Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's up with the grind creep on weapon crafting?

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Normal weapons with very few exceptions were a main BP and then resources to craft.  A tiny handful required that you farmed parts for the weapon, like the Miter, or the Brakk.  Primes also required this.  It was understandable with primes and the number of weapons that required parts instead of resources was low.

Then we started getting more weapons where parts had to be farmed instead of just resources.  Things like the Stahlta and Stropha.  Now we're getting weapons where you have to farm all the parts as rare drops from C rotations, so you have a small chance at a drop after spending a bunch of time getting a whole bunch of stuff you don't need, which ends up being a massive waste of time.  And to top it off, the newest offenses, the Hespar and Aeolak parts are...  blueprints themselves.  So we have grind creep where you have this tedious slog just to get the parts, then have to grind the new resources to build the parts, then build the parts, then have to build the weapon with the parts.  They aren't warframes and no one likes how long that takes anyway.  That's one of the #1 new player complaints I see, is how long frames take to build after you've done all the farming, and you've stuck that on weapons now.  This level of grind is straight trash.  And they honestly don't even look worth it.  

I'm not going through all that for MR fodder.  Especially when the only extra reward for legendary ranks is a legendary core that I don't need.  I'm not buying them either, from the market or from players.  I honestly hope no one engages with this grind to show DE that it's gone too far.  

But wait, there could be more! Imagine a world where you grind for rare weapon blueprints and part blueprints, on top of that you need mining ressources for which you have to aqcuire the bp from a syndicate. The bp should of course be avalaible only at rank 5 and is a single use.

Patience! Grinding! Resignation! The pinnacle of the craftsman's art!

Archived