Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

corssplatform play is here yes but you cannot play with people you actually care about 

I say if you cant add and invite them to ur party why even allow the update to happen a serious misadvertisement dont even mention crossplay and have a flashy trailer if you cant add people and make parties with people from other platforms.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Taku Kori 17 said:

Just curious on the wording on the post. what is the "full suite" of crossplay referring to? Id think if they actually released crossplay that the full suit is here?

The "full suit" would include cross-save, cross-trade, cross-friends. Stuff that isn't yet implemented that you can do outside of crossplay.

Oh, and it does help if friends have a discord server they can coordinate on. One of my friends created one of these a few years ago, and it's proven very useful for our group of friend and friends-of-friends. Some people who used ot just be friends of my friend are now my friends more properly, also. So, that can be an additional benefit. So, if someone has the knowhow or looks up how to create a discord server, they can invite their friends there and coordinate and keep in touch without needing games they're playing to have full crossplay functionality.

Edited by VladYvhv
Added info, so's not to double-post.

On 2022-09-29 at 6:02 PM, [DE]Dudley said:

The team has reached another milestone in the development of Cross Platform Play with the latest Updates/Hotfixes. With the launch of Lua’s Prey Update, we now have a Cross Platform Play LIVE for all platforms

Please give us a PER-PLATFORM cross play opt out or something.  or maybe not a full opt out but "don't connect to xyz platform hosts"

I am sorry to say Nintendo switch hosts are horrible for lag.

here you can see me get randomly teleported, other players not moving smoothly, and at then end vacuum not working
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/the-ntt/video/169096573

here you can see vacuum not working, needing the energy orb right in front of me as I didn't have enough energy to cast my ability, but it simply ignoring for 10-15 seconds.
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/the-ntt/video/169096702

and this was the BEST performance I saw in the 5 minutes i stayed before I extracted.  It really was unplayable.

I could tell as soon as the mission started host was a switch player - and asked in chat to confirm - which (s)he did.

It sucks for them, but you guys even just bumped up the min PC requirements for 2023 - sadly I don't think switch is up to the task even now.  I shudder to think what you guys are going to do with mobile players.

On 2022-12-10 at 6:40 PM, Voltage said:

Seeing a Mobile or Nintendo Switch icon in recruitment for hosting any mission will drive away anyone who knows what they are in for.

they really should be posting LFG's.  Can't speak for mobile, but every switch-hosted game i've joined has been intolerable for more than the 5 minutes it takes for extraction to appear - and that's assuming they don't get kicked from the squad and everyone gets host migrated when the load picks up.   don't know if they crash or just end up in their own session.

He's not a DE employee except in the most technical sense of the word. He's a "partner." A streamer approved by DE. However, his knowledge is somewhat limited.

Not that that isn't a very real possibility, after all, the way plat discounts work wrt the PC versus console alone makes trading seem like it would be a hard sell to DE let alone the consoles themselves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

He's not a DE employee except in the most technical sense of the word. He's a "partner." A streamer approved by DE. However, his knowledge is somewhat limited.

Not that that isn't a very real possibility, after all, the way plat discounts work wrt the PC versus console alone makes trading seem like it would be a hard sell to DE let alone the consoles themselves.

OK, so just disallow cross-trading plat then. I saw Tennogen stuff mentioned in another thread... disallow cross-gifting Tennogen stuff.

It's entirely possible (and likely) that it wont happen. When looking at other crossplay games there's some stuff that console companies (moreso Sony specifically, the kings of anti consumerism, as far as I can tell) do to basically try and keep you paying and playing on their console. Just for example: If you started playing Genshin Impact on playstation, you are restricted to only being able to SPEND MONEY ON THE PLAYSTATION VERSION OF GENSHIN IMPACT and CANNOT SPEND PLAYSTATION BOUGHT GEMS ON OTHER PLATFORMS (Capitilized for emphasis and because I think it's such a scummy thing that needs to be seen and talked about more in general)

So, when we look at this, it is very likely that Sony wont allow any cross platform economy because they likely want playstation platinum to only be spent on playstation, and quite possibly you might only be able to buy platinum on playstation if that's where you started the account, if DE have to follow the same rules as Genshin that Sony probably enforce under the pretense that there's no deal for cross play if it doesn't happen. 

Cross trading wouldn't be a good idea....

as the different platforms have different monetization rates

allowing exchange would lead to some platforms operating at a deficit....

Also Note that on Console, a portion of DE's profits are subsidized by your PSN/Live/Etc subscription. So creating a PCPlat vs ConsolePlat exchange rate is a really complex issue

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Well as far as I know Xbox, Nintendo and Sony all take 30%. It seems like steam is the only issue tbh. I’d say just add cross trade between consoles, they desperately need it, and that way all the exploits are removed.

18 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

you can't even gift tennogen stuff on PC. Can you on consoles?

Oh, I don't know. I've never bought or gifted tennogen stuff. I saw another topic on cross-gifting and someone was mentioning tennogen as some reason for why it wouldn't be possible.

EDIT: See here:

Edited by nslay

1 час назад, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA сказал:

I dont see how it could *not* be a thing. If cross save is a thing. 

because console manufactures won't allow you to flood their platforms with discounted plat avoiding their stores
unless they will demand something like $1mil each month from DE to compensate their loses from plat sales

15 minutes ago, (PSN)youdog122 said:

Well as far as I know Xbox, Nintendo and Sony all take 30%. It seems like steam is the only issue tbh. I’d say just add cross trade between consoles, they desperately need it, and that way all the exploits are removed.

I'm pretty sure its the console companies that are the issue, not steam. Sony probably wouldn't allow cross platform unless they're allowed to restrict warframe in similar ways to how they restrict genshin impact (refer to my comment above for more info on that)

15 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

I'm pretty sure its the console companies that are the issue, not steam. Sony probably wouldn't allow cross platform unless they're allowed to restrict warframe in similar ways to how they restrict genshin impact (refer to my comment above for more info on that)

I mean I’m not saying steam is the one that’s preventing it, I’m saying that the console companies probably don’t want a system where you can go get premium currency for cheaper. Steam is that system, everyone talking about how they can take advantage of pc to console, nobody really talking about console to console cuz there’s not any real difference. Either way it’s just a suggestion on how de could pump some life into console trading and prices would be the same so it’s not like 1 console would be a better deal to buy on then another.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)youdog122 said:

I mean I’m not saying steam is the one that’s preventing it, I’m saying that the console companies probably don’t want a system where you can go get premium currency for cheaper. Steam is that system, everyone talking about how they can take advantage of pc to console, nobody really talking about console to console cuz there’s not any real difference. Either way it’s just a suggestion on how de could pump some life into console trading and prices would be the same so it’s not like 1 console would be a better deal to buy on then another.

Ah I see, my bad. I still don't think it's quite that, at least not just that. And more that sony specifically wants people to pay, play and stay on playstation. Just look at the genshin impact example I gave above, if you start your account on playstation then they literally restrict what platforms you can actually pay for gems on your account and you can only use your playstation paid credits on playstation. They're basically trying to stop you from switching platforms because your account is basically restricted to playstation even though it's cross play and technically playable on other platforms. 

Yeah not surprising at all if this is true. Trying to account for/merge/delete regular PC discounts, console sales, console discounts, Tennogen, and different player economies would be a nightmare and likely make things worse for console Tenno due to PC plat inflation.

Though as for how trading will work come cross save I assume we'll end up with something like separate plat balances per platform and can only access the balance of the one you're playing on. Keeps player plat economies separated and platforms still have incentives to spend money through their shops.

5 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Ah I see, my bad. I still don't think it's quite that, at least not just that. And more that sony specifically wants people to pay, play and stay on playstation. Just look at the genshin impact example I gave above, if you start your account on playstation then they literally restrict what platforms you can actually pay for gems on your account and you can only use your playstation paid credits on playstation. They're basically trying to stop you from switching platforms because your account is basically restricted to playstation even though it's cross play and technically playable on other platforms. 

Yeah I could see that, Sony can be a pain in the ***. I was just kinda throwing and idea out there, obviously I wish that it was for all platforms, but you know if we couldn’t have that maybe it could work as a backup… but that’s probably just wishful thinking on my part tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)youdog122 said:

Yeah I could see that, Sony can be a pain in the ***. I was just kinda throwing and idea out there, obviously I wish that it was for all platforms, but you know if we couldn’t have that maybe it could work as a backup… but that’s probably just wishful thinking on my part tbh.

Yeah, I think it would be great, even if just console only, but I'm pretty doubtful sony would let it happen. If DE can make it happen I think it's a good idea but I don't fault DE at all if it doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, Merrcenary said:

because console manufactures won't allow you to flood their platforms with discounted plat avoiding their stores
unless they will demand something like $1mil each month from DE to compensate their loses from plat sales

I started my account on xbox. 

A lot of frames i traded for. 

What happens to those frames when i load up on pc? Do they become unuseable?

Untradable if uncrafted?

If i do a relic fissure on pc get a piece of whatever then come back to xbox what happens to it?

What if i buy a riven from trade chat on xbox then load up on pc?

What if i buy a riven on pc?

What if i *roll* a riven on one platform then load up another?

A *huge* part of warframe revolves around trading. 

Better yet. 

What if i have a pc and xbox do i get to load up wf on pc and something somewhere goes bleep bloop you have access to pc trade chat now but xbox users dont? That wouldnt seem fair.

Cross *play* without cross save or cross trade i can understand.

But i feel like cross *save* without cross trade opens a whole can of worms that would be alot worse than who gets what cut of plat sales.

• Like 1