Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

Worked well in mission could squad up with my xbox counterpart and play through a mission with no problems

We couldn't friend each other

We couldn't see each others profiles

As an xbox player (MR2) i visited my PC counterparts orbiter in the drifter camp. Xbox could see Kahl + crew and could talk to them. I could access "customise kahl" but it bugged out and I was trapped in the menus. I could not apply any changes to Kahl.

Cosmetics in my PC orbiter: my Domestik Drones, beech balls, current active Kubrow and colour scheme were visible on xbox but nothing else.

Tested with PC host being in orbit instead of drifter camp and it was the same.

When PC visited Xbox orbiter - the orbiter had leaks like when it is in the drifter camp (the PC accounts orbiter was set to "in orbit")

• Like 2

Not sure if linked to the enabling of crossplay, but when I launched the game from steam, i couldn't join a sortie party whatever method i tried (from menu, from plains node on earth). restarting the client wouldn't help, nor would waiting in the menu for many minutes waiting for someone else to join the group, leaving me only able to continue on my own (with no one joining). Once i launched the game standalone from steam (using the CLI parameters Launcher.exe -cluster:public -registry:Steam), it joined me in with others immediately. Incidentally, that party were all PC users too.

Crashes. Lagging. Unable to view friends profiles. etc. This was obviously a bad decision on DE part. it's definitely NOT ready to be in game. So the smart thing to do is actually take the time to perfect it so it works instead of releasing something that is buggy and improperly prepared. Typical of DE as of late tbh

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)AllTheMalice said:

How can I switch back and forth between my PC and xbox account on Xbox? It doesn't give you the login screen like on PC.

That's "Cross Save" coming in later after all this Cross Play stuff is all done and stable. Right now it's about playing with people on different platforms.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)LordShadowX99 said:

Crashes. Lagging. Unable to view friends profiles. etc. This was obviously a bad decision on DE part. it's definitely NOT ready to be in game. So the smart thing to do is actually take the time to perfect it so it works instead of releasing something that is buggy and improperly prepared. Typical of DE as of late tbh

Please report all of this. It's a test for everyone that had the option on for the platforms. They are trying to fix it. These bugs are not able to found in the dev build. 

Edited by (NSW)mrEkli

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)LordShadowX99 said:

this is a test, not a release

• Like 6

Why are people complaining its unfinished and buggy? Thats the entire point of tests like this, to find and iron out bugs, they just shouldnt drop it because its not done yet

If its causing issues you can disable it in the system settings

Edited by Silver00100
clarification on stance
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, p_silveira said:

2 - On one of the times, an Xbox player took like 1m45s to load into the mission after the rest of us had loaded already. Probably something to do with less performance-y Xbox versions. Not a problem per se, but I can see people not being amused loading into a mission when the capture targed had been captured already or half the Extermination had already been done.

I have next Gen Xbox and super flash speed 'net... I loaded into the Sortie just in time for the two PC players to have rescued the hostage and beat feet to extraction -- fortunately, the minute countdown was enough for me to spawn and race the 600m to exit. Then as soon as the end screen appeared, the host left us all. Boy-oh-boy that was such a fun mission!

Also I think I'm getting a better idea of why so many nerfs lately:  console prep. I've seen more Wukongs in the past HOUR than I've seen in the past YEAR on this platform. 😂

I have a feeling player compatibility is going to be more of a problem with cp/cs than any kind of technical issues. 

EDIT: Okay, ya, I just played the last part of the Sortie... well, not really, I joined the last part but I didn't even get to see the assassination target let alone shoot at him. Unless y'all are planning to set a load-in timer -- say, anything longer than 30 seconds of mission start -- I'll be disabling c/p. 😁

Edited by (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn
More words.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)LordShadowX99 said:

no issues for me so far - have run about 5 missions, all relic runs:
1 30min SP survival

4 mob defense

all had a mix of pc & xbox players...

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)LordShadowX99 said:

That exactly what these tests are for dude. Lol

• Like 3

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Shodian:

That exactly what these tests are for dude. Lol

Well there are always some who either do not pay attention, don't know what they are talking about or need to rant.

Anyway, no issues so far, and no Xbox Player has complained in the chat. 
I missed the last Public Test but it seems to go better than last time.

• Like 2

By now we've gotten the culture shock of the different ways PC and Xbox handle Pick-up group recruitment. I am not going to comment on which methods are better.
We have a larger and underlying problem that only DE can address. That Warframe does not have pick-up group system. And it never has. DE gave us a chat channel and made us do the work of "Invite to Squad". And we just accepted and worked around it.

That needs to change.

This is a User Experience (UX) design problem. Brought about by the difficulties different Inputs (KB&M, Gamepad) have with the Chat UX.

There are several ways DE could go about actually building a pick-up group system. From, ya know, actually coding and designing a whole new UI system that minizines the number of clicks and cursor movement needed to interact with it. To once again trying to hijack existing systems to create something fast and dirty with minimal extra development time.

On the fast side, DE already has the code base for Look, Loadout, and Item links. This can be expanded to "Squad Links". Things that can easily be "clicked" on after being posted to a chat channel. Squad-Links can have standardized and filterable Tags in them. Such as "Relic" or the Mission Type name (which are already in code and applicable in language translation).

I really hope DE will not blow this off, and put it down on the agenda for their Crossplay design team. It's been put off too long as it is.

hace 1 hora, (XBOX)LordShadowX99 dijo:

Is a test, you can't see profiles, trade, send friend request, etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

Same thing for us over on PC, can't see Xbox profiles. Probably gonna be working when they officially launch it.

I'm guessing they want to make sure it actually works and is stable first before they go adding the bells and whistles.

• Like 1