[Question] Old Product Keys

OracleHisty

Question

5 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, OracleHisty said:

I have a source where I can purchase older bundles for warframe based on steam keys and such. Is it still possible to redeem older keys without risk of not working. I want to make sure before I purchase it.

It may depend on how old it is, or what it is for. I imagine a five year old key probably won’t work, but one from within the last year could. I would suggest you look at the legitimacy of the site too before buying anything. If you receive anything from an unofficial source you do risk getting banned. Largely due to platinum, if it is illicitly acquired DE removes it. You then must buy more from them to give yourself a non-negative balance.

• Sites like G2A reportedly have issue with credit card fraud being used to acquire keys. At least last time I looked at it. Something like this would get the contents removed from your account. 
  • Like 2

I would be very wary of old keys, especially from any reseller type sites.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

Sites like G2A reportedly have issue with credit card fraud being used to acquire keys. At least last time I looked at it. Something like this would get the contents removed from your account. 

G2A is garbage. Do not buy crap from them:

Yong Yea video

Sterling video (some NSFW language)

11 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

G2A is garbage. Do not buy crap from them:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are other sites like it that are equally as bad. You do have to be really careful with any reselling site. I have seen a few of them mentioned by various companies/publishers as "if your key comes from one of these sites (list provided by each company), you will be banned". I have not seen anything from DE regarding this, but I imagine they would take the exact same approach.

12 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I'm sure I've heard other mentioned, but yeah, they're the big one that people know.

There are many others, but I figure G2A is the only one most have heard of. 

OP, if it is a random site that is known for this then maybe mention it so people know not to touch it.