Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #164

[DE]Megan

I would really appreciated if we got an update or some information on what will be done with the issues on Steam Deck and not being able to use a keyboard and mouse because the game will default to controller and not let you change over. Unfortunately I can not use a controller properly so KB&M is my only option. Xbox has had it for years now, so I don't understand why we can not use it on the Steam Deck.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno!

Join us on September 30th at 2 p.m. ET via twitch.tv/warframe for the official reveal of the next Prime Warframe! The team will be taking a look back at Veilbreaker and our 50th Warframe, Styanax, before going over what the community can expect in October!

There will be Twitch Drops - watch to earn yourself a Veiled Riven Cipher!

See you over at twitch.tv/warframe Friday, September 30th at 2 p.m ET! 

im sad no banner , means ill have to make my own ..

EDIT*

Banner is now added 

30 minutes ago, Malikaith said:

Depends on what you mean by "The problem"

It toned down AOE's ability to kill things out of line of sight massively. But if you want single target to be optimal in a horde game, it did not, and can not. If they ruin AOE primaries, then it will go to warframes or melee with +range again.

If your goal is to nerf AOE into the ground so single target will shine, in a horde game, that's like trying to stick a square peg into a round hole

It did make the game a ton less fun for some people though, so if you dont like people who use some specific AOE weapons, you are getting revenge ha.

This is my main issue, in what I consider a space ninja power fantasy game. Step 1, they nerfed melee. In a space NINJA fantasy. Then they decided the wanted to nerf the next thing, in this case powerful aoe. A horde game that nerfs aoe… So at this point, since being at all true to a genre is out the window, we can just expect whtever the next meta is to be nerfed. It’s like someone read “How to Kill Your Video Game for Dummies” and made it their bible.

il y a 23 minutes, BloodRaevn a dit :

This is my main issue, in what I consider a space ninja power fantasy game. Step 1, they nerfed melee. In a space NINJA fantasy. Then they decided the wanted to nerf the next thing, in this case powerful aoe. A horde game that nerfs aoe… So at this point, since being at all true to a genre is out the window, we can just expect whtever the next meta is to be nerfed. It’s like someone read “How to Kill Your Video Game for Dummies” and made it their bible.

I abused the melee meta hard, and nonstop red crits trivializing everything with E spam was too strong(And boring), I think how they handled it was perfect, adding in weapon arcanes to boost guns, and nerfing them not to the point where they could not do content or are less fun to use.

If they took the AOE nerf philosophy to their previously successful melee nerf, they would of removed primed reach AND put a cooldown on how often you can melee swing, to force you to do other things........It would of also been a disaster, and I think it's a terrible mistake to be like "People always complain, they complained then, people complain now, it's all the same, we didnt make a mistake, we did what so many on the forums want.", because what if they did make a mistake? They would never be able to destginush a mistake from the usual *@##$ing. And people on here *@##$ about the stupidest stuff, constantly, so it can be a challenge to distinguish

If they would of taken the successful melee nerf philosophy, they would of kept AOE weapons functional and fun, dialed them back some, and raise singletarget up somehow. I do think firestorm was the right call ofc.

Choking people on ammo is not fun, infuriating, and impossible to balance across the difficulties. What tames it on normal mode can cripple it on steel path.

Now, even when I dont run out of ammo, my mind is always "Need pickups need pickups" and I focus so much on ammo and not blasting things, and it spoils the experience for me. Brahma on the steel path with a non invincibility frame was the most fun warframe had ever been to me, and certainly not braindead or automated. Though now, if I ever go away from the group in a 4 man team, especially if its in something that the brahma doesnt oneshot, I often end up without enough ammo to kill things with the extreme nerf to pickups with each new party member.

It just isnt fun

I really hope they rethink it

1. Are we ever going to get custom primary and secondary weapons and maybe armor pieces and syandanas positioning like Melee currently has?

2. Can we get the option to add sugatras to primary and secondary weapons?

3. Any update on the Proto weapon skins that we saw a long time ago?

4. Several skins and armor sets have mismatched color channels. Do you guys plan on doing a review for this to at least make the metallic slots consistent or give us the option to color individual armor pieces and helmets separately? Examples:The Gazal, Hulta, Magor and Vatala and Tennocon 2018, 2019 and 2020,2022 armor sets, Excalibur Onyx skin, Frost Emperor skin, Ember Vermillion skin.

5. Please let us use Excal Prime's helmet/skin on Excal Umbra.

6. Updates on Melee 3.0/rage mode and duel wielding for one handed melee weapons and one handed secondaries which was implemented for glaives and then seemingly abandoned.

7. Now that we are getting less devstreams, any chance we will get more time devoted to Q&A or an alternate source for it.

8. Can you please stop disabling certain face gear when using certain head gear on operators? From what I have seen people were way less concerned with the clipping than their ability to customize their operators. An additional slot to separate forehead pieces from pieces that cover the mouth would be appreciated too.(also please fix the judicial coils. They are still invisible on the operator and doubled up on the drifter)

9. Any chance we will get the option to swap out exalted weapon models for their standard/prime/umbra/premium skin appearances on variants of the frames. Excalibur can not swap any of his sword skins, including his new premium one and primed frames with exalted weapons can't use their standard skin counterparts.

10. Is the loadout UI going to be overhauled to show everything that should be loadout specific(Archwings, their weapons, archwing guns for ground combat, operator arcanes and amps, kdrives and nechramechs and their weapons?

11. Are we ever going to get a focus dump? Once you max the schools there is nothing to do with accumulated focus.

12. Can we get more Loadout and Riven slots or possibly just uncap them and let us buy as many as we want?

13. Now that thrown weapons have a comfortable timed recall, are we ever going to get the Arcata added to PVE?

14. Can we get mod capacity removed while in the simulacrum so we can properly test builds before applying Forma?

15. Now that status immunity has been removed from Liches and Nechromecs, is there an ETA on removing it from other enemy types? Making enemies completely status immune removes a large chunk of the arsenal.

16. Any chance we can get our clan emblem as a glyph?

17. Can Nova Prime's Null Star be made colorable rather then just being gold balls? Also, Resonator is not taking on its prime form when applied to primed frames.

18. Any chance that we will get additional hotkeys on PC? Would be nice to be able to hotkey several orbiter functions like decorating or going to the foundry rather then going through menus.

19. Now that they have been nerfed can we get access to the acolyte mods on Exalted weapons?

20. You allowed us to buy up to three additional cosmetic and mod loadouts but it wasn't added to operators. When can we expect them to get that feature as well?

21. The prime trailers had interesting lore bits in them. Can we get their scripts added to the prime warframe's codex entries or even the videos. It would add flavor to their pretty bland text now and bring them in line with other frames that got entries like that like Excal, Rhino, Ember and Mag.

22. Kdrives are a cool toy to play around with for a bit but have no home in the actual game beyond temporary status immunity when eidelon hunting or if you really want to fall out of the Plains map. Are they going to ever get a look to increase their utility? Giving them defensive functions when you are not on them like AOE  buffs or barriers that appear at the location of dismount or even something as simple as being able to fish while on them would go a long way.

23. While we are at it, can we get custom keybinds for kdrives. Several of them are shared with standard keybinds.

24. There are a number of useless mods in the game right now. Things like Warm Coat are basically just clutter in the mod system and rarely get looked at unless they happen to be tied to some sort of major overhaul like the status changes. Is there any plans to do a wider overhaul of the mods that get no usage.Perhaps you could even provide a list of mods to the design council and have them come up with ideas for them, or open that up to the whole community a few mods at a time.

25. Can we get a "Silly Warframe" toggle that will hide holiday items like the new wings, candy cane scythes, easter egg ephemera, etc for players that don't want to see them. Would be a good opportunity to make those items permanent for those that like them too.

26. The heavy attack animation for Exalted Blade is pretty lackluster right now. Any chance it will get a look. At the very least it should get an energy wave like it standard attacks, ideally though it should generate a more impressive wave in terms of power and size, Please let me live my anime dreams.bleach-ichigo.gif

•  

Please bring back Veso-R, its unfair that he is only playable character from new war that doesnt return in some form, , kahl returned in current update, teshin returns in duviri paradox and we kept drifter since new war. Meanwhile not only Veso-R didnt return he is actually made butt of the joke, people still cannot remember his name, thats disrespectful to his character.

Veso-R was my favorite playable character from new war, he had  courage to opose Alad and his gameplay was very unique, so please bring him back, maybe build up on his gameplay like you did with Kahl, give him his own set of missions, maybe his own syndicate and his own place in drifter camp.

2 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

And Necramechs! Feels like forever ago since they announced they would make this implementation but haven't expanded on it since. 

I agree but i feel nechs need to do more than just be literal tanks imo. Already have powerful operators and warframes, what use have we for nechs? Especially if the transition animation into using the necramechs is still super slow

Maybe it could be like Fallout 4's Power Armor where it requires a really rare resource before the mission before it can be used, and that resource or fuel gets drained the longer you use the nech in the mission. For the effort it would offer massive amounts of power, but you still have to be careful because you only have so much fuel for the nech for that mission before you can no longer use it for the rest of the mission

Whats cool about it is it could work as something to help keep you from getting bored in a long mission without being overused. Get tired of playing your warframe or it gets to weak? Use your nech for the next 5 or 10 minutes or so to start annhilating enemies in a new way.

They can replace th archgun feature as archguns are quite boring on their own, just let use with the nechs. Id like that

2 hours ago, Genitive said:

Are you going to share your long-term plans for the game? For example railjack. Currently, there is a general feel that the mode is abandoned. It would be nice to have another white board with stuff for the future.

Railjack def seems to be in a better light than it was before, that inital releasewas REALLY bumpy but ive started developing a love for it, and i just made a post asking for other peoples opinions on it and by large they seemed to have some love for it too

If DE does consider dealing with railjack again, i think a really good move would be to 

1.) Make an open world that also acts as a navigation system to other planets. The reward for choosing to use rail jack to get to these other planets is a high chance that you could come across enemy ships along the way carrying very useful loot like resource boosters, damage boosters, ability boosters, just a bunch of fun goodies

2.) Allow for special rare events to occasionally be stumbled upon in the open world like finding a roaming powerful kuva lich that lore wise has successfully destroyed its tenno that created it. Its could just carry buffs for kuva or tenet weapons that you already have, or offer loads of kuva.

3.) Add certain bounties that allow for endurance modes with your ship. Like you can set off an alarm and cause ships to swarm you constantly, and if you leave the radius of the alarm you just get 1 more wave of enemies chasing you before you finish and are allowed to extract with rewards.

And finally

4.) Add more ways to customize your railjack like you would a car in a racing game.

Like screw full body skins, id pay loads to just customize 1 part of my rail jack at a time. Working on the side skirts, the engines, the front of the railjack, the bottom, the top, adding spoiler wings. Then let me place decal wherever i want and as many as i want, id buy decal slots and customize it like i would a clan dojo.

Yeah 😊

And finally finally

5.) If its too much letting other players join in with their railjack, i think lettimg us bring smaller ship with less going on would be awesome to have, in the case the host doesnt want us touching their ship and we want to go different directions.

What happened to pet commands? It was mentioned a few Devstreams ago and the assets were used, I think, during the New War and also Kahl missions. I wish to use my moa's Stasis Field but stationary, as if I was in my safe little bunker. Also, when Nyx rework? A pure crowd control warframe is pretty outdated nowadays. Trinity too doesn't really fit anywhere because there are other warframes which don't force you to be a full "support-bot"

I'm going to focus on one thing at a time from now on: can we get a change to the Tenet Diplos' functionality?  For something that's crit-leaning, and for most of the crit power-ups relying on headshots, it's kinda difficult to get a headshot with the Diplos' scoped homing function, which is, like, its main thing.  It's also way worse targeting-wise than the Sepulchrum's alt-fire.  I think it should be closer to that.  Maybe not quite as solid because it would be broken, but better than it is now.  For something that takes a non-insignificant amount of effort to get AND has some unique function, it's pretty lackluster.  For me, anyway.

Archived