Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Hotfix 32.0.8

[DE]Megan

Hello,

nice.

I can't login to the game.

When Launcher is ready and want to load the game, I get the "Report Crash" pop up screen.

EE.log

[Error] Could not initialize AMD GPU Services.

Error [Info]: Exception 0x80000101 at 0x7f0930050a7c

I found here the wrong place:

2022/10/01 - 21:05 MESZ

Ok, I found the error.

It was sitting in front of the keyboard.

Oberon's Reckoning(his 4) does not strip armor correctly like every other changed WF ability in regards to using [Corrosive Projection]

If you use Nekros, Frost, or anyone else changed with the update to armor, their abilities will strip the correct amount of armor when Corrosive Projection is utilized as the aura.

Testing can be done by using said aura, getting Terrify to >82% armor strip, can be achieved easily with maxed Augur Secrets + Power Drift(This equals to 83.4% listed armor reduction on his 2), then going to a live mission, I tested with Adaro exterminate on Sedna and the Earth exterminate E-Prime. This strips all armor in one cast of Terrify. For me confirming that the -18% armor on Corrosive Projection is additive just like all other armor changes since the Veilbreaker update. This even works in Steel Path, and I don't see why it shouldn't considering despite the added armor from the SP modifier, Terrify and Corrosive Projection add up together to still equal >100%.

This can be tested with Frost's 4 having strip str over 82%, and even Trinity with the Abating Link augment(tested on both normal AND SP, it still works.) It ONLY doesn't work with Oberon's Reckoning. Please fix this.

EDIT: After FURTHER testing upon seeing a video. It seems that actually, Oberon's 4 strip DOES work with this corrosive projection interaction, however, it is not listed on his abilities that enemies need to stand in Oberon's 2 in order for his 4 to armor strip!!!! Please seperate these 2 functions or make it clear that they need to do that. I don't feel like this is a fair stand however, as other frames do not need 2 ability conditionals in order to armor strip completely. Barring that, the setup does work and I can even full strip SP enemies in one cast of his 4 so long as they are standing in Hallowed Ground.

On 2022-09-29 at 10:05 AM, Xaero said:

Regarding Prison Break bonus objectives - don't put collectibles past the point of no return! It's a real pain to re-check every room before entering the bolkor hoping you didn't miss anything.

Better suggestion. don't have a point of no return in the first place.

Hello DE!

I just got back after a long brake to see the update. I just noticed that my operator "Nyctalus Ephemera" is no longer matching the colors of it's "Emissary armor", and it won't change no matter what I try to do. Can you guys please check this?    

Capture.png

And the chat bugs?
It appears that unless you are in a chat channel, friends with, or clanmates with a person a lot of people "appear offline" when they arent.  This is effecting both my clans recruiting efforts with word of mouth recruiting (not from recruiting channel) as well as daily sales.  This came with veilbreaker. Whats the word on this? Is this known? being worked on?

On 2022-09-29 at 3:25 PM, Royal_Gargoyle said:

Edited 10 minutes later. I figured it might be important to add that I have to use logitech gaming software for my mouse in order to make a hotkey for the extra mouse buttons to work as instructed. Everything was working fine this morning before the patch therefore, I know that it is patch related.

Just as a point of comparison, I was able to rebind Crouch to mouse buttons 1 through 5 using Warframe's own keybind options page and it worked fine... ?

So...I know the love for old content is pretty much negligible.  That said, I decided to try some of the old stuff out...  Probably not a good idea.  That said.

1) The Mortus shoulder piece is now awarded to you about 50% of the time anecdotally...despite years ago the promise being you'd get credits if it was already in your inventory.  Gotta love the Granum Void.

2) The syndicate medallion in corpus ship tile sets with a rescue mission can still spawn above a tube in the jail area.

3) Holy crap, the Sisters are easy mode.  Two planets and I got all of the murmur standing I needed to shank one.  The Kuva Liches are...way worse.

4) Speaking of dead content, earning the ambassador still sucks.  Can you maybe make earning trash used for mastery rank match its investment?  Braton Vandal is still a severe stupid moment with regards to grind for a bad reward.

5) But what about the aya?  Yeah...  It's pretty stupid for us to cash in aya for 5 traces or 15 ducats.  Why would you when each relic is worth more than both rewards combined?  I can only imagine this is to let people earning hundreds of relics not have to grind...but 200 relics to get 1000 traces is baffling.  The sudden increase in regal aya costs is...enough of a problem.  It's basically a stealth return of the garbage that the community at large told you was unacceptable when it first happened...but here we are "accepting" it because it's packaged differently.  Some of us aren't...and you won't ever see a penny from me if you're going to pull this exploitation.

I'm staring down the barrel of meh mod upgrades, obviously time gated goods meant to increase engagement, boss fights that aren't fun because attenuation means they become a slog rather than a challenge, and all of this capped off by a game which seems more interested in the tax implications of charity work than fixing a severely divided community which three years ago tolerated the release of railjack with less negativity than recent events.  I...  I've got a Revenant Prime left in me, but as we get closer to Duviri and the stuff you teased three years ago it's getting to be harder and harder to find core content that is still working....  Maybe next pass you can dramatically bump the spawn of the Harrow blue print in the defection missions, and likewise make the mission not fail because idiot #125678 decided to get caught on a corner and will die because the AI is incapable of moving 6" to the left to path find properly?  Maybe any of the above issues can get addressed?

I ask because at this point it feels like we have the idle month of October dedicated to one event.  We have November as a run-up to December.  December is a 2-3 week month.  Based upon trends the main update before the end of year push is going to be part 6 in the Veilbreaker slog.  It's just...I don't really think it's unreasonable to ask why the biggest new content is a 20% chance of getting a thing designed to break the balance of the game....so that new players are one more step away from being able to be onboarded because it'll literally be a year before they can get stuff...because rewards are controlled by login days and artificial waiting gates.  Unless you're willing to spend money...then about 80% of those gates vanish.

Before you criticize, let's break it down.

You can spend money to buy most content.

You can buy stuff, to complete research instantly.

You can remove 99% of timers with cash.

You can buy boosters to halve play time requirements.

This may not be pay to win....but it's hard to see this game as reasonably better than pay to skip useless and unfun grind by RNG torture.  This...was not the case years ago...and it's why despite the broken nature of railjack and scarlet spear there wasn't nearly as much toxicity as the AoE change has brought.  I could be wrong though.  Of course, if I am, then you've got a COD style community that wants to self destruct.  

On 2022-09-29 at 7:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed cases of the Narmer Scyto Raknoid teleporting to places where it shouldn’t in the Break Narmer Sneaky Sabotage mission. 

Nope. Still doing it. Can not complete mission. :(

On 2022-09-30 at 4:23 AM, Hobie-wan said:

I have had toggle crouch set to mouse thumb button 4 for years and mine still works as it always has with today's update. I'm not using any extra mouse software at all. So whatever broke on your setup must have been from something else, not the game update.

So roll back that misplaced frustration and see what else might have changed on your PC since you last played. Maybe Windows or the extra mouse software you're using updated?

No, it absolutely was the update as the problem was fixed after an uninstall, and re-install of the game. But nice try playing big brother.

On 2022-10-03 at 6:55 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

Just as a point of comparison, I was able to rebind Crouch to mouse buttons 1 through 5 using Warframe's own keybind options page and it worked fine... ?

yeah, the problem was that it didnt matter what I set crouch to in game, nor which mouse button I assigned it to on my mouse. It just wouldn't crouch. Is a moot point now however as an uninstall/re-install fixed the issue without any other changes made. I just assume I got a bad download.

Archived