mind Control to contantly CC the Mobs and give the Eximus some distraction, but even with this sometimes you will still lose all your energy (even if it was full the moment before) with just one hit.

The extra energy drain (8 points) for each 1000 damage has been even more problematic since they fixed it (at the same time they introduced the new Eximus, if I remember well) - before, it was bugged and draining less energy than it should.

One very simple way to fix it, if they don't want to change much of Absorb's mechanics,is to make the "1000 damage step" a bit higher and also the 8 additional energy drain scale better with mods (both Power Strength and Efficiency).

Archived