Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Pets Can See Me, The Player

GuardianBluWolf

oMZGXDD.jpgDunno how many people watch their pet for more than 5 seconds at a time, but if you watch them for long enough (I'm talking like 1-3 minutes just staring at em), they can be......unsettling. And no, I'm not talking about the fact that they now have an emote for licking their own starfish. I'm talking some creepypasta shiz here. I was watching my panzer, Kurama, just lay there and being adorable (have you EVER listened to the subtle sounds they make like a real pet when they're resting? Like the brief snort out their nose?). He gets back up after a moment and turns his head to look at my Warframe for a bit. I've seen this many times in many other games, the npc's keep their head turned toward you when within a certain radius, perfectly normal. 

Right up until they snap their f&*^ing neck 360 degrees like the damn excorcist movie at 5x speed to look DIRECTLY at YOU, the camera, the player. THAT actually startled the hell outta me. Then after like 1.5-2 seconds it snaps back to looking at the warframe as if nothing happened, almost like it's meant to make you question if it really happened or not. I've watched my Smeeta do this too before. Combined with the one grineer in a stealth MR test (16 I think?) who calmly walked over to my hiding spot, slowly leaned and peeked their head around the pillar to look at my camera for like 5 solid seconds before slowly leaning back and walking back over to his post, I'm convinced that this is done on purpose. They've already shown with the more obvious stuff like The Wall Man copy of yourself randomly popping up and talking to you with it's Imma-Skin-You-In-Your-Sleep cheshire grin, and the harrow quest where you get to frequently hear someone whispering in one ear, then the other, then seemingly behind you, that they enjoy making creepy stuff. I'm usually pretty desensitized, but when you put this sorta shiz in situations where I'm expecting normal, non-horror themed gameplay (or non-gameplay like on my Orbiter with my cute pets), I'll admit, ya got me a couple times DE. I'm wondering now what other creepy nonsense they've put in to creep people out.

I'd show a picture, but this forum apparently can't manage a user friendly Insert-Image-Into-Post feature.

EDIT: Figured out how to get Imgur to allow me to make a "Direct Link" so here's a pic of Kurama being a creep.

1 hour ago, Hayrack said:

Mildly interested. How long I have to stay in one place for this stuff to happen?

creepycat-scary.gif

It can be somewhat random. I've had it happen after a few minutes or sometimes as fast as within one minute. The best view I'd suggest is one where, when they're looking at your Frame, you're getting a profile view of the pet from the side, so that when it snaps its neck to look at the camera, there's no doubt which of you it's looking at.

Long Ago, before the Second Dream quest and Spoilers were released, I thought the game was a *weird meta* 4th wall breaking game, with Ordis talking directly to *me the player* complimenting my color palettes or something, and the one quest with the Womb in the Sky and Space Mom, Stuff about the Void and thought the void was like, in the *wall* of the 4th wall or something 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Long Ago, before the Second Dream quest and Spoilers were released, I thought the game was a *weird meta* 4th wall breaking game, with Ordis talking directly to *me the player* complimenting my color palettes or something, and the one quest with the Womb in the Sky and Space Mom, Stuff about the Void and thought the void was like, in the *wall* of the 4th wall or something 

Interestingly enough, I've been wondering about that. I've been thinking, "What if WE are the Man In The Wall?" Like...why is the entity called The Man In The Wall? Could they be referring to the fourth wall? 

When you insert us as players into the game as the demon inside or the M.I.T.W. , it does sorta make some weird bit of sense.

reminds me of phase 2 Shara Ishvalda's fight from MHW: Iceborne: the monster does the same thing, looking at YOU the entire fight, even as the player's character attacks it. freaked me out when I realised, and that takes some doing after seeing the internet in it's darkest forms for as long as I have...

his battle music is an absolute BANGER though:

Archived