Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

As far as loading in mid mission this happens to pc x pc all the time... yep not a fan    but thats nothing new.

As far as looking at (X) player profile  i had no problem viewing a few thru region name link. click name  click drop down>profile

granted i only looked a a few  but seemed fine on my end... seems YRMV

did a few mission with xbox player seemed like a normal mission run to me . So far on my end itsFine™

THIS IS A TEST .... to work out all those bugs   so if you have problem report them in a fashion DE can use to help fix these problem

Not helping anyone with the whawhawha

On 2022-09-30 at 8:47 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

No wonder trading has been a massive pain the last several days.  Imagine not having test servers people could opt into.

after seeing what i saw in recruiting chat today, i'm not as excited about crossplay as i once was.
it's gonna start a massive war between platforms and only saw xbox and pc.

25 minutes ago, Thawfoot said:

As far as loading in mid mission this happens to pc x pc all the time... yep not a fan    but thats nothing new.

As far as looking at (X) player profile  i had no problem viewing a few thru region name link. click name  click drop down>profile

granted i only looked a a few  but seemed fine on my end... seems YRMV

did a few mission with xbox player seemed like a normal mission run to me . So far on my end itsFine™

THIS IS A TEST .... to work out all those bugs   so if you have problem report them in a fashion DE can use to help fix these problem

Not helping anyone with the whawhawha

it would be nice for xbox to have this option to click on a name and then click profile.

Tbh some of the people here whining about it not working really need to read the first post. This is testing, and in my opinion, the better way to test it. There's thousands of players to report bugs, and with the infinitely varied information, it allows DE to find and fix bugs infinitely quicker.

It has been said, in game and out, that it isn't live, it is just to test its functionality, find the bugs, and help people connect with friends.

If you do not like it, opt the f out and keep your whining to yourself.

• Like 2

In my case I have already done several relic runs with xbox players and I haven't had any problems so far.

hace 4 minutos, DeanEyes dijo:

If you do not like it, opt the f out and keep your whining to yourself.

Or they just turn off crossplay, which is easy.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

My experience so far.

-Region Chat: WOOO!
-Joined a squad with an Xboxer as Host.
-Loading missions took only 10 more seconds than usual.
-Ping was perfect, no delay bugs or glitching. Have had worse experiences with PC hosts.
-Did 1 Steel Path mission, then cracked a few relics also on Steel Path, and finally 25 minutes of Arbitration Survival.
-ONLY bug I noticed was occasionally an enemy would spawn in my field of view if I was far away from the host.
-Buttery smooth, fun, loads of wholesome energy, from my perspective this could just be left on for funsies as new features are rolled out.

Didn't realize that crossplay would increase the possible chances I would be paired up with low ping hosts.
10/10 would crossplay again.

• Like 4

Second test cross platform. On PC  First mission constant key board lock up. Second mission , constant key board lock up frozen screen. Shut off option playing normal.

PC i7 10700k cpu 32 gig mem  Geforce RTX 2060 6 gig mem.

On 2022-09-29 at 5:02 PM, [DE]Dudley said:

Hello Tenno,

The team has reached another milestone in the development of Cross Platform Play with the latest Updates/Hotfixes. The time has come for our first public Cross Play test between Xbox and PC users. This post aims to inform you about what you can expect from this test and be the dedicated place where you can provide us with your feedback or issues about your experiences, which is very important to us.

Cross Platform Play Initial Public Test
While this test is active, PC and Xbox players may see a new option appearing in their settings called “Cross Platform Play.” 
Cross Play Option V2.png

You can toggle the “Cross Platform Play” setting, allowing Tenno from both platforms to join each other’s squads and complete missions together. There will be a few limitations on some features during this test:

• No Dojo support
  • No Conclave support
  • No Friend support
  • No Trading or Gifting of items across different platforms
  • No Voice Chat support

Based on the results of this test, we will be able to take those findings and continue to refine our feature development for all platforms. Please note that we will update this thread when the test closes and that the length of the test will be dependent on a variety of factors such as server stability. 

Why Xbox and PC?
This is just the first step in the journey that is Cross Platform Play. Xbox and PC are similar from an infrastructure perspective, so we are ensuring that any kinks are removed first and then continue on with PlayStation and the Nintendo Switch at another time.

Will there be future tests?
We will update you about any future testing, the dates, and the eligible platforms for those tests.

When does Cross Platform Play officially launch?
We will announce an official launch date once the feature is ready. Thank you for your patience.

What about Cross Save?
Cross Platform Play will be our first direction in getting all Tenno to play together, and we will announce details around Cross Save in a future announcement.

What feedback is most beneficial to Warframe for this test?
For players who participate in the test, we would love to hear from you, and there are a couple of things you can do that would be greatly appreciated. When submitting your feedback, please:

• Include the platform you are playing on
  • Add screenshots/videos of any issues encountered during the test
  • For PC, send your EE.log, which can be found by clicking on the “Get Logs” option under the Diagnostics section of the Settings in the launcher
    • Please attach EE.Log in a Support Ticket with the title “CROSS PLATFORM PLAY BUG” 
  • For PC, detail what happened before any crash occurred when submitting a ticket using Warframe’s crash report tool (it will generate a WAR number)

We are excited to have this test live so that we can continue to connect Tenno across all platforms. With your help, we can iron out major issues and make Cross Platform Play a smoother experience for everyone!

UPDATE: Cross Platform Play Initial Test is Over

Thank you for participating in our initial Cross Platform Play test for Xbox and PC users. The test is now closed but we are still accepting feedback from participants. This information will help us further develop Cross Platform Play and we look forward to sharing more information about the feature in the future.

UPDATE: Cross Platform Play Test #2 is Live

We want to repeat our thanks to those of you who were able to participate in our initial Cross Platform Play Test. Our second public Cross Platform Play test between Xbox and PC users is live. It’s possible that this test could close/end abruptly like the last one did, but we will update this thread if that occurs. We also updated our note on Trading to clarify what to expect during the test.

Please continue to report bugs and feedback to us in this thread!

As of today with the other Xbox/PC crossplay test, it is going REALLY smooth for me, had an entire team of Xbox players and we had zero issues, they were also amazing people! Whatever you guys are doing at DE its working well, hope you keep up the amazingness! <3

• Like 2

Xbox player here

Played about 20+ missions so far. Only had an issue on the 1st mission where the enemys were not getting the reactive while trying to open relics and on another mission i was stuck on the loading orbiter for about a min so i had to log out. 

Nice to log into any mission and ppl joining in every one i played. Thats rare between only xbox users.

And my RPG luck seems to suck, opened +15 R2 relics all maxed out with fissure and mostly getting Nidus bp insted of the Revnant one.... I guess some things never change 😢

PS: I wrote this using the xbox controller 😢😢😢

• Like 3

Profile Showing following Error when opening up a profile of an Xbox Player:

Spoiler

3wF93YO.jpg

On 2022-09-29 at 7:26 PM, Royal-Tentacle said:

Poggers. Glad to see this is being worked on. Though it's a bit sad that PS4/5 users can't participate at the current moment. My significant other is a PS5 user and we would have gladly begun testing this together but it seems we can't for now.

Probably because Xbox is still kind of based on Windows, probably easier to troubleshoot this way.

Edited by xMarvin732

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Darkskytzo said:

after seeing what i saw in recruiting chat today, i'm not as excited about crossplay as i once was.
it's gonna start a massive war between platforms and only saw xbox and pc.

the test was only xbox and pc fyi.

MR30 blessings are randomly dropping off.  I'll get 2-3 blessings at the relay and then go out and play a mission and come back in my orbiter and notice 1-2 of the blessings will be gone while the other(s) will still have the 2+ hours remaining.  This happened couple times today where they dropped well before the 3 hours had passed.  Some of the blessings were from PC players and some from Xbox players, not sure if only blessings from a specific platform are dropping.

So far, my experience with cross-platform has been great. Ignoring the occasional lag when the host is a xbox player, which tbh is as likely to happen as when its a PC player so, it works just fine and has made it more likely to find players no matter the mission

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

It looks like PC users mostly turned off CP option.  There is no recruiting PC user on recruiting chat. This is NA server.

Its about 50/50 pc/xbox on recruiting for me right now - definitely were more earlier.  Its too bad they are leaving - guess they got tired of getting 1% of the damage in missions.

Just kidding - if it causes matchmaking or mission issues for them, were I in there shoes I'd turn it off too.  It could also be that they dislike the xbox recruiting number spam (as do I). Its so much clear to just type "LF" and get invited or "H" and have ppl pm you and not see recruiting spammed with numbers.   I actually have a filter on at all times so i just put the relic number in i want and ignore everything else to cut out the noise