Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

can we PLEASE remove the platform specific icon already? I know i'm playing on windows, i don't need to see it, it genuinely is distracting and breaks a UI that's otherwise incredibly dedicated to maintaining a style to the point of getting confusing at times like with buff icons. Nobody needs or wants to be told what platform they're playing on THEY ALREADY KNOW it's just annoying!!!

• Like 15

I was able to join my BF from the PS5 completely fine (He's on PC.)

We did multiple missions including having a sibling of mine join on the PS4 (obviously had to wait a few moments for him to load in due to the PS4 taking a while to load into missions.)

One problem me and my BF found was that when capturing wildlife on Cetus, we both do not get the tokens from the animal. One of us will get it if we pick up the animal first but the other won't get it etc.

Other than that we hope to see trading implemented into crossplay soon as well as adding each other. (Also profile viewing is awesome but for some odd reason you can't see how much equipment someone has maxed.)

Looking forward to future updates!

Edited by (PSN)TheTrueProtector

14 minutes ago, (PSN)xBlackMamba50x said:

So I have a question. I used to play warframe on ps4 and it looks as if all my progress is still there. My question is will my progress transfer over if I buy an ps5?

It should as long as you’re using the same PSN account its how it worked on Xbox when I upgraded to the series X

Ever since today Been having problems with mesa's peacemaker as well as a few other things having a rather noticeable delay if not the host cross platform or not. all seem to be things that are not client side. was not having this problem yesterday so something must have changed. makes playing public on popular nodes totally unbearable unless I can secure the host. the game doesn't lag or anything and if I play a frame not reliant on such thing I don't have any issues. Really sucks not to be able to play some of my favorite frames right now though...

54 minutes ago, LittleLeonie said:

This is illogical. why would I want to know the platform I'M playing on and not the platform THE OTHERS are on?!

Just show me what platform specifically they are on or don't show cross platform information at all. I don't need to know I'm playing on PC and everyone else is on pc too, I know that. If I get the information someone is "on a different platform" I'd at least like to know which one if you can already so specifically tell me I'm on windows...

The issue with showing the specific platform of others is likely not really up to DE. Crossplay had been met with resistance, especially from Sony, and neither side really want platform specific icons in games.

• Like 1

On 2022-09-29 at 1:02 PM, [DE]Dudley said:

Hello Tenno,

With with the expansion of crossplay, when is DE going to stop handicapping console hosts? It has always been an issue that we get less spawns than PC players - I noticed from the first day years ago when I played on xbox vs pc.

And it is still obvious when a pc player hosts vs when a console player hosts.

This has several implications for example:

• less spawns=less loot/less drop chances
  • less spawns means abilities and/or weapons that spread to nearby enemies doesn't spread as well (like Voruna's 2, or slam attacks into mobs
  • anything that relies on killing lots of enemies in short periods of time (basically the entire game)

PC gets hordes in a horde shooter, we get casual get-togethers of enemies like they are abiding by covid congregation restrictions.

Edited by (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 6

I'm a Nintenno (Switch Tenno), and I've found that i can't check out cross platform profiles. I checked with my clan mates (all on switch) and had no issues looking at their profile. I'm unsure of other platforms are having that issue. Only other bump in the road is delayed loading for other squad members when on different platforms

As a PC player, I would love to able to see what platform others from consoles are playing from. I think the platform icon shouldn't be visible if a player is using the same platform, only if the player is playing on a different platform. E.g.: a PC user should be able to see Switch, Playstation or Xbox but not Windows icons. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Chantii said:

As a PC player, I would love to able to see what platform others from consoles are playing from. I think the platform icon shouldn't be visible if a player is using the same platform, only if the player is playing on a different platform. E.g.: a PC user should be able to see Switch, Playstation or Xbox but not Windows icons. 

thats how it was before but for some reason its back to this weird icon

4 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

thats how it was before but for some reason its back to this weird icon

im pretty sure thats due to sony being weird about showing whose on what platform so if they wanted to do cross platform  they had to comply. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

The issue with showing the specific platform of others is likely not really up to DE. Crossplay had been met with resistance, especially from Sony, and neither side really want platform specific icons in games.

Is this actually true?  I've not seen any evidence of it in other games over the past few years.  Games launch with cross play and the actual icons are there.  The only difference from those games and Warframe is there's often no Switch crossplay (either because the games aren't on Switch or the console is definitely lower specs than others and PC).

Personally for me i actually got to play with 3 amazing people that i been wanting to play with for over a year. 1 was my nephew who is on pc. The other is ninja nebula who is on pc and mala who is on pc and playstation. For me this was huge a big deal. And we experienced very little issues glitching and slowing down, but that's easy to fix.. i am on xbox so you could imagine my thrill I would say one gaint step into the future. It's going to be amazing to play with everyone.

Edited by (XBOX)CountessaJay
  • Like 1