Jump to content
  • 0

Help with Grendel farm needed....solo is unbearable


KarlosCV
 Share

Question

I know it's a pain but I figured in a squad it's way faster.

Just tried to solo this but especially the defense part is unbearable. I ran Hildryn with Fragor Prime heavy slamming everything but it's still so slow and painful... I just aborted after 3 rounds, couldn't take it anymore.

Help would be greatly appreciated and the recruit chat is obviously hopeless. Will be available all day, just PM me. Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
43 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

You've got Hildryn already, so put on Blazing Pillage and that will do most of the work. Asides from that, just takes a lot of patience.

did you forget that the grendel missions are ran with no mods whatsoever. it's like playing 2013 warframe as a new player vs lvl 60 mobs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

If you want to stick with Hildryn, Helminthed chroma elemental ward (electrical) works well with blazing pillage - more shields, more reactive aoe damage.

Octavia works well here too - just use mallet and amp.  Maybe metronome for invisibilty if you can afford the energy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
35 minutes ago, mbf-wr said:

If you want to stick with Hildryn, Helminthed chroma elemental ward (electrical) works well with blazing pillage - more shields, more reactive aoe damage.

Octavia works well here too - just use mallet and amp.  Maybe metronome for invisibilty if you can afford the energy.

Octavia relies on energy a bit too much and without mods mallet is not very good. But Hildryn with Blazing Pillage might work well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, KarlosCV said:

Just tried to solo this but especially the defense part is unbearable. I ran Hildryn with Fragor Prime heavy slamming everything but it's still so slow and painful... I just aborted after 3 rounds, couldn't take it anymore.

I'd recommend using weapons with inate toxin - Mire and  Cerata both work really well in my experience. Stuff dies a lot faster when your damage ignores shields.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

So Hildryn with Blazing Pillage was indeed a winner. Got a bit hectic at the end of Excavation with all the Eximus spam but now I have all the Grendel parts.

P. bad experience though, too long, too obnoxious. Even the Khora farm was better, at least I got to level up tons of my stuff and got +10MR while doing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Aazhyd said:

Easiest way is to farm prime parts and buy her for plat. That's what I did.

 

To be honest, money is not a huge deal for me. I mean you get the -75% off on plat, you put 50 bucks in the game and you get 4000 plat. That can last you ages if you don't dump your plat in cosmetics.

But I decided not to buy frames for plat a long time ago coz you're just paying to avoid content, essentially. I also farm most of my weapons, with rare exceptions, when I get too unlucky and snap (like the Acceltra farm, I must've ran that stupid Ur mission dozens of times and no drop.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I would echo the sentiment of buying her... since the shield gating was added, it made an already miserable slog 10x worse.

but if you must, two people in my clan did it with limbo and hildy  - hildy to dps, limbo to help protect the defense objective and for the passive energy gain while in the rift.  

imho they need to further reduce the enemy level since shield gating makes it significantly harder(/longer/tedious) than it was on release.

they probably wont though because with it being such a chore they probably have good sales #'s with people just buying her outright.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, KarlosCV said:

Octavia relies on energy a bit too much and without mods mallet is not very good. But Hildryn with Blazing Pillage might work well.

Octavia worked fine for me, but only on the defense mission and it was a long time ago - way before the eximus re-work.

1 hour ago, KarlosCV said:

So Hildryn with Blazing Pillage was indeed a winner. Got a bit hectic at the end of Excavation with all the Eximus spam but now I have all the Grendel parts.

P. bad experience though, too long, too obnoxious. Even the Khora farm was better, at least I got to level up tons of my stuff and got +10MR while doing it.

Glad it worked out for you.  Grendel missions are challenging, but not in a particularly fun way - more of a slog really.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, KarlosCV said:

So Hildryn with Blazing Pillage was indeed a winner. Got a bit hectic at the end of Excavation with all the Eximus spam but now I have all the Grendel parts.

P. bad experience though, too long, too obnoxious. Even the Khora farm was better, at least I got to level up tons of my stuff and got +10MR while doing it.

It is easier, faster, and more fun with a full squad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 hours ago, hyzmarca said:

It is easier, faster, and more fun with a full squad. 

Yeah, a lot of stuff in Warframe is, but try to find someone willing to farm Grendel with you now.

Anyway it's done, and for anyone landing in the same spot in the future and finding this thread - just take Hildryn and Blazing Pillage. It's a slog, but mostly easy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Cerata will make Grendel missions trivial to solo. Throw it then detonate with MMB for a guaranteed powerful Toxin proc. It will even dispatch Bursas without issue. You can use any frame you like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...