Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to individual extraction?


(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Recommended Posts

I am sick and tired of pubs coming in at the last minute in a Zariman mission, getting rewards after I did the work, then pulling me out against my will.  Where is individual extraction?  How in the world am I supposed to farm crap like the Hespar parts when any random jerk can just zip into the mission and then force me out against my will?  It completely wastes my time for this to happen.  This is such awful design.  You can't even get to C rotation because people are allowed to just pull you out of your mission.  Did you not think that the mechanics people begged for, that you finally put in other missions, didn't also need to be here?  For a multiplayer game, there are so many mechanics that end up causing nothing but resentment for my fellow players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zariman DOES have an individual extraction. In every mission type, in fact.

However, its implemented differently to how other endless game modes operate.
Specifically: inside the elevator there's a small little yellow console, stading against the big glass. If you approach it - you can interact with it by holding E.
Doing so will forcefully extract the player who does this.

Some people might not know about this feature, so make sure you let them know.
@ at them, if you have to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure the author's post history shows that resentment seems to come only from him, for reasons that affect him alone.

I'm also pretty sure that almost everyone already told him, several times throughout the years too, how to avoid the causes for that emotion (at least, where the "Warframe" product is concerned)... But, it seems that he likes resentment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Artekkor said:

Zariman DOES have an individual extraction. In every mission type, in fact.
Specifically: inside the elevator there's a small little yellow console, stading against the big glass. If you approach it - you can interact with it by holding E.
Doing so will forcefully extract the player who does this.

 

2 hours ago, Artekkor said:

However, its implemented differently to how other endless game modes operate.

yeah i had no idea that this was the case. and as anyone might imagine, the vast majority of the Playerbase does not either. they'll just stand at Extraction because that's what they've been trained to do.

so we'll have to blame the game on this. it also doesn't help that Console is literally inside Extraction too.
if they want it to be a Console it kinda needs to be on the Wall near the Elevator, but outside of Extraction. and be extremely obvious that it is there. like literally a neon holographic Sign hovering off the Wall indicating that individual Extraction can be done there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Artekkor said:

Zariman DOES have an individual extraction. In every mission type, in fact.

However, its implemented differently to how other endless game modes operate...

Some people might not know about this feature, so make sure you let them know.

This is bad game design.

If players can CHOOSE to be harmful, antisocial trolls, some are going to, regardless of what you teach them or ask them to do.

The solution is to not allow them to hurt other players in the first place. And that's what DE should do here. It should work like any other solo extraction in the game - don't encourage or enable forcing other players to leave before they're ready to leave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mycroft_ said:

This is bad game design.

If players can CHOOSE to be harmful, antisocial trolls, some are going to, regardless of what you teach them or ask them to do.

The solution is to not allow them to hurt other players in the first place. And that's what DE should do here. It should work like any other solo extraction in the game - don't encourage or enable forcing other players to leave before they're ready to leave.

If it worked like every other extraction in the game we'd be back to situations in which someone finishes an Extermination/MD/Bounty, heads to extraction, and either waits for the team to collect all the plumes or risk a Host Migration. The current solution isn't perfect, but I prefer it to the alternative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, (PSN)gadgaurd said:

If it worked like every other extraction in the game we'd be back to situations in which someone finishes an Extermination/MD/Bounty, heads to extraction, and either waits for the team to collect all the plumes or risk a Host Migration. The current solution isn't perfect, but I prefer it to the alternative.

Host migrations causing problems is also bad game design implementation ;)

The solution is to fix host migration problems AND make it so solo extract can not hurt other players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mycroft_ said:

Host migrations causing problems is also bad game design implementation ;)

The solution is to fix host migration problems AND make it so solo extract can not hurt other players.

Yes, that would be lovely. But going by what I've seen of this game that might not even be possible. Every little thing DE does causes unexpected consequences, every single patch comes with a plethora of bug fixes. 

 

But that's a whole other discussion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

That's an issue, yes. But heres how to get rid of the problem!

Step 1. Move your cursor towards the square between the Plus sign and your Profile!


Step 2. Click it!


Step 3. To get rid of the problem, do NOT use Public, pick anything but that!


Step 4. Rising Grofit!

You people get so tiresome, acting like the solution to mechanical issues is to go solo in a multiplayer game.  If the mechanics were geared toward multiplayer, instead of nearly every mechanic basically making a squad worse than going solo, this wouldn't be an issue.  Instead of placing the onus on the devs where it belongs, you want to act like I should be solo so that I don't get screwed by mechanics like these.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I'm pretty sure the author's post history shows that resentment seems to come only from him, for reasons that affect him alone.

I'm also pretty sure that almost everyone already told him, several times throughout the years too, how to avoid the causes for that emotion (at least, where the "Warframe" product is concerned)... But, it seems that he likes resentment.

I'm complaining about mechanics within the game that allow players to affect others negatively. 

 

You're following me around the forums (obviously, since you seem to know who I am and lurk my post history.) So you can complain about me complaining.

 

You're the one thriving on the negativity here.  I'm stating issues I have with mechanics, you're lurking posts so you can talk trash.  You might not like my tone, but only one of us had constructive intentions, and it wasn't you.  I want the game to be better.  You want to run your mouth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

That's an issue, yes. But heres how to get rid of the problem!

Step 1. Move your cursor towards the square between the Plus sign and your Profile!


Step 2. Click it!


Step 3. To get rid of the problem, do NOT use Public, pick anything but that!


Step 4. Rising Grofit!

It's funny that this is the advice also given to people complaining about AoE taking away gameplay from public matches, but that was decried as 'toxic' or 'I don't have to gimp myself just for another players playstyle'.

So like is it fine for us to just tell players to stay out of public matches to avoid problems, or is it something that shouldn't be done and the reason people would want to stay out of public matches should be fixed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mycroft_ said:

This is bad game design.

If players can CHOOSE to be harmful, antisocial trolls, some are going to, regardless of what you teach them or ask them to do.

The solution is to not allow them to hurt other players in the first place. And that's what DE should do here. It should work like any other solo extraction in the game - don't encourage or enable forcing other players to leave before they're ready to leave.

Individual extraction can also be harmful,  if you leave other players in situations where they can't survive on their own and end up failing the mission.   Having the option for both pulling out players and extracting individually gives the best of both worlds,  individual extraction for when one person wants to stay alone,  pull out for when one person can't get to the exit fast enough. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

You people get so tiresome, acting like the solution to mechanical issues is to go solo in a multiplayer game.  If the mechanics were geared toward multiplayer, instead of nearly every mechanic basically making a squad worse than going solo, this wouldn't be an issue.  Instead of placing the onus on the devs where it belongs, you want to act like I should be solo so that I don't get screwed by mechanics like these.

Here's the thing, I didn't say Solo only. I clearly said pick anything but PUBLIC. Why on earth would you believe you'd have a secure and fun mission when possibly 1000s or millions (depending on your region and timezone) could join your mission and make your experience a whole trainwreck?

I never forbade you from playing multiplayer, you strawmanned me and forbade yourself from playing multiplayer, then called me out for it lol.

All I suggested was to play with trusted people because trust me, multiplayer is an experience I have been dying for since I started playing in 2018 (stupid xbox gold), and I got to play with a squad last year, and it was good, but some shenanigans like my dumb internet and no chat made me stick to playing with my clan only, even though they have a WAY different timezone than mine.

Prevention is better than a cure. 

Btw congrats on finding those kurias, only found 5 in my entire life lmao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

It's funny that this is the advice also given to people complaining about AoE taking away gameplay from public matches, but that was decried as 'toxic' or 'I don't have to gimp myself just for another players playstyle'.

So like is it fine for us to just tell players to stay out of public matches to avoid problems, or is it something that shouldn't be done and the reason people would want to stay out of public matches should be fixed?

You make a fair point but telling those people to stop doing what they are doing is like telling criminals to stay away from a man holding a million dollars in his hand.

You won't fully get rid of the problem, there will always be rule-breakers or trolls, this is a game with millions of players playing on it, not everyone will stick to those rules.

Unless DE takes moderator action in this case, try to avoid having a problem in the first place; Kinda like quarantine, isnt it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...