Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add an option to open and close the skylight on the orbiter

DragonManipulator372

An option to close the skylight would be a great addition to the orbiter. As it stands now, the orbiter is simply too bright and nothing seems to fix it. Glare, Ambient Occlusion, Dynamic Lighting, etc.
For reference, this is what the old orbiter used to look like...and it's glorious. (This picture doesn't belong to me, though.) This kind of ambient lighting and the subtle glow to everything is so much better than "giant skylight lighting everywhere".

2CsdPe8.jpg

To add, it'd be fun if the Orbiter gradually opened up, and opening the skylight was a part of this. Imagine if during the first parts of Vor's prize you at first couldn't leave the Liset, then you get access to the main room midway through VP, then the rear section opened up during the Second Dream, then the skylight (which can now be closed) opens after you get the railjack, you get the personal quarters after the War Within and then you get the massive Drifter's Camp.

The visual progress to be able to actually see your base of operations grow from a tiny cramped cockpit to then a moody military spaceship, to something more resembling a home would be an excellent touch to the New Player experience I think.

On 2022-09-30 at 2:35 AM, Loza03 said:

To add, it'd be fun if the Orbiter gradually opened up, and opening the skylight was a part of this. Imagine if during the first parts of Vor's prize you at first couldn't leave the Liset, then you get access to the main room midway through VP, then the rear section opened up during the Second Dream, then the skylight (which can now be closed) opens after you get the railjack, you get the personal quarters after the War Within and then you get the massive Drifter's Camp.

The visual progress to be able to actually see your base of operations grow from a tiny cramped cockpit to then a moody military spaceship, to something more resembling a home would be an excellent touch to the New Player experience I think.

I agree with this, and I think it would be a nice cosmetic form of progression, like, the more you help the system, the more light shines through as a metaphor.

UPDATE: Apparently I'm hardly the first one to suggest this; a quick google search revealed a whole host of threads about wanting a "close skylight" option. It's really good to know I'm not alone in this.

On 2022-09-30 at 5:29 AM, DragonManipulator372 said:

UPDATE: Apparently I'm hardly the first one to suggest this; a quick google search revealed a whole host of threads about wanting a "close skylight" option. It's really good to know I'm not alone in this.

I was one of those many Tenno that suggested this back in the day. I rally miss my dark room, it gave off an incredible atmosphere ^^

1 hour ago, Kaggelos said:

I was one of those many Tenno that suggested this back in the day. I rally miss my dark room, it gave off an incredible atmosphere ^^

It really does; I understand it may have been too dark for some people but it could be toggled on and off. Plus, we're space ninjas; a darker, more ambient atmosphere would make for better self-reflection and meditation, no? :P

Archived