Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If veiled riven mods don't count against the player's total, why can't I do sorties?

Troll_Logic

Question

On 2022-11-02 at 1:37 PM, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

Once you get to your max (for arguments sake let's say 180) you can then buy from Teshin, Iron Wake, Cephalon, etc., other players (as long as they were never equipped,) get riven bundle log in rewards, and will be able to do sorties and Archon hunts; you just won't be able to equip them to reveal the challenge.  You actually won't be able  to get over the limit anymore with these changes which is a pretty good thing imo. 

Don't bother with engaging the Troll OP. They've been told already the answer and they just won't accept it.

On 2022-11-02 at 1:37 PM, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

Once you get to your max (for arguments sake let's say 180) you can then buy from Teshin, Iron Wake, Cephalon, etc., other players (as long as they were never equipped,) get riven bundle log in rewards, and will be able to do sorties and Archon hunts; you just won't be able to equip them to reveal the challenge.  You actually won't be able  to get over the limit anymore with these changes which is a pretty good thing imo. 

100% correct, although I'm not sure what that has to do with DE's oversight. 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Clearly not or you would have understood by now why you cannot run sorties.

This is what I love about the internet.  Some yahoo that has nothing to do with anything can't resist inserting himself into a random conversation to score a point in his head.  And a quick check of your reputation/posts proves it.

<.gif of the point flying over your head>

3 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Yes.  I'm over.  But I can still buy rivens so why can't I do the sorties?

Read what I typed again. I'm thinking it may be because you were already over when the change happened. If you's only gone over after the change, it might be fine.

On 2022-10-14 at 4:01 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Were you over the limit when the change happened?

Yes.  I'm over.  But I can still buy rivens so why can't I do the sorties?

On 2022-10-14 at 5:50 PM, xXDragonGodXx said:

If you already have sorted this out, and still can't do sorties, then this is not a oversight but a bug to be reported.

I think it was an oversight because it was put in and not taken out.

Before the change, you  would not be allowed to do more sorties because of having 1 more riven than you would have space for. So if you still have that 1+ riven above your max riven slots, that is a carryover from the previous system. And while you can acquire rivens from vendors that are from the new system. (Aka. not countable towards your max riven slots) you will not be able to do sorties until your situation from before the change have been sorted. If you already have sorted this out, and still can't do sorties, then this is not a oversight but a bug to be reported. As this was covered in a PSA about the change.

Were you over the limit when the change happened? If your account already had the flag for 'sortie not allowed' set at that time, maybe you'll need to get under the limit again so that the flag reset and newly added ones can go into the overage pile as intended. I'd been over the 180 limit a few times due to rivens from logins, but I was back at 180 when the update happened and I've been able to do sorties and such ok.

On 2022-10-06 at 2:44 PM, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

Ah, there's your problem

Right.  But if I can still buy rivens while over the limit, then I should be able to play the sorties as well.

On 2022-10-06 at 2:44 PM, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

That is probably a residual mechanic before they made the not counting towards riven limit before equipping. 

Exactly.  It's a bug or an oversight.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

I've over the limit by three.  But that shouldn't matter.  I understood when DE prevented people from playing sorties and buying rivens when they were over the limit.  But that's changed now.  Players can buy rivens when they are over the limit, so why can't they play the sorties? 

Ah, there's your problem,  You can play them when at your limit, but not over your limit (even though at this point they won't count against the limit when acquired.)  You shouldn't be able to buy them from vendors as well until you get to your limit max or under.  That is probably a residual mechanic before they made the not counting towards riven limit before equipping.  Sell, endo some, buy more space, or transfuse and you should be good to go.

On 2022-10-03 at 4:37 AM, Achlevius said:

I would say double-check your Riven capacity (are you sure you didn't go over the limit somehow?) and if it seems like you should be able to run Sorties, post in the bug forum (with screenshots).

On 2022-10-04 at 12:01 PM, (XBOX)MarineDawg said:

I have 180/180 on two accounts (veiled never equipped not in that total) and can do the Sortie and Archon battles with no issue.  Check your total again, if you don't get the "you're at your limit" message when returning to the Orbiter/Camp Site you should be able to Sortie it up. 

I've over the limit by three.  But that shouldn't matter.  I understood when DE prevented people from playing sorties and buying rivens when they were over the limit.  But that's changed now.  Players can buy rivens when they are over the limit, so why can't they play the sorties? 

14 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

After the change, players can't do the sorties, but we can buy new rivens.  I just tested it.  I think it's a bug/oversight by DE. 

I have 15/15 Rivens and I just did today's Sortie without any issues or warnings.

And the best part?

My reward was a(n unidentified Melee) Riven. 😅

I would say double-check your Riven capacity (are you sure you didn't go over the limit somehow?) and if it seems like you should be able to run Sorties, post in the bug forum (with screenshots).

2 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Yeah, but new rivens are veiled.

Here's the thing.  Before the "unidentified riven don't count change," players couldn't do sorties and they couldn't buy new rivens.  After the change, players can't do the sorties, but we can buy new rivens.  I just tested it.  I think it's a bug/oversight by DE.  Anyway, even if the player is over the riven limit, they should be able to play the sorties.

And players certainly don't need to be constantly reminded they can't play the sorties because they are over the riven limit.

Yup, you'll just have to dissolve/transmute/trade a riven or two to get back under your riven limit. As you said, since new veiled rivens don't count towards your total anymore, in theory, once you're back under your limit, you shouldn't ever have this issue again.

If you want DE to remove the restriction on sortie, you could try leave comments in the feedback section, but I wouldn't hold your breath. With the way the system works now, the problem has (almost) solved itself.

13 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

If you were over your riven limit prior to that change, it didn't affect any of those rivens. The change (i.e. veiled rivens not counting towards your limit) only applies to new rivens. 

Yeah, but new rivens are veiled.

13 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

The whole "being over the limit prevents you from doing sorties" wasn't removed (although it doesn't seem to apply the archon hunt at all, possibly because DE figures everyone will just dissolve a riven or 3 to get back under the limit, and then we'll never hit this issue again).

Here's the thing.  Before the "unidentified riven don't count change," players couldn't do sorties and they couldn't buy new rivens.  After the change, players can't do the sorties, but we can buy new rivens.  I just tested it.  I think it's a bug/oversight by DE.  Anyway, even if the player is over the riven limit, they should be able to play the sorties.

And players certainly don't need to be constantly reminded they can't play the sorties because they are over the riven limit.

If you were over your riven limit prior to that change, it didn't affect any of those rivens. The change (i.e. veiled rivens not counting towards your limit) only applies to new rivens. 

The whole "being over the limit prevents you from doing sorties" wasn't removed (although it doesn't seem to apply the archon hunt at all, possibly because DE figures everyone will just dissolve a riven or 3 to get back under the limit, and then we'll never hit this issue again).

22 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Right.  But the rivens won from sorties are unidentified. 

Yes , and they don't count towards the limit.

22 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

So why can someone do sorties if they are over the limit?

Will need to test , i currently have 190 rivens (175 unveiled , 2 veiled , 13 unidentified ) i can do sorties , will check when I reach 180 veiled what happens.

But i think it should be impossible to exceed your max veiled Riven count.

18 hours ago, (PSN)kite9000 said:

In other words, as soon as you know the challenge it counts towards the total of rivens owned.

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

There are currently 4 forms rivens take ,

Unclassified : when they are in a shop like palladinos (these obviously don't count to Riven limit) and you don't even know what they are 

Unidentified (but classified) : Rivens which say they are melee,  primary , shotgun etc. They don't have challenges visible   they don't count towards the limit.

Identified (but veiled) : Rivens that show what challenges need to be completed , these count to the Riven limit.

Unveiled : Rivens that have their challenge completed , they count towards the limit.

Right.  But the rivens won from sorties are unidentified.  So why can someone do sorties if they are over the limit?

There are currently 4 forms rivens take ,

Unclassified : when they are in a shop like palladinos (these obviously don't count to Riven limit) and you don't even know what they are 

Unidentified (but classified) : Rivens which say they are melee,  primary , shotgun etc. They don't have challenges visible   they don't count towards the limit.

Identified (but veiled) : Rivens that show what challenges need to be completed , these count to the Riven limit.

Unveiled : Rivens that have their challenge completed , they count towards the limit.

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

Right, but aren't rivens from sorties veiled?

Ah, hmm.  You know what, I'm not sure then.  It's possible this is an oversight / bug...

...but then, I have 15/15 Rivens + a few veiled ones and I swear I was able to run a Sortie last night...or am I misremembering?

I'll try running the one today and see what happens...

Archived