Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

10 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

did a zariman bounty (void flood) 3 pc players, 1 xbox player, 

went smooth until thrax decided to go permanent invulnerable.

whe had to abort and redo bounty.

other than that no issues so far

Just some additional info: I've seen this "Thrall becoming invulnerable" bug way before crossplay tests were a thing, doing Void Cascade. It's probably not crossplay related.

On 2022-10-10 at 1:18 PM, LillyRaccune said:

I suggest you make a separate bug report for sound bugs. It's easier for the Devs to see your reports if they're all separated. Anyway, you can also try the suggestions made by @[DE]George:

• Please give this a try:
  • 1. On the Warframe launcher, click the little gear icon on the top right.  In the Download Cache section hit "Verify" and "Optimize".
  • 2. If that doesn't work then please try re-installing the game.
  • Let us know if any of these solutions work.

The original post is here:

ive tried verify+optimize as well as reinstalling with no luck on either the sound or the freezing. Ive also noticed that when i freeze my GPU stops all activity, putting all the read/write requests on my hard drive. This hasnt happened with my other games, and didnt start until crossplay was enabled.

Ive tried pulling down graphics options as well, but there were no changes

Specs:

Windows 10 64bit

16GB ram

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 3.6GHz

NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060

My biggest complaint with Cross play so far is when joining an Xbox tenno who is hosting spawns are abysmal. This is highlighted best when doing fissure missions like Disruption and Survival, we have to be very careful about letting all the spawns become corrupted before killing in order to ensure the relic gets popped. If there is either a way to guarantee reactant drops by just forcing all corrupted fissure enemies drop reactant or just increasing spawns that would make cross play not a pain for us PC tenno who are use to these increased spawn rates. 

So finally pulled out my XBox One X, updated it and Warframe, and ran a test. I have a PC and an XBox account. Both have the same email address and player name (XBox is all caps version).

I was able to login both at the same time, go to Strata Relay, send an invite to form a squad, and accept said invite. Eventually the PC got booted out of the game; but I will chalk it up to the fact the relay was busy and both were on the same Wi-Fi.

The only thing I could not do is look at each other's profiles. I kept getting a server error of some sort.

Now for the problems this will cause. For one, I can see people exploit this by AFK leveling one or the other account. I even thought about it; but I am not stupid just slow. Second, I hope for the sake of the first issue that accounts like these (as my brother-in-law is in the same boat) are somehow consolidated for cross save. I have a lot of stuff on my XBox account I would love to keep. If it came down to it, PC will win if I have to chose. I do not think it fair (as I am sure there are many out there) who would lose a lot.

Overall, this all excites me.

38 minutes ago, Delasoul76 said:

Now for the problems this will cause. For one, I can see people exploit this by AFK leveling one or the other account.

be less effort to go public, afk and let someone else level you so don't really see this as an issue. besides - that exists today if someone has two xboxes eg or two pc with two accounts.

39 minutes ago, Delasoul76 said:

I have a lot of stuff on my XBox account I would love to keep. If it came down to it, PC will win if I have to chose. I do not think it fair (as I am sure there are many out there) who would lose a lot.

if they ever allow cross-save there are a lot of hurdles to implement.  Presumably the easiest would be if you have 1 email linked to two differnt platforms currently, you'd have to pick one and it would overwrite the other - no "merging" allowed.

Username conflicts I have no idea - my username on pc is Tucker D Dawg as well and I have no issue overwriting that, haven't used it in years.  but assume two DIFFERENT players have the same name but on different platforms... So "PlayerName" exists on console and pc and PSN and all three are actually different people that happened to use the same name....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

be less effort to go public, afk and let someone else level you so don't really see this as an issue. besides - that exists today if someone has two xboxes eg or two pc with two accounts.

if they ever allow cross-save there are a lot of hurdles to implement.  Presumably the easiest would be if you have 1 email linked to two differnt platforms currently, you'd have to pick one and it would overwrite the other - no "merging" allowed.

Username conflicts I have no idea - my username on pc is Tucker D Dawg as well and I have no issue overwriting that, haven't used it in years.  but assume two DIFFERENT players have the same name but on different platforms... So "PlayerName" exists on console and pc and PSN and all three are actually different people that happened to use the same name....

Cross Save is coming, hopefully there will be account merging for those that started on one platform and then jumped ship to PC or Console but I can understand why DE wouldn't want to do that out of just how daunting of a process that must be to undertake. Would be awesome if they do account merging though. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

Like I said, PC would win as it is a Legendary 2 account. My biggest concern is that I have a substantial amount of platinum on my XBox account that's been sitting there for two years. One would hope DE would take items like that into consideration. Selective transferring should be easier than blanket merging. If at the very least they moved my platinum from XBox account to PC account right now, I wouldn't care if the XBox account got overwritten later.

26 minutes ago, Delasoul76 said:

Like I said, PC would win as it is a Legendary 2 account. My biggest concern is that I have a substantial amount of platinum on my XBox account that's been sitting there for two years. One would hope DE would take items like that into consideration. Selective transferring should be easier than blanket merging. If at the very least they moved my platinum from XBox account to PC account right now, I wouldn't care if the XBox account got overwritten later.

I'm in a similar situation. If Merging is allowed or planned for the future, I'll merge (even if it means waiting). But if the only options are to DELETE an entire account or have the extra account floating around, I'll let it float.

Deletion is unacceptable.
2TWD8ny.jpeg

I honestly don't know how they would do a merge (or even cross save).

• Different plat valuations
  • Platform specific items (cosmetic, decorations, etc)
  • Weapons - lets say one account had xyz prime, the other didn't, while the other account had abc and the first didn't  - transfer the weapon but unranked?
  • DIfferent MR between the two
  • Different liches
  • Profile stats (not that they matter -but they'd be all messed up - even more than they already are)
  • Clan membership

just to name a few issues.

All I know is I'm very happy about two things:

1) I don't have a significant investment in multiple platforms where losing the lesser would feel bad, and more importantly
2) I don't work at DE and I'm not tasked with finding a solution to the mess LOL

I'm definitely not saying it will be easy. They can take their time figuring it out. Honestly, I would be satisfied with just platinum being moved even if you have to do a ticket outside the game. There is, however, Nightwave items I would love to have on PC that I got on Xbox; but beyond that I can see why they would not allow certain things to not be transferable. But at the same time they have added the China only item to each platform so it could be done. Each platform has a market with supply and demand that is different. So prices would tank. I prefer a stable market. I believe the best option would be the ability to transfer only credits, kuva, endo, and platinum. Those 4 items would not affect market prices. And I am sure that is their biggest concern with a merger.

Not sure if its crossplay related - however this has only happened to me since crossplay was enabled, and was host, and had PC players join group.  And has only happened since the updated matchmaking servers that were recently announced as having been implemented.

ISSUE: Special Spawns not spawning.  By special spawns I mean lich larvaling and alcolytes.

It has not been every time however it was several missions today. 
Lich Larvaling: Running Normal Saturn Cassini back to back trying to get specific weapon. Set to public (mainly because I forgot to change it).  Everytime I was solo no problem- larva spawned.  But two different times  a PC player joined after the mission started and before I got the capture target.  In both cases, even though we were not speed rushing mission, the larvaling never spawned.  No screen flash, nothing.  took our time getting to cap target, and took time after capturing him killing everything on the way out.

Alcolytes: Ani.  I was host, two pc players joined about 1 minute in. 
first alcolyte spawned at ~4min PC player 1 left at 5 minutes.
Second Alcolyte spawned  ~7min mark.  PC player 2 Left at 10 min.
After PC player 2 left, no more alcolytes spawned.  I stayed until 35 minutes.  Was killing plenty of enemies (~1700 over the 35 minutes.).

In all scenarios above, I was host so never a host migration.

Edited by (XBOX)THE NTT

Since this last update/hotfix having trouble joining in open world tiles, puts me in all alone and if I click add player to invite says I am playing offline? Puts a huge damper on my faction leveling a newer player like myself. Have tried re-starting, changing to solo and back to public, etc. with no luck. Sometimes can join an open squad if done directly from the orbiter for free roam but that doesn't really help on bounties. 

It was awesome having so many Tenno's running around everywhere filling out squads at all hours, I want that back.

Help!

Xbox platform.

*maybe* it's not related to cross-play but incase it is here's my first and hopefully only bug report:
first ever bug i've noticed since cross-play started. Standard void cascade map with 2 xbox players, pc player myself and host of session in question. One of the guys left early probably literally seconds before we completed the 16th exolizer. My target was the Hespar handle blueprint and as soon as i saw the reward was exactly that i booked it for the elevator and left.
Hindsight is 20/20 and i should've checked mission end results and all that but now back in my orbiter i can see i have the pinion we got from killing the Angel but not the handle blueprint. 
this instance is unfortunate but i'm glad crossplay is being tested. lets me play with awesome players from across the digital pond ;) ty DE! 

Unsure if it's been reported, but has anyone else been experiencing weird "freezes" of the game ever since Crossplay was introduced on people connecting or disconnecting from games?

It sometimes happens that, when I'm not hosting, someone will connect after 2 or 3 players are in the mission. Someone starts to load in, game freezes for like 10 seconds, and then comes back as a Host Migration. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Like 1

Love the Cross play. Just wish Playstation could cross play too with other consoles too. I'm currently on PC because can not cross play PS with XBOX currently. There is a connection issue from time to time while on orbiter when the chat box gets full and occasionally get a few invulnerable enemies while on a mission solo. 

13 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Unsure if it's been reported, but has anyone else been experiencing weird "freezes" of the game ever since Crossplay was introduced on people connecting or disconnecting from games?

It sometimes happens that, when I'm not hosting, someone will connect after 2 or 3 players are in the mission. Someone starts to load in, game freezes for like 10 seconds, and then comes back as a Host Migration. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I was just talking about this exact issue in the thread below

Am 29.9.2022 um 20:11 schrieb Grav_Starstrider:

It'll be fun for friends who started playing on different platforms to be able to play together now though.

Since i dont have friends who would ever think of playing on consoles that doesnt affect me, the host migrations,slow loading (and slow playing in many cases COUGH) does however affect me therefore turning it off and keeping it off was the first thing to do after the update

8 hours ago, FSK41 said:

Since i dont have friends who would ever think of playing on consoles that doesnt affect me, the host migrations,slow loading (and slow playing in many cases COUGH) does however affect me therefore turning it off and keeping it off was the first thing to do after the update

Congrats! Be glad they left us the option to opt out, lol.

Having spent a sizeable chunk of my total playtime on PC raging at bugs and waiting for them to be fixed, what's been keeping me neutral on the quality of WF content has been "Buggy updates for years with no noticeable improvement in QA" vs. "DE has always been quick to fix them" - It's been a 50-50 scale, more or less. Reached acceptance a long time ago, aided by Copium.

With several months/years of cross platform tests coming our way, That scale is rapidly losing balance.

Console players will no longer receive half-fixed updates, moving forward they will be experiencing all updates in their full, broken PC misery.

As for PC players, fixes that require cert (some don't, but many do) they will no longer be included in those rapid hotfixes every other day for two weeks after a major update, instead you will be waiting every other week for months. God help us if a hotfix breaks something else and the hothotfix would require another cert.

DE, your QA game is weak. For example: If you fix the broken interaction of Mirage mirrors and Felarx Evo.3, you then test it without mirrors or on another frame to see if it gets any fire rate at all. If you designed the side objectives for Veilbreaking, you run through all iterations of them at least once.

DE, they are ONE HUNDRED PERCENT reproducible bugs! You encounter these bugs WITHOUT FAIL, on your first try, on your second try, on your 10th try. Are they easy bugs to miss? The Felarx fix disabled the perk and you didn't notice? What about the Kahl one? Your gun does no damage and you just assumed skill issue and moved on?

These two bugs are just examples and alone they would not trigger me, it's the thought of this "new" content update model I am now being subjected to that scares me. It's how DE staff posts and replies continue to dance around this subject:

Your releases have been buggy for years, and the only effective tool you have been using - PC testing and rapid hotfixes - is now crippled by the crossplay test. Console will start seeing worse updates because PC can't test them ahead of time, and PC no longer enjoys faster hotfixes for certain bugs because we are tied to console certs. That's enough to push someone like me away.

Not here to speak for anyone but myself and I'm not threatening to quit. When the threshold is crossed I will leave without a word.

Opting out won't even get the quick hotfixes back. It is so awful.

Rant over.

tl;dr The decision to keep crossplay test on knowing your QA is weak is frankly stupid. Conclude your crossplay test soon please and up your QA fast.

• Like 1