Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: best warframe update in years?

-Moctezuma-

This video made by Ashisogi tenno gives some very good points on why this update migth be the best and the most fair update this game has received

Then again, it's not like recent updates like The New War were that groundbreaking

Compare The New War vs The War within

The War Within

- War Within Quest

- Riven mods 

- Operator mode

- New Tileset (Kuva Fortress)

- 4 new weapons

- New Enemy types (KUVA GUARDIANS, KUVA JESTERS)

- New Mission type (Assault)

The New War

- New War Quest

- 6 new weapons

- Reskinned plains / orb vallis bounties

- New Warframe (Caliban)

4 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

minus the bugs

And that's the key isn't it? AoZ brought one of the biggest bugs in recent history: the stack decay bug. It took a month to fix on PC and 3 months to fix on console. And that's just the worst of the many, many other AoZ bugs. So yeah, very low bar for a "good" update.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

That's not saying much as TNW and AoZ set a very low bar.

TNW I can kind of understand. I enjoyed it but, yeah controversial.

But AoZ? Sure, yeah, the economy is a bit screwy as is the fact you have to go trawling the whole map to rank up, but it's introduced two of the best game modes in Warframe's current history and also Armageddon? It's hardly a knock out the park, but compared to the likes of the Old Blood, it's hardly a low bar. A middling height bar at worst.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

And that's the key isn't it? AoZ brought one of the biggest bugs in recent history: the stack decay bug. It took a month to fix on PC and 3 months to fix on console. And that's just the worst of the many, many other AoZ bugs. So yeah, very low bar for a "good" update.

and now it's gone but the content remains solid and enjoyable

every update comes with a bag of bugs, it's common knowledge by now. hell, my game was so bugged that i avoided AoZ content for a couple of days for some patches but once it was ironed out, i really enjoyed the grind and new missions

veilbreaker has been kinda lackluster in comparison because i'm already done in an hour until the next mission rolls around. i prefer grinding for as long as i want vs weekly progression

34 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I think you're full of crap with this statement. Both were fantastic and were great transitions to Warframe's next chapter. 

The New War was a decent quest, but had no impact whatsover til recently with the veilbreaker update

they kept hyping it up for over 3 years

- No new missions

- No new gamemodes

- No new tilesets

- Max level for enemies in new war was 15, making it a boring cheese thru fest in the third act of the quest (when we get our warframes back)

- No actual "All Out War" as they kept advertising

- Rushed third act of the quest (DE admited this themselves)

the entire narmer & sentient presence dissapeared after we finished the quest (except for those boring reskinend narmer plains bounties)

Simply compare The New War vs The War Within

The War within brougth Rivens mods, new tileset (kuva fortress), operator mode. MANY new weapons

Veilbreaker was the update that got me to change my review from negative to positive after 2 years, because it feels like they are starting to try and add more stuff I'd like to actually play and not just focusing on new shinies. I don't feel like it's entirely amazing, I guess maybe I'm mixed about how they handled ammo and feel like Break Narmer missions need some more action and a bit less scavenging if they are a weekly fixture but I really like Steel Path fissures and Archon Hunts.

I like the new era so far, they want to try new ideas and work in some healthy changes. Some of it has not gone as planned like some bugs and adjustment issues, but I feel like I want to play Warframe more than before ^^

3 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

veilbreaker has been kinda lackluster in comparison because i'm already done in an hour until the next mission rolls around. i prefer grinding for as long as i want vs weekly progression

I think you represent the positive side of a big hurdle DE struggles with: how do you keep both major parties happy (core vs unique) without completely pissing off the opposing group? I love the new weekly system (which is a supercharged version of the old school weekly tactical alerts) and hope they can strongly incorporate both systems. Kahl, in particular, is such a cool breath of fresh air to me while the archon fights bring back great memories of the co-op play with friends that had a ton of freakouts, clowning and an overall great time! 

29 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Both were fantastic and were great transitions to Warframe's next chapter. 

I think this statement is "full of crap" as you  say. Guess what? People have different opinions. TNW was very divisive. And I fall in the camp that thinks TNW fell far, far, far short of what DE was promising years before. 

"I can't find anything negative to say with anything".

And I am of course not going to even mention the nerfs.

Doesn't sound bought out at all. At minimum you have to at least recognize the reality of recorded history, if you want to pretend to be objective. Oh the word "nerf" is from the corporate censorship list, so we can't even mention it?

He must have a very low opinion of his audience, being so relaxed bs'ing to their face thinking no one will notice.

Just now, Surbusken said:

"I can't find anything negative to say with anything".

And I am of course not going to even mention the nerfs.

Do you consider the nerfs to be negative? care to explain why?

Also the guy from the vid is usually very negative towards DE and whatever they do, this vid seems to be the exception

Just now, -Moctezuma- said:

Do you consider the nerfs to be negative? care to explain why?

Also the guy from the vid is usually very negative towards DE and whatever they do, this vid seems to be the exception

Yeah exactly.

That's why I said they bought him out.

It's unrealistic to go from having your own opinion, to 120% corporate apologist, saying "everything is perfect", which he literally did, and try to censor all talk of anything negative.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I think you represent the positive side of a big hurdle DE struggles with: how do you keep both major parties happy (core vs unique) without completely pissing off the opposing group? I love the new weekly system (which is a supercharged version of the old school weekly tactical alerts) and hope they can strongly incorporate both systems. Kahl, in particular, is such a cool breath of fresh air to me while the archon fights bring back great memories of the co-op play with friends that had a ton of freakouts, clowning and an overall great time! 

i really enjoy the kahl missions too, i wish he had an endless mission or two though so i could play him beyond a weekly set of mini challenges

i'd grind out stock as kahl, if i could

Personally I think DE has been on a roll with so many of the recent updates.  I loved The New War, I loved Angels of the Zariman, and I'm loving Veilbreaker.

Are there tweaks I'd love to see?  Yes.  But personally, I feel the overall game is in the best shape it's been in since I started playing years ago.

Indeed imo as well, it´s been on the best updates in a long time.

I don´t care that much about ashinogi as I´ve never watched his content much but I´m aware he did quit WF and then returned for this and yeah I doubt DE bought him out as some salty bramma user #!243434 is saying here, I just think he is enjoying his time in WF again. Just like I am with this update.

But they really need to fix ephemera coloring still not working with operators... bruh

I´m looking forward to Duviri & Crossplay looking at AoZ and Veilbreaker.

4 minutes ago, Mag_Gaming said:

I doubt DE bought him out as some salty bramma user #!243434 is saying here

LMAOO truee

2 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

I still say fortuna was warframe's peak update, all down hill and running around the problems since.

Kinda agree, i feel like fortuna was around the golden age of warframe, the hype for the game was at it's highest

Don't care about some random youtube opinion. But the idea of Veilbreaker being one of the best updates is just a statement of fact. Just for DE finally trying (trying, not succeeding) to nerf AOE and not immediately backpedaling under the backlash all while certain types of players seem to have been pushed out of the game.

Though I find it odd why some are so hard on New War as an update. Yes it lacked content but it finished the story arc we've been on for about seven years.

41 minutes ago, trst said:

Yes it lacked content but it finished the story arc we've been on for about seven years.

Personally, my issue with TNW is the way it resolved said arc.

The Sentients returning to the system in force is something I've personally been looking forward to since quite literally the first piece of in-game lore we got (the Excalibur Codex Entry), yet it felt like the actual "War" part of the New War was over far too quickly. I suppose there's something to be said about how it accurately reflects what would happen when a slapdash alliance between rival factions in the face of an overwhelming foe would realistically lead to (IE: It would fail), but that doesn't make the supposed climax of the New War any less of an anticlimax.

What I was kind of hoping for was a quest where we actually assembled the alliance before taking the fight to Erra and Ballas. Basically, a few extra missions and scenes before the Kahl section in order to help prepare for the Sentients' imminent arrival. Having that build-up would have made the failure hold that much more weight. What we actually got felt more like a rushed attempt to set things up for the Drifter's arrival, and thus move the story more toward the Void and Duviri.

Worth noting, I'm not opposed to the plot point of Ballas and Erra working together (in fact, I rather enjoy the fact that the former manages to trick the player into building the Paracesis for him by exploiting his reputation of being vain and spiteful), and I'm fine with Ballas taking centre stage since he's the more established antagonist, but I don't think making Erra subordinate to him and giving him a rushed redemption arc was the right call (At the very least, Pazuul means that DE have a chance to at least somewhat rectify that).

Also, another issue I've had for a while that The New War brought to the forefront: I really wish DE would account for the fact that there's more than one Tenno active in the system when writing quests. Narmer's stabbing of you and subsequent takeover of the system just left me wondering "OK, what happened to all the others? How does throwing one Tenno into the Void stop all others from fighting back?", and since it's still not been addressed to this day I've had to come up with my own head-canon just to resolve it. Before it was at least tolerable, since story quests were either personal journeys where the player character wouldn't want anyone else involved or time-sensitive to the point where bringing in backup likely wouldn't be an option. But the New War is an event that literally spans the system, so it's really strange to me that other Tenno aren't even mentioned.

My hope is that a future update will split The New War into two quests: The New War itself, and an immediate sequel called "The Rise of Narmer". Then add a load of extra missions to the former in order to actually portray the Sentients' invasion and your attempt to gather forces to fight it off (which ends up being ineffective as per the existing quest). Basically, I'd like to see Act 1 of the existing quest expanded into its own 3-act storyline.

Anyway, sorry about this ramble. I've been wanting to jot down my overall thoughts on the quest for a while now, and your comment kinda gave me the perfect excuse.

Archived