Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Railjack pilot AI is going braindead again.

Anpoca

AI pilots used to shoot at radiators in railjack missions, then they stopped with the Zariman patch, then it was fixed. Now it seems to be happening again sometimes (but not always): The pilot will park the ship somewhere and do nothing. 

It's been the same for a couple of years now despite the odd mention about fixes in various hotfixes. I don't think this one is fixable although apparently it works fine on consoles according to someone in game chat. What annoys me is that for a solo veil mission it takes about 14 minutes at best with this wonky AI with having to keep going outside in archwing to shoot the radiators manually, as opposed to 4 and a half minutes with a full squad. I don't mind it taking longer if you're solo but over 3 times longer is a bit harsh. Must be especially hard for new players because they have to fight their way out and back in again through mobs.

The bug might even be causing DE's stats to wrongly indicate that railjack is very unpopular and no-one plays it when ironically this bug is the cause of those low stats because solo missions are just not worth people's time. Even in a multiplayer mission if no-one joins you by the time half of the ships are destroyed (1 or 2 minutes), the game blocks anyone else from joining and you're now in a solo mission now so what do people do? They abort of course and either start another multiplayer mission or go do something else. Eventually they'll go do something else. This causes less multiplayer missions to show as being completed in DE's stats as well. I'm not sure if DE fully understand how important this bug is. I've reported it a couple of times but have all but given up now. It's a pity because I really like railjack and want to see it succeed.

hace 1 hora, DogsConkers dijo:

The bug might even be causing DE's stats to wrongly indicate that railjack is very unpopular and no-one plays it when ironically this bug is the cause of those low stats because solo missions are just not worth people's time

I know for a fact that I'd play it more if it were more reliable. Skirmish void storms have an amazing payout when done with a group, and they're even decent solo when the AI crewmates don't go on strike.

• 2 weeks later...

They seem to have a specific problem with the Asteroid Hangar, where they always miss the 2nd radiator.  Then on every other target it feels like a 50/50 whether they hit it or not.  Which means you'll be running outside 100% of the time as not to waste time.  Hopefully it's something which at least get "looked" at again soon. 

If I were DE I'd personally just give it like a 5 second timer to be destroyed, if you have an AI pilot.  Maybe check that there's no boarders on the railjack/it's not going critical.  Instead of requiring them to actually hit the target.  That way a player could probably still be faster than an AI-pilot but it'd guarantee it'd be hit if you're soloing the mission.

• 3 months later...

Archived