Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Prime confirmed in Devstream 164 banner. Image with design:

p_silveira

8 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Fair enough

But I'd love to see a video example (without blasting "MLG pro" music in the background) of this "high survivability and one hit kill level cap mobs"

I could link you a level cap amprex build video where the uploader is using Revenant if you're interested. What you're asking for is to have someone spend hours in a mission to reach level cap and I don't have any recording software.

il y a 26 minutes, Circle_of_Psi a dit :

Fair enough

But I'd love to see a video example (without blasting "MLG pro" music in the background) of this "high survivability and one hit kill level cap mobs"

I'll have to do that. The only videos I have are the ones on the Archon hunt, but those are not high level mobs. I've made these videos for another thread (about Revenant's Mesmer Skin). The level cap one-hit kill is due to the fact that Reave does not cause a specific amount of damage, but a percentage of the Thrall's HP. With about 250% Power Strength, you reach 100% and that means one-hit kill. The mechanic is very simple : activate Mesmer Skin, use Enthrall on a stunned Mob (no energy cost) and when the Thralls number reach 7 (cap) use Reave on them : one-hit kill no matter their level while you're ignoring all damage with Mesmer Skin.

1) ignore damage and threat level of any enemy, even the Archon itself.

2) easily killing the Deacon by enthralling the mobs around.

3) extreme DPS : you just need 250% power strength (much easier now with the Molt Arcanes) to one hit kill every single mob (no matter its level) by just spreading his 1 and running around (Overguarded enemies are an exception and you'll have to remove overguard before killing them). Someone said above that Revenant do not have ane damage multiplier and that's true, but he doesn't even need it.

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

It's kinda disappointing none of them bother trying to use his Enthrall. After the eximus rework, creating minions on the fly gives you a form of CC that they're still vulnerable to: Distraction.

I mean, I agree, but it's very underwhelming to spend time/energy making thralls when a Mirage on crack using a Bramma will just come into the frame and wipe them all out in 1s with a single click of LMB. Thrall Pact (the augment) is awesome, but most of the time I can't use the bonus properly because there's someone constantly wiping out the thralls.

IMO there's a simple fix for this: make thralls immune to teammate's damage except Revenant, delivering all the damage when the duration ends. Revenant can't troll with this ability, active thralls don't prevent Defense rounds from going forward, and he can't enthrall capture targets. If the damage dealt to enemies gets delivered to them once the duration ends, there's literally no harm nor trolling capacity being added by giving them immunity from teammate's attacks.
Revenant can still decide whether to kill them outright or to keep them alive for Thrall Pact / crowd control. It's a win-win scenario.

19 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Invulnerability is too general. By that logic Iron skin is just as much of an Eidolon themed power. Also Mesmer skin puts enemies to sleep (which was put on the ability because vampires put people to sleep). Which is very much not an Eidolon thing.

Danse Macabre is Revenants only Eidolon themed ability.

Eidolons do commands around the Vomvalysts, but what they don’t do is go around mind controlling people. Seriously, there’s no reason Revenants 1 shouldn’t have been summonable Vomvalysts.

Reave looks like a Vomvalyst dash, but it didn’t use to. It used to look like a flat wall of smoke or mist. Because again vampires can do that. And its function is to drain health from the enemy and heal Revenant. Much like how a vampire drinks blood. Yeah Eidolons don’t do that either.

His passive is Eidolon themed but it’s garbage.

Yeah, literally everything that’s not his 4 or his passive you’re making a pretty big stretch to try and justify his abilities as eidolon themed.

Khoras not spider themed. I think she was supposed to be Liquid Metal until she had to get reworked mid development. Now we don’t really have a definitive theme for her. As DE never really provided one. Her Wiki bio says she’s arachnid themed, but that’s the wiki saying things without DE’s word to back it up. So yeah.

literally all you’re saying is that his abilities function as if they’re vampire abilities but they have an Eidolon aesthetic to them. So remove the visuals and they’re just vampire abilities.

Thats not a very good argument.

Hey Mr. Ghosts are Vampires himself.

this is what you do. You make the most Herculean leaps of logic and then proceed like they somehow make sense.

Revenant was just a Warframe who watched over the Plains of Eidolon, got too comfortable around the Eidolons, and got snatched because of it. Literally a dude who got too chill at the job, disregarded the safety protocol, and got his body pulled into the hot dog maker.

Has literally nothing to do with the origins of Dracula.

Animated GIF

This just feels like such a ridiculous nitpick-level argument. I like the idea of Revenant just summoning his own Vomvalysts, as then he'd no longer rely on the weird enemy mechanic he currently does. That's a good suggestion and something I can get behind, especially if it meant DE would also make his Passive not utter garbage like you've also stated previously. The rest of this is just utter schlock though man, seriously. 

Are we going to complain about Wisp now too, since she has like one actual ability related to the wisp mythology? How about Loki, who literally only has maybe two things you can stretch to fit the Norse lore if you squint really hard? What about Atlas? I don't see him picking up much of the earth and moving it around, or being much of a leader for other Titans, or being punished for millennia just to hold up the sky.

Revenant has both a vampire and Eidolon theme. The functions of the abilities are more akin to vampires and the aesthetics are more akin to Eidolons (as well as his appearance in general). This is because he was a corrupted Warframe who had his chemistry screwed with, so his kit is a weird mish-mash of both.

3 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

The level cap one-hit kill is due to the fact that Reave does not cause a specific amount of damage, but a percentage of the Thrall's HP. With about 250% Power Strength, you reach 100% and that means one-hit kill. The mechanic is very simple : activate Mesmer Skin, use Enthrall on a stunned Mob (no energy cost) and when the Thralls number reach 7 (cap) use Reave on them : one-hit kill no matter their level while you're ignoring all damage with Mesmer Skin.

Thank you for the info, guess I'll eat my words now xD

On 2022-09-30 at 6:28 AM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Khora's 4 is literally a metal web. Enemies that get too close become trapped in the strands (like an irl web) and are stuck until khora comes and kills them (making her the spider).

I'm not going to go in depth on this, but I specifically remember someone saying how khora prime's design fits a spider (no joke they did a full visual analysis) like her head being the spider abdomen and spider-like details on her body that are like appendages.

As you said, Revenant has a vampire theme, but I don't recall vampires making big immortality shields (typically they are immortal against everything minus stakes no?), so obviously that part of Mesmer skin is eidolon themed. 

I don't recall most eidolons mind controlling, but vampires typically don't put eidolon parts on mess with their enemies' brainwaves to mind control people. Must be a mix of both themes. 

Reave is a dash. Yes it might have originally been mist, but now it's a vomvalyst dash with lifesteal, something that benefits both.

Yeah again, somehow who isn’t DE making claims about what a frames theme is does not give that frame a theme. I can see where 1 gets spider theme from in her visual design, but without actual official confirmation you can’t say that 100% for sure she is spider themed.

It’s…it’s like you just ignored everything I just said. How tf am I supposed to argue against someone’s who argument style is just repeat the same exact thing again and again regardless of whatever information is provided that counters such claims? Like how tf do you think repeating the same thing and ignoring what’s being told to you. Like do you want me to just ignore your input on this? Because you’re not providing anything of actual substance at this point.

On 2022-09-30 at 7:21 AM, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Yes, she is. Khora's  concept desing is in fact a spider warframe. That's why her prime version has spider web patters, her helmet has the shape of a spiders' abdomen. Khora's regular version has a body in a shape of a spider (abdomen and cephalothorax). And much more. Even the Wiki contains that information.

We never got the actual theme for her concept.

the wiki is fan made. Which leads to unofficial interpretations.

On 2022-09-30 at 9:32 AM, SneakyErvin said:

It isnt a leap. You should probably read up on his story again. He was the "warden" of the plains, much like how Vlad was the protector of Wallachia. Rev also freely sacrificed himself, he wasnt snatched. And no one claims they are the same, just that similarities can be drawn. Much like you can draw similarities to several other things throughout the game. And another similarity is the part where both eventually became a scourge to the people they once tried to protect and save.

I also think the "Mr. Ghost" thing is a product in your own head due to flawed reading comprehension of very simple english. IIRC, what I said way back was "Vampires are revenants, just like ghosts, zombies, wights and the draugr, but not all revenants are vampires", and that several revenant creatures share traits with others, like feeding on life force in some way. Vampires drink blood, poltergeists or ghosts simply feed on your life through their presence and the draugr either eats you zombie style or gains power from your dwindling sanity.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out what vampire lore you use as your template for what a proper vampire kit would be. Since we have enthrallment, mesmerization, mistform and life leech in Revs kit. And, when has a frame been bound to a rule that only one theme is allowed to be present? #1 Vamp, #2 Vamp, #3 Vamp, #4 Eido, Passive Eido, with a few splashes of eidolon themes in the others aswell, mostly aestethic. You must utterly hate Oberon since he's a radioactive paladruishamgoatcowman.

It’s 100% a leap. You even contradicted yourself in your first paragraph there. You say Vlad Dracul was captured willingly while Revenant was unwillingly captured by the Eidolons by being foolish. Yet somehow those are the same thing? They’re not.

And even now you’re trying to argue that because there’s some narrative themes similar between Dracula and Revenant that somehow justifies putting a vampire theme on Revenant despite the reality of it being He’s being corrupted by Eidolons. Like WTF are you smoking? You’re literally saying intangible themes are what changed Revenant and not him being slowly taken over by Eidolons.

You’re literally arguing that anything undead is automatically anything else that is undead because they are both undead. Which is something that makes zero sense. As different undead creature have their different attributes, and having some overlap does not automatically make them the same exact creatures. Literally through your logic DE can give Rhino an ability that gives him a 20ft neck because Giraffes and Rhinos are both mammals and the frames name comes from Rhinos. Excalibur can have an ability where he pulls out pepper spray because Excalibur is sword themed and Swords and pepper spray are both self defense weapons. Hydroid can have an ability that’s carbonates enemies because he’s water themed and water and soda are both liquids. You’re trying to generalize Revenants theme to the point where literally anything can be applied to him. Well I can do the same. He walks on 2 legs, so he has a bi-pedal theme. So he can have the abilities of anything that walks on 2 legs. He’s over 5’ 9” so he has a tall theme. He can have the abilities of anything that’s tall. Including giraffes. That’s right through your logic of generalize I can now argue that Revenant is Giraffe themed. His arms on fire. Well do you know what’s associated with fire? Campfires. You know what campfires have? S’mores. Revenant has a s’mores theme because his arms on fire.

I’m not saying a Warframe can’t have 2 frames. My argument from the start has been that Revenant having a vampire theme makes zero sense as there is no evidence to support it anywhere in the game. So he should not have a vampire theme.

On 2022-09-30 at 12:04 PM, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Animated GIF

This just feels like such a ridiculous nitpick-level argument. I like the idea of Revenant just summoning his own Vomvalysts, as then he'd no longer rely on the weird enemy mechanic he currently does. That's a good suggestion and something I can get behind, especially if it meant DE would also make his Passive not utter garbage like you've also stated previously. The rest of this is just utter schlock though man, seriously. 

Are we going to complain about Wisp now too, since she has like one actual ability related to the wisp mythology? How about Loki, who literally only has maybe two things you can stretch to fit the Norse lore if you squint really hard? What about Atlas? I don't see him picking up much of the earth and moving it around, or being much of a leader for other Titans, or being punished for millennia just to hold up the sky.

Revenant has both a vampire and Eidolon theme. The functions of the abilities are more akin to vampires and the aesthetics are more akin to Eidolons (as well as his appearance in general). This is because he was a corrupted Warframe who had his chemistry screwed with, so his kit is a weird mish-mash of both.

I think keeping a theme intact is really important personally..

One of my favorite plays is A Midsummer Night's Dream, Oberon and Titania are in it but they kept it really authentic though with the Warframe interpretation. Oberon loved to irradiate forests and spread radiation everywhere because he was a Fairy, the protectors of forests and radiation helps keep things fresh. Titania just wanted to spread lead and slice things up with her army of murderous flies! She was a Fairy too but she was a bad lady. That's why they were quarreling.

On 2022-09-30 at 1:04 PM, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Animated GIF

Wisps whole thing is like interdimensional ports or something. IDK it’s pretty vague on her. But even then at least she’s consistent. You’re also trying to do directly correlate Wisps name to her theme. Which is something you shouldn’t do with any frame as a lot of times their names are with tied solely to some physical trait (Garuda) or are slightly disconnected from the theme (Mesa). 

The issue with Revenant is that his visuals are Eidolon themed, his backstory involves Eidolons NOT VAMPIRES, and we have zero evidence to show that Revenant pre-corruption was vampire themed.

So we have this Eidolon frame that somehow has vampire powers out of literally nowhere. There is zero justification for them to be on Revenant.

il y a 39 minutes, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

We never got the actual theme for her concept.

the wiki is fan made. Which leads to unofficial interpretations.

Her theme is obvious : with spider web decorations, spider shape, spider abilities, she is surely not a Pink Flamingo frame... her own concept design started with the spider frame (just as Ivara started as a poisonous frame). As many other rames, Khora has many inspirations, and a spider is surely one of them.

And her spider inspiration was explicitly revealed at Devstream 100 : it's about 13:05. you can check it here :

I mentionned the Wiki, because they are usually the last ones to get the information. Just check what they say about Archon Boreal and his inspiration from the greek divinity Boreas, while they say nothing about Amar (inspired by the wolf god Amaruq from the Inuit mythology) and Archon Nira (inspired by the snake mesopotamian god Nirah).

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Yeah, that's a Seeking Shuriken video. The Amprex is just there.

The person I was responding to wanted video footage of a Revenant and their Mesmer Skin making it to level cap on Steel Path, and since I don't have recording footage, I provided a weapon build guide that was using Revenant reaching the level cap. The weapon build itself was irrelevant.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s…it’s like you just ignored everything I just said. 

"Mesmer skin is a vampire ability and not an eidolon ability because it makes enemies sleep" 

{"Since when do vampires use shields? Eidolons do that, not vampires."}

"Reave is a vampire attack because it drains HP and shields" 

{"Yeah it does that, but it's also visually a vomvalyst dash along with a vampire drain. Therefore Revenant uses both themes." }

Wdym I'm missing your statements? It's obvious revenant's abilities are not exclusively vampire themed as much as you claim they are not eidolon themed.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Wisps whole thing is like interdimensional ports or something. IDK it’s pretty vague on her. But even then at least she’s consistent. You’re also trying to do directly correlate Wisps name to her theme. Which is something you shouldn’t do with any frame as a lot of times their names are with tied solely to some physical trait (Garuda) or are slightly disconnected from the theme (Mesa). 

The issue with Revenant is that his visuals are Eidolon themed, his backstory involves Eidolons NOT VAMPIRES, and we have zero evidence to show that Revenant pre-corruption was vampire themed.

So we have this Eidolon frame that somehow has vampire powers out of literally nowhere. There is zero justification for them to be on Revenant.

Are ... are you serious? The only thing consistent about Wisp is her inconsistency, her kit is literally all over the place since she's supposedly a summoner/ghost Warframe. Outside of the disappearing act from her 2 and Passive very little of her kit directly relates to the will-o-wisp mythos, maybe her 1 if you stretch the concept a bit. Yet even so, she has more wisp-like attributes in her kit by sheer technicality, so she's called Wisp. Nothing in her kit outside of her 4 deals with portals or summoning really, unless you want to stretch "summoning the power of the sun" and "summoning boons" as actual summoning via the loosest definition of evoking. Which if that's the case, how is that any different from Revenant?

Excal -Short for Excalibur, a mythological sword, for the sword-themed Warframe.
Volt - An electrical term, a reference to Volt being an Electric-themed Warframe.

Ivara - A reference to Ivar the Huntress, a "tree warrior" in Norse mythology, for the archer-themed Warframe.
Mesa - A reference to the common land formations in the western united states, as it's a common backdrop in cowboy movies, for the cowbow-themed Warframe.

Outside of a few exceptions like Garuda and Hydroid, yes you can pretty easily apply the name to the Warframe and their theme. The exception does not magically invalidate the general rule of thumb. 

Revenant's name refers to a corpse being brought back to life. Which is what his design is telling us, as we see with his base design making him out to be very decayed (with the holes in his body) and the energy leaking from his body. This is obviously a reference to vampires, and a reference to Eidolons, since they're basically just zombie Sentients trying to form back together into a singular whole. Eidolons are also known as a Greek spirit that take control of people and monsters, similar to vampires who take over people and turn them into thralls. 

The connection IS there, it's a little loose, and the main theme really tying them together is more them being undead than anything, but it's there. Even if you want to say it isn't for whatever reason, we barely know anything about Revenant regardless, or his lore from before he got eaten by the Eidolon. So what happens when DE just gives us a Leverian for him that reveals his base abilities were vampiric? How can you even definitively say they weren't when we have NO IDEA what he was before at all? Is this going to be another Nidus situation where we are given literally no information at all and everyone's just going to assume things based on hearsay?

17 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I think keeping a theme intact is really important personally..

One of my favorite plays is A Midsummer Night's Dream, Oberon and Titania are in it but they kept it really authentic though with the Warframe interpretation. Oberon loved to irradiate forests and spread radiation everywhere because he was a Fairy, the protectors of forests and radiation helps keep things fresh. Titania just wanted to spread lead and slice things up with her army of murderous flies! She was a Fairy too but she was a bad lady. That's why they were quarreling.

Well that's already not a fair comparison when you're comparing actual established characters to a general idea or concept. It's obviously a lot easier to keep a theme relatively intact when you have very concrete things to draw from. That's why Wisp and Revenant are more loose with their theme adherence than Wukong or Nezha, just due to the sheer volume of material to pull from.

Keeping a theme intact doesn't mean it has to be pinpoint accurate, it just means you should be seeing that theme enough to warrant classifying it as such. 

18 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s 100% a leap. You even contradicted yourself in your first paragraph there. You say Vlad Dracul was captured willingly while Revenant was unwillingly captured by the Eidolons by being foolish. Yet somehow those are the same thing? They’re not.

And even now you’re trying to argue that because there’s some narrative themes similar between Dracula and Revenant that somehow justifies putting a vampire theme on Revenant despite the reality of it being He’s being corrupted by Eidolons. Like WTF are you smoking? You’re literally saying intangible themes are what changed Revenant and not him being slowly taken over by Eidolons.

You’re literally arguing that anything undead is automatically anything else that is undead because they are both undead. Which is something that makes zero sense. As different undead creature have their different attributes, and having some overlap does not automatically make them the same exact creatures. Literally through your logic DE can give Rhino an ability that gives him a 20ft neck because Giraffes and Rhinos are both mammals and the frames name comes from Rhinos. Excalibur can have an ability where he pulls out pepper spray because Excalibur is sword themed and Swords and pepper spray are both self defense weapons. Hydroid can have an ability that’s carbonates enemies because he’s water themed and water and soda are both liquids. You’re trying to generalize Revenants theme to the point where literally anything can be applied to him. Well I can do the same. He walks on 2 legs, so he has a bi-pedal theme. So he can have the abilities of anything that walks on 2 legs. He’s over 5’ 9” so he has a tall theme. He can have the abilities of anything that’s tall. Including giraffes. That’s right through your logic of generalize I can now argue that Revenant is Giraffe themed. His arms on fire. Well do you know what’s associated with fire? Campfires. You know what campfires have? S’mores. Revenant has a s’mores theme because his arms on fire.

I’m not saying a Warframe can’t have 2 frames. My argument from the start has been that Revenant having a vampire theme makes zero sense as there is no evidence to support it anywhere in the game. So he should not have a vampire theme.

Uhm no, no one has said Vlad got captured willingly. Do you even read books? Do you have any grasp at all about who Vlad is? Vlad "sacrificed" himself by making a pact with Satan, or so it is claimed, in order to be given immortality so he could fight off the turks and keep his homeland safe. Rev throws himself into the lake to so he is no longer an anchor for the eidolons to use to enter the plains. You also keep saying "the same", when what is said is "similar to", similar and same are not synonymous.

No, not the narritive alone, but what actually happens to them both, which is feeding on and getting your lifeforce fed upon by an entity. Just as with vampires the combination is what resulted in the Revenant we obtain. That is old school vampire lore, they feed on you and you get weaker and when you feed on them you turn into one.

And where is the lack of evidence for Rev being themed after vampires. Like I said, skills 1, 2 and 3 are all directly tied to vampiric lore.

1. Enthrall. It's one of the main things that a vampire does in order to gain loyal subjects.

2. Mesmer Skin. Mesmerization is another main part of vampire lore. Simply by looking at them. It has taken the shape as anywhere from alluring eyes, to the new teeny-crap sparkle skin, including hiding their true form with an illusion of how they are percieved.

3. Reave. Both incorporates the traditional mist form aswell as the leeching tied to it. Pre- Bat+Fang era.

56 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Uhm no, no one has said Vlad got captured willingly. Do you even read books? Do you have any grasp at all about who Vlad is? Vlad "sacrificed" himself by making a pact with Satan, or so it is claimed, in order to be given immortality so he could fight off the turks and keep his homeland safe. Rev throws himself into the lake to so he is no longer an anchor for the eidolons to use to enter the plains. You also keep saying "the same", when what is said is "similar to", similar and same are not synonymous.

No, not the narritive alone, but what actually happens to them both, which is feeding on and getting your lifeforce fed upon by an entity. Just as with vampires the combination is what resulted in the Revenant we obtain. That is old school vampire lore, they feed on you and you get weaker and when you feed on them you turn into one.

And where is the lack of evidence for Rev being themed after vampires. Like I said, skills 1, 2 and 3 are all directly tied to vampiric lore.

1. Enthrall. It's one of the main things that a vampire does in order to gain loyal subjects.

2. Mesmer Skin. Mesmerization is another main part of vampire lore. Simply by looking at them. It has taken the shape as anywhere from alluring eyes, to the new teeny-crap sparkle skin, including hiding their true form with an illusion of how they are percieved.

3. Reave. Both incorporates the traditional mist form aswell as the leeching tied to it. Pre- Bat+Fang era.

And Revenant didn’t sacrifice himself to the Eidolons. He slipped up and ended up captured by them. He didn’t willingly attempt to become an Eidolon frame.

You’re forgetting the part where giant undead robots that fire lasers are not vampires. And therefor should not be imbuing whatever they’re turning to their side with vampire powers.

You’re literally proving my point that his first 3 abilities are more vampire themed than Eidolon themed. Which shouldn’t be the case on a frame with no connections to vampires.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

"Mesmer skin is a vampire ability and not an eidolon ability because it makes enemies sleep" 

{"Since when do vampires use shields? Eidolons do that, not vampires."}

"Reave is a vampire attack because it drains HP and shields" 

{"Yeah it does that, but it's also visually a vomvalyst dash along with a vampire drain. Therefore Revenant uses both themes." }

Wdym I'm missing your statements? It's obvious revenant's abilities are not exclusively vampire themed as much as you claim they are not eidolon themed.

You’re wrong

20 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah again, somehow who isn’t DE making claims about what a frames theme is does not give that frame a theme

Oh my god Gears get a #*!%ing clue; Rebecca herself said that Rev was Eidolon-Vampire themed, stop denying it dammit

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Are ... are you serious? The only thing consistent about Wisp is her inconsistency, her kit is literally all over the place since she's supposedly a summoner/ghost Warframe. Outside of the disappearing act from her 2 and Passive very little of her kit directly relates to the will-o-wisp mythos, maybe her 1 if you stretch the concept a bit. Yet even so, she has more wisp-like attributes in her kit by sheer technicality, so she's called Wisp. Nothing in her kit outside of her 4 deals with portals or summoning really, unless you want to stretch "summoning the power of the sun" and "summoning boons" as actual summoning via the loosest definition of evoking. Which if that's the case, how is that any different from Revenant?

Excal -Short for Excalibur, a mythological sword, for the sword-themed Warframe.
Volt - An electrical term, a reference to Volt being an Electric-themed Warframe.

Ivara - A reference to Ivar the Huntress, a "tree warrior" in Norse mythology, for the archer-themed Warframe.
Mesa - A reference to the common land formations in the western united states, as it's a common backdrop in cowboy movies, for the cowbow-themed Warframe.

Outside of a few exceptions like Garuda and Hydroid, yes you can pretty easily apply the name to the Warframe and their theme. The exception does not magically invalidate the general rule of thumb. 

Revenant's name refers to a corpse being brought back to life. Which is what his design is telling us, as we see with his base design making him out to be very decayed (with the holes in his body) and the energy leaking from his body. This is obviously a reference to vampires, and a reference to Eidolons, since they're basically just zombie Sentients trying to form back together into a singular whole. Eidolons are also known as a Greek spirit that take control of people and monsters, similar to vampires who take over people and turn them into thralls. 

The connection IS there, it's a little loose, and the main theme really tying them together is more them being undead than anything, but it's there. Even if you want to say it isn't for whatever reason, we barely know anything about Revenant regardless, or his lore from before he got eaten by the Eidolon. So what happens when DE just gives us a Leverian for him that reveals his base abilities were vampiric? How can you even definitively say they weren't when we have NO IDEA what he was before at all? Is this going to be another Nidus situation where we are given literally no information at all and everyone's just going to assume things based on hearsay?

I’m not saying the names aren’t relevant to their theme. Just a few parts disconnected from their theme.

There you go automatically connecting undead to vampires. That’s Ervin’s mistake. Just because something is undead does not automatically make it a vampire. Like are you seriously going to sit there at tell me that the Eidolon Sentients are vampires simply because they are undead? Are you going to tell me Eidolon Lotus is a vampire?

The connection is not there. You’re using Revenant being undead as an excuse to immediately jump to him being a vampire. Which nothing in his lore being even remotely connected to vampires. It’s like me saying Inaros is a vampire because he’s undead. Despite the fact that his theme is clearly mummy.

Whatever DE does with what Revenant was before being corrupted is a lose lose for them. Because if Warden had vampire powers that means him being turned into an Eidolon had zero effect on him and calls into question why DE even bothered tying those abilities to that frame. And if he doesn’t that means he got vampire powers from things that are not connected to vampires. Which makes zero sense.

Archived