Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Archon mods are only for speific warframe but for who is archon continuity for?

Boomshakalaka.

It works with Grendel but he does not need it since he armour strips them. 
Saryn  Toxic lash doesn't seem to work.
Which warframe benfits from this mod.
And since we are on the topic of Archon mods. Which order should I get them in?
For example I went for archon vitality first and then archon stretch. Since heat proc is busted on Lavos, decent on  protea and okey on Ember.
Stretch is godlike on Gyre and decent on volt. Of course, this can be good on other warframe that need that regen by subsuming Gyre and having Coil horizon to proc the archon stretch.

10 minutes ago, Boomshakalaka. said:

Of course, this can be good on other warframe that need that regen by subsuming Gyre and having Coil horizon to proc the archon stretch.

I've tried doing this, but it doesn't seem like the energy gains are significant enough to warrant building around it. It seems like the Archon mods are just bonuses for frames who were already doing something, rather than creative build options.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

I've tried doing this, but it doesn't seem like the energy gains are significant enough to warrant building around it. It seems like the Archon mods are just bonuses for frames who were already doing something, rather than creative build options.

thats what the mods are for, not every mod is created equally OP. some as you mentioned are just there to enhance existent builds.

A couple of frames can proc it but a fun use case I found for it is putting Larva + Larva Burst onto a frame. Gives you enemy grouping, an ok nuke, and some armor stripping all in one ability.

Something funny about the mod showing Saryn though is that she technically can proc the mod but only with the detonation damage on Molt. Though I don't think the mod would be that useful even if it worked with Toxic Lash since she already has Spores and Venom Dose for applying Corrosive procs.

Many people say you can use continuity on exalted weapons, but why would you in the first place?

Toxin with continuity produces a corrosive proc, but you've likely already decided to not use corrosive+heat over viral+heat, so why would you want toxin+corrosive where you dont even benefit from the actual upfront corrosive damage? Toxin+Blast? Toxin+Radiation? Toxin+Magnetic? All very much wasted.

44 minutes ago, Boomshakalaka. said:

Saryn  Toxic lash doesn't seem to work.

13 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

This is actually quite sad, since I got it for her and she is even on the picture.
Now I tested it and you are right, Toxic leach doesnt work.

Thats because Toxic Lash doesnt deal Innate Toxic damage, it adds a Toxic modifier to your weapons.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

thats what the mods are for, not every mod is created equally OP. some as you mentioned are just there to enhance existent builds.

I don't expect them all to be equally useful or strong. I rather expect them to have a gimmick that is viable or useful in some very specific builds. But archon continuity has no value at all. Why waste to max this mod over primed continuity? It drains more, the effect is none existence. 
The frames that can use it can't afford the mod slot, nor valuable enough to replace it with, let's say stretch or augur reach.  It almost gets outclassed by mods like "provoked". 

And should always be replaced by other mods that not necessarily are meta mods but that give more value. Like lvl 1 ammo drum outclasses this archon mod so hard it isn't funny. You are better off having an empty slot then use this hot garbage that's overpriced and doesn't bring a little crumb to the table for the warframes. I'm not saying this from 1 perspective but I'm looking all the possible ways and I can't find none that says that an empty mod slot is more worth then equipping this unfathomable useless hot garbage "mod"

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Many people say you can use continuity on exalted weapons, but why would you in the first place?

Toxin with continuity produces a corrosive proc, but you've likely already decided to not use corrosive+heat over viral+heat, so why would you want toxin+corrosive where you dont even benefit from the actual upfront corrosive damage? Toxin+Blast? Toxin+Radiation? Toxin+Magnetic? All very much wasted.

I was looking at the exact same thing especially on exalted weapons.

Like if I want toxic it's because of shields. Basically so if I'm fighting something with shields, I probably don't need corrosive..

If I'm fighting something with armor, I want viral and it's more effective than corrosive, I can't have viral and toxic together on an exalted weapon though and even stuff like Nourish Strike will just add to the viral instead of making a separate proc..

I don't actually understand this mod. Is there an exalted weapon that can use this well like does Excalibur's blade let you put a compound status effect on and then get toxic separately?

What is this mod's secret? ^^;

It has to have an effective use somewhere lol

The closest thing I tried to make it work so far was using Larva Burst but it's basically pointless to put one stack on enemies at a time, I don't think larva can even go off fast enough to give significant armor strip before each proc just wears off and like.. I can literally just choose to subsume something like Tharros strike and strip all defenses instead of doing something weird like this.

The answer is hiding somewhere?

Or maybe this mod is actually just useless. It just sort of seems like it but I want to believe -_-

It works with toxin damage added to Zephyr's tornados.

As for exalted, I can see it working for melee exalted (not that I put Continuity on Baruuk in the first place) because it's not uncommon to mod your melee for toxin, and depend on guns/pets/abilities for other status effects and armour stripping.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

continuity is absolutely for Lavos and possiby saryn as lavos #1 is toxin based 100% of time and you have option to add just toxin to all of his abilities .

Saryns #3 adds toxin damage to all weapons and double damage to her mele

Lavos is better if you mod him for heat proc and his ultimate with archon vitality too double dip that dmg.
Also toxin is good against corpus, so why would you need corrosive in that situation? When they only have shields most of the time

3 hours ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

continuity is absolutely for Lavos and possiby saryn as lavos #1 is toxin based 100% of time and you have option to add just toxin to all of his abilities .

Three of Lavos's four abilities get absolutely no benefit from duration so the base mod is absolutely worthless for him and I can't think of a single situation where toxin with a corrosive proc is going to outperform just infusing viral.  

For Saryn, as people have mentioned previously in this thread, it doesn't proc from Toxic Lash at all.  Not that it would it would provide any meaningful benefit if it did since just existing on the same map as a halfway competent Saryn means that an enemy will have a full stack of corrosive debuffs.

4 hours ago, zuraja said:

Three of Lavos's four abilities get absolutely no benefit from duration so the base mod is absolutely worthless for him and I can't think of a single situation where toxin with a corrosive proc is going to outperform just infusing viral. 

actually they do having tested numerous builds duration actually affects the status length from his abilitites

6 hours ago, Boomshakalaka. said:

Lavos is better if you mod him for heat proc and his ultimate with archon vitality too double dip that dmg.
Also toxin is good against corpus, so why would you need corrosive in that situation? When they only have shields most of the time

Umm no he looses a ton of his survivability if use the archon mod for it armor health power strength are primary things for him.  I ran with a rando modded that way with the heat proc mod.  I spent half mission picking him up off floor.  100 times better to just run all 3 umbral mods the archon continuity  and just run a decent high damage weapon or a decently moded cedo as it has passive condition overload and then also a passive ammo mutation when held by lavos.  with 2400+ armor and 2320 health it takes a whole lot to knock him down.  me and my friend both on lavos and both with cedo as well as running moa pets with helstrum modded for 100% status.  can hit 1 hour + on SP survivals that we dont even realize we been there an hour because we get distracted by goofing off like going into operator and void slinging to send an enemy ping pong bouncing around map.  simply becasue we got bored with how easy they are and how quickly we work way threw them given the sheer ammount of statuses we throw out to multply the damage from condition overload

12 hours ago, (PSN)Cargan2016 said:

Lavos has no use for duration though. It only effect status duration overall, so the only need is to keep it at 100%. And you have to waste damage on his skills by only using toxin, and versus the faction where priming with toxin is worth it, corrosive has zero use, just as it has no use versus infested. Corpus = Toxin or Gas, Infested = Gas, Grineer = Heat or Gas.

11 hours ago, Boomshakalaka. said:

Sadly Archon Vitality doesnt double dip the good damage, it only adds a normal heat proc. You are better off with full umbra on him and combining gas on your #4 which wrecks all factions. Piercing Roar on a high range and high strength lavos build gives a very easy extra status on every enemy that your ultimate will reach aswell, plus it adds a nice damage buff to you and practically anyone you happen to play with.

41 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Lavos has no use for duration though. It only effect status duration overall, so the only need is to keep it at 100%. And you have to waste damage on his skills by only using toxin, and versus the faction where priming with toxin is worth it, corrosive has zero use, just as it has no use versus infested. Corpus = Toxin or Gas, Infested = Gas, Grineer = Heat or Gas.

Sadly Archon Vitality doesnt double dip the good damage, it only adds a normal heat proc. You are better off with full umbra on him and combining gas on your #4 which wrecks all factions. Piercing Roar on a high range and high strength lavos build gives a very easy extra status on every enemy that your ultimate will reach aswell, plus it adds a nice damage buff to you and practically anyone you happen to play with.

Wait so no priming them with an epitath with heat and viral and bane mod along with archon vitality doesn't make it double dip?

18 minutes ago, Boomshakalaka. said:

Wait so no priming them with an epitath with heat and viral and bane mod along with archon vitality doesn't make it double dip?

You will get 1 extra heat proc at half strength on Catalyst. The bane mod will never do anything for Catalyst though, since that only improves the damage your weapon deals. Catalyst only cares about number of unique statuses on target.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You will get 1 extra heat proc at half strength on Catalyst. The bane mod will never do anything for Catalyst though, since that only improves the damage your weapon deals. Catalyst only cares about number of unique statuses on target.

So the weapons bane won't do anything.
But why doesn't the archon vitality work on Lavos 4th ability? Also, how is this calculated? Is it doubling all it after counting in the amount of different status effect working or just the base?

Archived