Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

1 hour ago, Dinomotion said:

I wonder how the game will manage my 2 accounts (PC and Nintenno). I've invested a lot on PC and recently i bought a Switch console and started playing there. Will they merge? I hope I can keep both accounts :')

they have confirmed that accounts will be merged. 

I have a question.

So, previously, it was mentioned that after Xbox/PC got stabilized, you (DE) would work on PlayStation/Switch.

When will Xbox/PlayStation be worked on? I don't know any PC players, but my PS friends and I have been waiting for Cross-play, since Cross-save will be even further down the road. Previously we were just wishing for cross-save; but since cross-play came first, it would be nice to play together.

Edited by (XBOX)NnH Kairyu
Typo

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)NnH Kairyu said:

I have a question.

So, previously, it was mentioned that after Xbox/PC got stabilized, you (DE) would work on PlayStation/Switch.

When will Xbox/PlayStation be worked on? I don't know any PC players, but my PS friends and I have been waiting for Cross-play, since Cross-save will be even further down the road. Previously we were just wishing for cross-save; but since cross-play came first, it would be nice to play together.

Everyone should be able to play with everyone as of 1st December:

"UPDATE: December 1st, 2022 - Switch & PlayStation Addition to Cross Platform Play Test
Today marks another milestone in Cross Platform Play development! Nintendo Switch and PlayStation Tenno can now join their PC and Xbox peers in playing missions together across the Origin System. The same restrictions apply from the current PC and Xbox test but now all players can join in the fun."

Are you not able to create a squad with them?

• Like 3

"Cross Platform Save is not currently available, but we will keep the Community updated on when they can take part in Cross Platform Save as Cross Platform Play development continues."
FFS, DE. Even Cyberpunk 2077, a disaster of a game, has cross-save and cross-progression. I'm tired of waiting now. I haven't played Warframe since October 2021 on PS4, I've been waiting for Cross-Save so I can pick up where I left off on Xbox Series X, and it seems no closer today than it ever was to coming to fruition.

Destiny 2, Dying Light, Sniper Elite 5, Cyberpunk 2077, Warzone, MWII, Diablo 2 Resurrected... so many games are ahead of DE on this one. I love Warframe, I enjoyed it up until I stopped being on PS4, and I really want to play all the new content, but not all of us can afford multiple systems and getting a PS5 is a herculean task even now. Come on, DE. Please.

Awesome.

I see whispers about cross save - that's ridiculous; looking forward to logging into my Xbox mr23 on PC! ! :D

Good luck DE. I Hope it is (relatively) easy!

- IMM0RTALBLUD

17 minutes ago, (PSN)FirstAidSprays said:

"Cross Platform Save is not currently available, but we will keep the Community updated on when they can take part in Cross Platform Save as Cross Platform Play development continues."
FFS, DE. Even Cyberpunk 2077, a disaster of a game, has cross-save and cross-progression. I'm tired of waiting now. I haven't played Warframe since October 2021 on PS4, I've been waiting for Cross-Save so I can pick up where I left off on Xbox Series X, and it seems no closer today than it ever was to coming to fruition.

Destiny 2, Dying Light, Sniper Elite 5, Cyberpunk 2077, Warzone, MWII, Diablo 2 Resurrected... so many games are ahead of DE on this one. I love Warframe, I enjoyed it up until I stopped being on PS4, and I really want to play all the new content, but not all of us can afford multiple systems and getting a PS5 is a herculean task even now. Come on, DE. Please.

Bro, I think it's much easier to add something like this during initial game development rather than years later; I am also guessing/under the assumption that those games you referenced were created with cross save enabled by default, during initial game development.

Nevertheless I think it's coming soon, just hang on! :D

Edited by G4M1NG_AP0STLE-J_YT
  • Like 2

On 2022-09-29 at 11:52 AM, FSK41 said:

Guide on how to deal with Cross Platform

Step 1: go to settings and disable crossplay
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Grofit 

you now have a better gameplay

Since crossplay has been enabled my Warframe experience has degraded significantly.  Here's my experience so far:

1. Around 25% of the time if the host is on a console the session will crash and I'll get kicked back to my orbiter/"multiplayer menu".
  2. When I get into the mission the trash talking of the console players is OVER THE TOP.  Abusive, foul, and just not fun.  I game to have fun not deal with jacka$$es.
  3. If I disable crossplay there are no sessions since crossplay is enabled by default.  Even if a session is all PC players I won't be joined since they have crossplay enabled and I don't.  Only those who have finally had enough of the nonsense from the console crowd and have turned off crossplay will be matched.  We are (so far) a minority and thus session matching is a ghost town.

I'm not happy about the abusive nature of the new "riff-raff" from the console crowd (and I don't mean to imply EVERYONE here, just it seems that if there's someone mouthing off during a session it seems, more times than not, to be a crossplayer).  This might be ok in the console world, but during most of my time here on Warframe people have been respectful, helpful and most importantly fun to game with.

Now I can't fix people, and I"m not going to try.  Can we at least get the crossplay code to allow matching sessions where all of the other clients are the same platform?  I totally understand the complexity of selecting when to convert a session to "crossplay" off, but at this time my only other choice is to designate Warframe a single player game.

(And before someone chimes in about using the ignore list - I do.  I'm just tired of adding 3-5 people EVERY time I start a Warframe session)

11 hours ago, NovusNova said:

Everyone should be able to play with everyone as of 1st December:

"UPDATE: December 1st, 2022 - Switch & PlayStation Addition to Cross Platform Play Test
Today marks another milestone in Cross Platform Play development! Nintendo Switch and PlayStation Tenno can now join their PC and Xbox peers in playing missions together across the Origin System. The same restrictions apply from the current PC and Xbox test but now all players can join in the fun."

Are you not able to create a squad with them?

I hadn't seen that part added. I did get in contact with one of my PS friends a few hours later and was able to play. Although we had a few disconnects going from Cetus to Dojo, Dojo to Relay, from Relay to Mission. Railjack to Dojo worked though.

The post hasn't stated if Cross-Play Clan Membership is possible or restricted. Just that adding as a Friend, Trading, and in-game Voice Chat are limited. Has anyone tried yet? 

Edited by (XBOX)NnH Kairyu
Typo/clarification

I'm very appreciative that we Officially have Crossplay in Warframe it's a very great thing to have to allow us warframe community to grow as a family in some sort. 

But what's holding crossplay back is mainly the ability to add friends, and add each other to clans(dojo).

Other games such as Apex legends and fortnite etc. Never had issues with crossplay via the ability to add each other or clan in apex? 

So I dont understand why it's hard for [DE] Warframe to have this kind of skill to allow us to add each other on other platforms and dojo's 

My girlfriend cant play with me on warframe because we dont have the ability to play together because we can't add each other? I'm on playstation and she's on xbox so not having the ability to add her in-game makes crossplay look STUPID in warframe.

I understand that crossplay finally came to warframe but we cant use excuses because look at other games that has crossplay.

Love Warframe and it's Nice counter part community but till then warframe is not playable till this crossplay issue is resolved.

Sincerely, Tenno (:

Edited by (PSN)Death_Hunter_141

Adding crossplay to a game as old as Warframe which wasn’t made with crossplay in mind isn’t a simple task as we seen with how long it took to get here where we are now since the initial announcement.

Crossplay isn’t here in full capacity yet, we are still in test phase. We’ll get stuff like trading, friend list, clan functionality and such down the line when it’s ready.

So have some patience.

• Like 2

Just thinking as we approach our annual season of giving to community and charity. It'd be amazing to be able to gift cross platform. I have a few friends I got into the game thanks to cross play. (Can't friend in game yet but we're patient folk) just hoping to be able to help out fresh fellow tenno this year. 

Thanks guys. Doing good work

On 2022-12-02 at 10:52 PM, G4M1NG_AP0STLE-J_YT said:

Awesome.

I see whispers about cross save - that's ridiculous; looking forward to logging into my Xbox mr23 on PC! ! :D

Good luck DE. I Hope it is (relatively) easy!

- IMM0RTALBLUD

And here is my other account, nice to see it isn't deleted! :D 

Will hop on Warframe Companion and check out what's going on!

Again, thanks for the awesome experience with what you have created, D.E.

After all these years it seems like Warframe has not changed; rather simply got better!

- I played the new survival missions, (on the harder node also) collectively for around an hour or two.

I don't usually enjoy public survival as most players run around aimlessly, spreading our loot everywhere.. however! It seems the buff gained from that ethereal dude can somewhat naturally bring players together. Was very fun hitting some enemies with some super stomps using my newbie Rhino on Apostle too.. :D