Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

1 hour ago, [DE]Dudley said:

What feedback is most beneficial to Warframe for this test?
For players who participate in the test, we would love to hear from you, and there are a couple of things you can do that would be greatly appreciated. When submitting your feedback, please:

• Include the platform you are playing on
  • Add screenshots/videos of any issues encountered during the test
  • For PC, send your EE.log, which can be found by clicking on the “Get Logs” option under the Diagnostics section of the Settings in the launcher
    • Please attach EE.Log in a Support Ticket with the title “CROSS PLATFORM PLAY BUG” 
  • For PC, detail what happened before any crash occurred when submitting a ticket using Warframe’s crash report tool (it will generate a WAR number)

@[DE]Dudley for future reference, is there a way to know if we played with people using a different platform?

Or in other words, if we find a issue, how do we know it's related to cross platform and should be reported as such "CROSS PLATFORM PLAY BUG"?

Or should we just report anything and everything and you guys sort it out?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

@[DE]Dudley for future reference, is there a way to know if we played with people using a different platform?

Or in other words, if we find a issue, how do we know it's related to cross platform and should be reported as such "CROSS PLATFORM PLAY BUG"?

Or should we just report anything and everything and you guys sort it out?

There was an icon next to people's names in chat (for me on PC, only Xbox players had the Xbox icon, on Xbox, PC players had a Windows icon and Xbox players an Xbox icon). And when in your squad, in the upper left, the icon was above Xbox players' names.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Myscho said:

You can see Xbox sign next to nickname

koddercg5uq91.png?width=620&format=png&a

I'm assuming due to legal stuff it may be like Dauntless or No Man's Sky when you're on a console, you'll see generic 🎮 or 🖥 icons for other platforms or PC. PC being loose on limitations on that, it may show all logos.

Edited by (NSW)mrEkli

45 minutes ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

I'm assuming due to legal stuff it may be like Dauntless or No Man's Sky when you're on a console, you'll see generic 🎮 or 🖥 icons for other platforms or PC. PC being loose on limitations on that, it may show all logos.

Sony has weird restrictions on displaying other platform logos on PlayStation games and vice-versa, it's why Xbox/Nintendo is usually a generic gamepad and PC is a monitor or keyboard. Destiny 2 doesn't display PS' logo on PC but does display Xbox and Stadia (RIP lol).

I wasn't even aware that this was going on. I do play on PC and hope to join the next testing. Thank you Dev team, Executives, and game makers for making cross play and cross save happen. Also, thank you to those who actually took part in the testing. Sorry I didn't get to join you guys.

2 hours ago, Electrocutie- said:

Sony has weird restrictions on displaying other platform logos on PlayStation games and vice-versa, it's why Xbox/Nintendo is usually a generic gamepad and PC is a monitor or keyboard. Destiny 2 doesn't display PS' logo on PC but does display Xbox and Stadia (RIP lol).

Yeah it's kinda weird how their restrictions were. I know on NMS Steam, it even shows Steam players with a Steam logo but I'm guessing GOG? are the generic monitor. We'll see what DE is able to do.

On 2022-09-29 at 6:02 PM, [DE]Dudley said:

What about Cross Save?

Cross Platform Play will be our first direction in getting all Tenno to play together, and we will announce details around Cross Save in a future announcement.

My PS4 died on me last year, and I moved over to Xbox Series X. Haven't played Warframe in about a year now because I can't get hold of a PS5 and don't really want to buy a PS4 again. Could there be some clarification from the team whether this far away Cross Save will actually allow PS saves to move over to Xbox players, and vice versa, or if it's more limited to something like PS/Xbox to PC and vice versa? I and many others would no doubt appreciate knowing this as soon as possible so it's able to be assessed whether it's worth waiting for the cross-save or trying to get the system with our current save on it.

Thanks. Miss this game a ton.

4 minutes ago, Baszotek_to_ja said:

account merging pleaseee!!! i have a ps4 account since 2015 and it would be GREAT to merge. (ill reply w the account)

like i said, ACCOUNT MERGING!!! this account is not as good as my new one (learned much), but things like primes i have on this account and not on the other would help really much. You could also merge tennogen, but no pressure

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)THE NTT said:

I believe it was crashing some PC players games.  They got enough data to start to debug the issue but no reason to keep it open with it crashing.

oh alright!
My bad, it seems like such a nice progress, i was thrilled when i read about the test :D