Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

3 hours ago, Tony_Ravioli said:

Your issue with this philosophy, is technically only Xbox players benefit. You know from the low market pc prices, not yet, but eventually.

Actually, I like high market price of Xbox. Simple math.

I believe some incentive needs to PC who is turnning on crossplay because they have no problem of matchmaking whatever CP turns on or off.

21 minutes ago, CrossMind said:

I'm not going to say Xbox way is better or anything. But we can adapt and choose the way that convenient to ourselves. 

I understand what you're saying but I totally understand where PC players are coming from. Xbox is lower traffic than PC. Doing the number thing means other things are pushed out of chat faster than they should be and just adds unnecessary clutter. The larger group shouldn't have to conform to the smaller. At the end of the day all the other players on every other platform recruit almost exactly the same way. The Xbox player will mostly likely have to conform to everyone else.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, (PSN)GyroDriveSmasher said:

I understand what you're saying but I totally understand where PC players are coming from. Xbox is lower traffic than PC. Doing the number thing means other things are pushed out of chat faster than they should be and just adds unnecessary clutter. The larger group shouldn't have to conform to the smaller. At the end of the day all the other players on every other platform recruit almost exactly the same way. The Xbox player will mostly likely have to conform to everyone else.

number is from input tool, not simple to input words with controller

feel like preparing keyboard or idk 

Did a lot of relic farming/cracking. For the most part, I didn't notice any issues, but once when we had an XBoxer leave, they stayed on the squad for a while, even though the game recognized that they'd left chat. Eventually it decided that they'd left the squad.

Was nervous after the first test was taken off so soon but, I had no issues on my end, only issues I observed where some Xbox tenno that joined and left almost immediately. I can only assume it was a connection issue to the host. Other than that I just had a wonderful time with a squad of Xbox tenno we spent a good hour faming/ crackin relics and got quite a few Rev prime parts. 

My only gripe were not being able to share build links as 2 of the Xbox tenno asked for my tonkor build and titania build. other than that I look forward to more tests.

ImageI like this, actually saw with my own eyes an Excalibur Prime on XB1. There was actually another PC player earlier in the lobby who was asking why Excal Prime wasn't on Xbox at all or if Xbox had anything special for its launch.

This is what the Orcus Relay looked like earlier in the evening.

• Like 1

Every time I go to the dojo now, it crashes me and froze my task manager. I did set the graphics to be on the lowest setting, still won't fix it. Same with, what I was able to see, the texture on the doors where you can place a node didn't fully load in either.
Edit: Ok, never mind. Dojos are broken completely even with crossplay turned off

Edited by ZarexWolf
The problem got even worse

Managed to try w/ friends (Xbox One X host, Xbox Series X client, PC client), and went great, even for a light endurance run; ran into less issues than we normally do, tbh.

Restrictions w/ Profile, Links, and @-ing (can't seem to for people with spaces in their name), but otherwise beautiful for just a test... especially for one running so long; was worried it was already over when I saw the announcement was 11 hrs old, and yet I think it's still going, and nearing a day? Wild.

Looking forwards to more, and maybe getting some Arcane Helmets eventually... though I don't really expect exclusives like that to be made available to us...

Still, 'tween this, Discord on Xbox, and Crossout supposedly implementing it later this year, sure is shaping up to be an excellent holiday season.

Edited by (XBOX)Bronzebreak

Alrighty, the 2nd Crossplay Test looks VERY promising, good Job DE!

There is however one bug I encountered with cp: For some reason, sometimes, XBox players cannot read or write in chat. If I try to PM the player, they are "offline" even though they are mid mission right next to me, playing with me. This has happened twice to me, otherwise, cp looks crazy stable, im impressed!

9 hours ago, (PSN)Alteric_Jeske said:

Big time fail not including PS4/5 in this, need to get the PC/PS4/5 crossplay up soon, got a friend on PC who I want to play with.

one step at a time, buddy. the first test completely crashed but now it's working. i'm sure ps4/5 test will be next

• Like 2

I have had no problems with the test so far, I did encounter a bug where I was stuck on a turret in railjack until we finished the mission(Xbox host, PC client) other than that connectivity has been working great and there's always at least one Xbox player in the lobby. Awesome work so far DE!

13 minutes ago, HeavyDeception said:

So when playing with xbox players and hunting for a lich they assassinated me and not the lich lol I don't know how it happened. I was next to the lich when it happened.

it's the console wars, they are going for the PC players now

• Like 2

Definitely enjoying this crossplay test. Aside from the known issue with look & mod config links not working cross platform, this test has been running very smoothly. Got to spend some time in Captura with a couple of my XBox homies for once, and it was AMAZING! Can't wait for this to be the norm across ALL platforms! Got some friends on Playstation I'd love to hook up with. :)

Greetings to all! 

I want to share my experience of crossplay with Xbox players. I play on pc. In the region chat, Xbox icons were clearly visible after the players' nicknames. Passing missions with Xbox randoms also did not cause problems: No crashes, no freezes, no mission failures. The ping remained the same as when playing with regular PC players.

There were no problems with joining a squad by invitation from an Xbox player and there were no glitches related to this. The same is true in the case of the PC player.

But it became interesting for me to check something and I decided to invite an Xbox player to my orbit with the location of the wanderer's camp and a fully upgraded kahla garrison. At first, the invitation did not go through, saying that an error could not be sent, and so 3 times, but on the third time everything turned out. The player has loaded onto my orbitr on the bridge. I began to ask him what he sees? He said that he did not see any decorations.But my orbiter in almost every room was littered with figurines, sculptures, posters, etc. 

In room 2, I had toys bought from cetus and they are placed around the kubrow incubator. The player didn't see them either. We went to the helminth room, there are also a couple of decorations there, but the player did not see anything. We went around all the rooms, but everywhere was empty.The same thing happened in the wanderer's camp. Outside, he saw the standard paint of my orbiter and liset. No decorations (I'm talking about the decoration that is placed on the nose of the fox). I took him to the camp of the Kahla garrison, which was upgraded to rank 5. My kahl was not dressed in stock cosmetics and was painted by me in different colors. I asked the player: How do you paint my Kahl? The player replied that everything is standard, there are no decorations and painting on my Kahl. Everything is standard. Then I asked the Xbox player to invite me to his orbit. Everything went surprisingly well. I quickly loaded into his orbitr. And the first thing I noticed about him was the vacuum cleaners. They were visible to me! I also saw the balls from the Sultry Days event, I could interact with them! I also saw some kind of decoration that floats in the air with a characteristic animation. I told him that I see it! So something can be seen in the orbit in visiting mode.

Then I invited an Xbox player to my dormitory. He didn't see anything there either. Even Vistagraph with a sound theme. Even a spoiler at the closed door and a characteristic melody. From the player's point of view, everything was standard without decorations. Then I told him that I would play shawzin. I began to play and then asked: Have you heard my play on the shawzin? He said no. Then he began to play the shawzin in my dormison and I heard him play clearly and loudly! Then an idea struck me: What if I placed an ornament in the air in front of his nose? I did as I thought. And asked what do you see? He replied: The golden child is rimmed on the statue. Then I repeated the placement trick 3 times and he saw everything.

That is, the visibility of decorations appears only at the time of their placement within 1 session on the side of the host whose location the Xbox player is visiting. And also the invisibility of decorations for the Xbox player does not apply to vacuum cleaners, balls from hot days and some other decorations (which ones need to be checked).

As a result, I would like PC players to be able to see all the decorations in the orbitra, dormizone, wanderer camp, kahla garrison from players from other platforms when these players invite PC players to their place.

P.S

Sorry if there is too much text. I hope that my feedback will help in further improvements to crossplay!

• Like 2