Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seasonal Sortie: Seasonal Storylines Expansion

AMurderForCrow

This is less of a concept and more of a suggestion. Im suggesting seasonal sorties. This is a way to continue the world of Warframe moving and evolving as time goes on and to keep something continuously going during the almost bi yearly major updates and questlines.

How they would function is similar to the Nightwave system already in place, but instead of completing challenges you just need to complete your daily sorties for pieces of information that unlock the story over time. Completing the daily sorties goes towards a continuous story through out each season. And goes toward Season progress that unlocks items and other materials similar to nightwave.The content should be continuous it only has to do with the current season but is nonetheless canon for the storyline of Warframe. Warframe has a slough of characters and an entire worldspace that general remain idle between updates. It would be nice to feel like the universe isn't just standing still in the interim between questlines and missions. This allows the world to be actually built rather than being speculated upon. Warframes themselves can benefit from this addition as well. Diving deeper into backstories or adding a revising current stories. The information doesn't have to be cinematic. Comic strips, posters, and Data packs should suffice, to go along with whatever rewards could be gained from progressing through each segment of the story. The Season should last multiple months giving players ample time to unlock each segment without have to complete each sortie each day.

As Nightwave normally has to do with a specific enemy and what they are doing in the solar system, Seasonal Sortie could have a directed storyline set as well. perhaps based completely on warframes and their specific storylines or enemies creating a possible "Nemesis"/ "Archnemesis" system so to speak. So when players use warframes versus certain enemies or boss characters  they receive some sort of benefit similar to arbitrations. But instead its constant. Playing certain warframes after defeating their nemesis allows their nemesis to interfere with missions in some way or another or something similar to that effect. Much like Stalker, or Sisters of Parvos and Lichs. But with a more at home feel for each warframe in particular and warframes can share nemesis as some enemies have a tendency to get around like that. 

My point being that by adding Seasonal Storylines to the game that continue the world by incorporating the daily sortie would be beneficial. By filling in the space between major cinematic updates and game changes with comics, posters, information and trinkets there will be more to talk about as Warframe moves forward. Adding interest by focusing on specific characters and Warframes will not only remind the community but the developers themselves to keep certain characters and warframes relevant before they are completely eclipsed. 

Anyways that is my current thoughts and suggestion let me know what you think in the comments below. See you next time.

4 hours ago, BatVenomPL said:

They really could just do the exact same thing but with Nightwave. But they stopped doing stories even for that, because it ate up too much of their resources, which meant bigger updates were a lot more difficult to make

We will need to see if larger updates become more frequent, and by that i mean larger story content, Weapon and warframe Revamps/ re works, and large mechanical changes. As it stands there is plenty of content that could be touched up on. By that i mean warframes and weapons. So story based content that is available in the meantime that lasts longer then a few minutes, is one of the reasons for this suggestions. As they shift their focus towards larger updates, this idea should keep players engaged in the game. Other than getting in the habit of doing the new repeating and or standing based farm till you fall content.

I appreciate you sharing your opinion today.

5 hours ago, CallJamal said:

So story based content that is available in the meantime that lasts longer then a few minutes, is one of the reasons for this suggestions. As they shift their focus towards larger updates, this idea should keep players engaged in the game.

That's exactly what was the thought behind the story-driven Nightwave seasons

10 hours ago, BatVenomPL said:

That's exactly what was the thought behind the story-driven Nightwave seasons

Nightwave is good, its the challenges that aren't that great. It would be nice for nightwave to continue having story driven quests as they are alot more engaging then the short cinematic quests. It would be nice to see more meaningful updates regularly rather than waiting until a major cinematic release, that way each one receives its own time in the spotlight. The same idea extends towards sortie related stories, point being that they expand the story with a different focus. The main focus being the tenno, their warframes, and their goals in the solar system and or story related content for warframes that extend past their collection quests. Releasing featured skins, materials, and adding new ways to acquire weapons. There are a myriad of options here, while nightwave mainly focuses on operators, sorties can focus on Warframes. They recently added Archon hunt. I'm not sure what the plans are for that, but I wasn't really expecting to ever be actually playing as a customizable grineer clone. I won't say anything about that for now, because I have no idea what direction that is going in.

Archived