Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 164 Overview

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)A Guy Thats Fat said:

How about instead of nerfing AOE weapons...crazy idea, but BUFF THE SINGLE TARGET WEAPONS.

AOE is used most because Warframe is a horde shooter. In most instances killing as many enemies as you can in a short time is the goal.

I for one would love to use a mass majority of weapons that don't have AOE. It's impossible because no matter how fast you can kill 1 target it doesn't even come close to AOE and never will.

This argument makes no logical sense.

They shouldn't nerf AoE weapons because they will always be better than single target weapons but instead they should buff single target weapons...but they will never be as good as AoE weapons.

Wut? 🤪

17 минут назад, TomCruisesSon сказал:

New frame looks dope as hell, like a mixture between a Xenomorph Queen and Diablo in the 3rd game. I'd her kit looks good it might be my first Day 1 purchase of a frame.

Better wait a week or two.

Last two frames got severly nerfed after some time have passed, day 1 performance is not an indicator of how usefull or fun she'll be.

4 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

They shouldn't nerf AoE weapons because they will always be better than single target weapons but instead they should buff single target weapons...because they will never be as good as AoE weapons.

Wut? 🤪

Yeah no....

You are reading what I wrote wrong.

I meant in regards to these changes they keep proposing for AOE. Adding self damage back wouldn't bother me. I used explosives back then as well.

My issue is that they never propose any significant change to the other weapon class. A 3x headshot multiplier isn't good enough.

The only single target weapons that are useful outside of Eidolon hunts have AOE on them. Trumna, Stahlta, etc.

The Phenmor however was a nice change finally a weapon with great killing efficiency that has no AOE component... It can be done

Thats what I want. Let me get on the game and make me feel like I can actually go chill in a survival using a Boltor and not have to worry about scrounging up life support past 15 min. 

1 hour ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

The fact they're even considering nerfing AoE more just shows how out of touch they are with their playerbase. Unless they want to actively kill their game, I hope those ideas stay on the cutting room floor.

I for one LOVE the fact they're not backing down on the AoE nerfs and instead are even considering more. Because that's exactly how I feel as well. I don't think DE is out of touch with the player base, maybe they're just not in the "afk spammers", "anything goes" camp anymore, and now have a more clear vision of what they want the game to be and have more balls to make it happen than Steve and Scott ever did. Like for real, despite all the challenges to try to create content for a game with so much power creep and broken balance, I think WF with Rebb and Pablo in charge have already done MUCH more to improve WF's balance and endgame with AoZ and Veilbreakers than the previous team have done in several years. Reworked Eximus, AoE nerfs, SP Fissures and Sorties (ie. archon hunt), new dynamic, fun and fast scaling endless modes (cascade, flood).. haven't had this much hope for WF's future in a while now. 

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)A Guy Thats Fat said:

Yeah no....

You are reading what I wrote wrong.

I meant in regards to these changes they keep proposing for AOE. Adding self damage back wouldn't bother me. I used explosives back then as well.

My issue is that they never propose any significant change to the other weapon class. A 3x headshot multiplier isn't good enough.

The only single target weapons that are useful outside of Eidolon hunts have AOE on them. Trumna, Stahlta, etc.

The Phenmor however was a nice change finally a weapon with great killing efficiency that has no AOE component... It can be done

Thats what I want. Let me get on the game and make me feel like I can actually go chill in a survival using a Boltor and not have to worry about scrounging up life support past 15 min. 

While single-target weapons could use a buff in general, I don't think they could buff it to the point where they'd compete with the problematic AoE weapons.  Remember, no one complained about the Staticor, or the Lenz.  Maybe the Proboscis Cernos.  It's really just the the outrageous outliers like Kuva Bramma / Ogris / Zarr (the latter two's standard variant wasn't even an issue) that are causing the problem, hence, why they're more likely to nerf these small handful of weapons rather than buff the other 500 weapons in the game...

...But, it doesn't sound like they want to do that (specific nerfs to specific weapons), hence, why I think they're making such sweeping changes.

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)A Guy Thats Fat said:

How about instead of nerfing AOE weapons...crazy idea, but BUFF THE SINGLE TARGET WEAPONS.

AOE is used most because Warframe is a horde shooter. In most instances killing as many enemies as you can in a short time is the goal.

I for one would love to use a mass majority of weapons that don't have AOE. It's impossible because no matter how fast you can kill 1 target it doesn't even come close to AOE and never will.

You can keep nerfing AOE and Melee, but they will always be the best until they are nerfed so bad they can't be used.

So buff the weaker options, make game modes that dont require killing efficiency as the goal. 

Top tier single target weapons surpass killing of enemies when enemies aren't as pathetically flimsy as they are within encouraged content, including SP.

Biggest problem with single target weapons is one has to get to very high level enemies before single target weapons are able to show just how strong they can be., so the problem isn't actually how strong single target weapons are, but rather the imbalance in player power vs enemy durability.

36 minutes ago, ToKeSia said:

Why do people want Sheev ? it is an old weapons and were easily obtained from invasion.

Disposition, and people forget invasions cycle and miss them.

13 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

There's balance and then there's trying to perform brain surgery with a chainsaw.

The proposed changes certainly fit into the latter category.

What do you think an actual brain surgeon would say if they read this nonsense? Just curious.

7 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

While single-target weapons could use a buff in general, I don't think they could buff it to the point where they'd compete with the problematic AoE weapons.  Remember, no one complained about the Staticor, or the Lenz.  Maybe the Proboscis Cernos.  It's really just the the outrageous outliers like Kuva Bramma / Ogris / Zarr (the latter two's standard variant wasn't even an issue) that are causing the problem, hence, why they're more likely to nerf these small handful of weapons rather than buff the other 500 weapons in the game...

...But, it doesn't sound like they want to do that (specific nerfs to specific weapons), hence, why I think they're making such sweeping changes.

Thats what I am saying they dont even need to drastically buff single target weapons.

They can make them more useful by making more gamemodes or mission types that wont require me to kill as many enemies as quick as I possibly can.

Disruption, Archon Hunts, and Eidolon hunts are all great for single target weapons. Most of the game however is based on killing efficiency. (Defense, Interception, Survival, Sanctuary Onslaught, Arbitrations, etc.)

50 minutes ago, Achlevius said:

They shouldn't nerf AoE weapons because they will always be better than single target weapons but instead they should buff single target weapons...but they will never be as good as AoE weapons.

Wut? 🤪

Horde shooter. While I don't necessarily agree with the 'just buff single target guns' approach, this is a systematic issue. If AOE guns become weak enough/have enough drawbacks to the point where some people prefer to not use them....then those people aren't going to go back to single target guns. They're going to go for frames. Titania, Harrow, Mesa, Xaku, Revenant, you get the idea. Titania (and Harrow, though his deal is more-so ESO content while Titania's a relic runner) herself far exceeds what AOE guns are capable of. We've all seen her in our missions, it's impossible to have not seen her ever since the Helminth system became widely available. And she's recently gotten significantly better. 

But, for the sake of the argument, lets say Titania is a problem and she'd be next on the chopping block. Say... can't cast subsumed abilities while in Razorwing. Sounds like it'd be a reasonable approach for a nerf, right? That's probably what I'd do. Is Harrow taking the ESO Kings and Queens' lunch money a problem? Sure, sure, Thurible no longer grants energy through kills obtained through your ability damage. Simply decreasing the amount of energy he'd get per kill wouldn't work. Okay. Now, who's next. Revenant's 4? Mesa's 4? All Xaku needs is a decent enough group of enemies and they're set. Is Xaku okay as is, is the fact that they need to fulfill a condition in order to start slaughtering relic runs the thing that keeps them in line?

11 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

Top tier single target weapons surpass killing of enemies when enemies aren't as pathetically flimsy as they are within encouraged content, including SP.

Biggest problem with single target weapons is one has to get to very high level enemies before single target weapons are able to show just how strong they can be., so the problem isn't actually how strong single target weapons are, but rather the imbalance in player power vs enemy durability.

I completely agree, there are many different sides to making things better. I just dont see this nerf AOE crusade leading to anything good for the game. It's just going back to 2014-2016 when AOE did self damage... big deal it won't change anything.

9 minutes ago, McRibbles said:

Horde shooter. While I don't necessarily agree with the 'just buff single target guns' approach, this is a systematic issue. If AOE guns become weak enough/have enough drawbacks to the point where some people prefer to not use them....then those people aren't going to go back to single target guns. They're going to go for frames. Titania, Harrow, Mesa, Xaku, Revenant, you get the idea. Titania (and Harrow, though his deal is more-so ESO content while Titania's a relic runner) herself far exceeds what AOE guns are capable of. We've all seen her in our missions, it's impossible to have not seen her ever since the Helminth system became widely available. And she's recently gotten significantly better. 

But, for the sake of the argument, lets say Titania is a problem and she'd be next on the chopping block. Say... can't cast subsumed abilities while in Razorwing. Sounds like it'd be a reasonable approach for a nerf, right? That's probably what I'd do. Is Harrow taking the ESO Kings and Queens' lunch money a problem? Sure, sure, Thurible no longer grants energy through kills obtained through your ability damage. Simply decreasing the amount of energy he'd get per kill wouldn't work. Okay. Now, who's next. Revenant's 4? Mesa's 4? All Xaku needs is a decent enough group of enemies and they're set. Is Xaku okay as is, is the fact that they need to fulfill a condition in order to start slaughtering relic runs the thing that keeps them in line?

I'm not sure I understand what point you are trying to make here.

It seems like you're saying, if they nerf AoE weapons so they're about as good as single-target weapons, then AoE players will just gravitate towards AoE nuke / DPS frames, which the devs will then nerf because...?

🤔

6 minutes ago, McRibbles said:

Yeah like where does the nerfing end and the actual balancing of everything begin. All I have seen in the past 3 years is nerfs and no significant buffs to anything else.

Like I dont care about them nerfing AOE weapons. It's WHY they are nerfing AOE. Ask first why AOE is the most used and most popular. Why has your game devolved into a AFK shooter? Why dont people use these other weapons? Why do people only use a handful of frames for ESO? Etc.

Stats dont mean S#&$ if you dont understand them first. So just nerfing the explosives because 90%+ people use them is stupid.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

V8K0Tv9NtFQSb1fQBfgmVQItftBuI0ERQ_QXLMbpCL3Y3-S5CFwhkOOHO5dneeRGXriZ5DIJ9QHdzhuNUjPN6J55pC8VOqG031dBj2YmDTC6kGqcjRwYRT9fnwcS167LjdPkpzgcIALZjeZfDCVvGHXbAUxHgIrk0XmT9lMSBCgg1ZkFuk9jhdWkIQ

Welcome to Another Devstream Overview #164 

News

Reveal hidden contents

Tennotober -oct 1st

GQ4AgH4cEImAgUxnxZKhUw54DMRoyDZodrESy3AqvgQjMBLZSrlYtZi-3E0q3kpnsvrmzq-Ld_DAhq0ELQLpqOY_RUlDpWAsRWQtJS7KZz-J0wwvVeHZCA6btO7mw3FkEIG9gYDpBYvhdsIwVAXYdi4LvMAM306Bw1BUB-dUTUijO3tRa2PmZKSDhA 
Quest to conquer cancer 

lrkpEji32JWCHap2dXo_XcfNNK869-5nHXovbMWf3Oxr56xLUgIbKaZMgJaLjs_MWYXKrFZcCuJ5YjHnbqre9fQqeTH-hJsioJ4JwYe4nMe78RJcwmfdaw31cAQzi09Qf-OmCWWTGb-biP2akghsBuee70OGwyqQgPpAjQRwkhBVN7JO0CozsNLxgAoRPYNnqFDzAoqS6SCzkJHE3-zn0S2JsTDP7deZz64CLE1t8LIl1W9bWXI7qLBiP-O2ZI63CO7rpPzKRnsWcV2giAh74jhElRPTx7dBD5ayLXAVMWKw5PZSN1g-0BuIY2dE4jQ4B9c2ofBiE5JxAWB6hhr2mFrmhk1nbNGWgO4lM00chk003qoA7cCAZkuZrC9TlSqXx5MZMGhrpE9NIuCmqIXhFezI2tdrpxAq50HSccmo6ZN_gMEpwGTZsnHn7-M8G_VrJP7bMeVXJ87S--EMHIPeZFU7H4_1NXFMXkbR_JzcKy8H3XqvFFGpX_j71rnZto0m94LGl7tNJxM-h491-qMM4yd8LIMA7ndONTqT_L8Xk5r1qgJG1kShMVBuj14hHMq0bh1aZxeBIkUz3La1msbvRtnfROyvEPg8dMM_uTyQvlm8xiBfHiZgTpUix88FYE9L4LVnh0G9usG4Bj5n1d-EEH6W_2942pGO2632xQA2yfwRrd0i9u_6hPzmmvyuoPuk56O9Tr1bjttBuZMOl4jI467sWg8qD08p6pAdDsowV5D99LivuuAyWtpfJqww30o8sFNGy98Va7Mho6Dv9CSZVH-AFYZwReRO7whFiuwQCjmiJ0uidBBpQSxqYEWw5a0RuuT0Azq_hb7SIGT_GNWMY1V5vzqSRfBN4ni_nOBKNjFlWNU9WbIqD6ny_zohEvavBCVAI6bxguIQDcoiFAVfP8fSU9-2VMaUDg
Nights of Naberus -oct 5th

35RLfHwoKZdb_DaqKaw8ID6b2EmADd2r3jX54jgl_8XxTM8ViAOdxwV6R0vbDCglGeYt4T9XzThexBhCbbm5uiJn1zS75JDRcJH07sNXgEr8K5v8hyNVsqYK-PlpPjTquvxD-OWBqnOqRlZBGTW8VCNe8Uo6hj072IkkdSF1iSZwNdOSCj80G8xTcA

Naberus (clip)
https://clips.twitch.tv/BrightAmazonianSwanPeanutButterJellyTime-lZtnqJsjkLCkyoGP

Game Development 

Reveal hidden contents

Cross play -random tests , cross play when stable cross save will be next 

sVREqWZZl5MRAkfSCZKEXpRTzKvbzyOVHeDiICOd8ZJyIcBqoc9K1SbxpCiFRnysrILcN06VRgLPaHBQVEn6SGMH3tae8-mxc9ZX80iMaQXa_RkrwYYVEzb9jH9e73vlvsFZ83AlO55io6ySwVs7nIj1iyHQgIBruj2gMOXD1Ra8uXLhKuEz4-h9Vg

Echos of veil breaker

Jbuo8S1lGRWjptDHRJqEcIqz-xpvAR4wpUa_sN9FWnmOmCsjhAtf1MZUopw8rnhlSdiEmukrfP5JQAyHI50vXIl7oX3P7jmUTYPlNJEOGcPmr4mF99U5X226xcf9Y-p4pRe_du7YnngxKNZM4SthmY8Y4PHYwBupSfPjiNvhunT9XpEXkmd0qlKxKA

Ostron cove 
https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalThankfulPieItsBoshyTime-fiaLnxoN_-6bI-oR

Scootch? Liset (grineer ship from prior)

Drifter

• (all warframe armor to be equipable) 
  • Ostron armor set for drifter 

Warframe shards cosmetics 

VziDe4LN7V63YdDJ0y1CeWe22vp4LOicHXx3QKpeLwfEFob43L95zS5iRgtEkouTBomrvDYZK0_XirHQF5WxFkvsJGfgZ9DFdKonQu1jsxxS1M-BMF5a1kAKz712kYsvfgwl4I-Jqym99CoHuS24xbtKeJxWJ8FByVG6dvufEWJR8ofovAhv3emLJg
Kahl missions - more expansions on existing systems,  not adding more to the system as team is to focus on duviri

AOE-

• REB:” we are still looking at it”
  •  possible self damage to come back. 
  • More time to check stats see how its working and functioning in game 
  • Self CC changes with aoe possibly 
  • Self damage - indev a new variation(might not make it   live)  |  it is a percent based system, wont 1 shot self   

Archon hunts - 

• Longer you player more powerful you get is warframes concept  archos are supposed to be challenging 
  • Archons are not meant to be 1 shot 
  • Want them to last + be fun , not be instant quick kill 
  • Damage attenuation: scaled up for multiplayer  

Bosses rework

to be added into veil breaker system also

NE0PZvJ0eDOOk6gIi0gecIFv7CDppQQUHZ9ar3IwRfVzhiB2iVb-nY__zLPfnuedCtiwXUkMz6g-eEtNY2eIPzJcMCz4Kdv3xzgCJEOADxtNZ9dPRwoHIOjcwoSm4HAXluOT9ZN59d6hWYVuVgUZY7d1EGN0zqQs073XMKiRLIWvbwIXsi45eq3sfw
(weapons will be skins) 

Ammo model changes

LX-ndrsKh1Z9LH2Lv5xDPHj37dwgaeWkmZZ6KMd3cWxpC8kGcTRVpD5Z0fAKbXxipvBCDug_HC3Gd8Ug3gz_PtFiv1tszF4A3E-mSW9qejMwDX6qiKlBygW_cUi8Hkc46LCm8i7oAvJDl4Uz6nVR9M4YccW2n8uJg8EbZD1qnGx_gkawb1xKnd1beQ

Warframes

Reveal hidden contents

Styanax-

Revenant Prime- oct 5th 

Werewolf frame -  (mako <3 ) 

Reveal hidden contents

Design council will be suggesting names for the werewolf frame

3jKB4OY2-DeshcbMNWo4Fogn7V1zYuS3SI2Lo2xx3KgyOxQllntd_loSSYDZT9JYvAL-FJthdMQITfq1py6O1IKXYengMywcoawncerw8RuyXrQO_h0xkgxp2_lpfShW4uNGZu8gt5VAjWSMC7Y_RpZ4acjQVLSCJ6sDK0r2YIZfRI-fd6ysiUqAkQH3zhrzPrF7EBPqRDeo2AlRr_xbbpgqBQ9iTUhpdojQ2aBX1j0hgzblGS3BHU8ZaRdN2YBX5tAtkWsS9DtWqTIpdrOjzq_NV-Vxu8DHj-dmIbJlCsO2cs5G7AqYQdiA_Qvpy6a210dsBSUIyr0qxKFCmgtuodJUW6Z-Y3T_9chUDqlHeiQmDslCJzKA
Official coloring  

6HlOI3SHvqQYb5VKkczcd1fELDP3ZySFBmwkj_ZhWDFLVtQy4mlaos7K-YVPMUWE6TaJ0CvX-CmU6MHOck6RdvqiQGJa4tCMP9A3AOxOz3aDuP-0YwrI6NqJYb_DWN-Sf9DYh3ZyN69D3XK67nLPPGgjEjOkqrXUYUzl9l3ZfRKgJw-8w2u9mPUgIg

Heavy axe weapon 

Concept art 

XGzTqymz8s8fq2LukJBdR47U3_di6q4HlF5yhdMXqChma2DtSrwCPqcSlm-jhR2-bFkXW25VR3N3MQq0E_O00jhNZSiaiKGURqlM4xIGyP0MIJWhJUAioklOvLho7eHFK7hF7TQxWn5MZKB-12YNegaq0tWlRn0iRDCV8kNFqS-jFVvilC0dKbj2Fw

Final draft

4PHZYS7BDs02k2_BiAFmYqRuBmGvaqbcg97CF0344QsmCCbfP1S994aeQ59eF2TpintTz8C6mGEHZaJzq1LArrYe8dG6nq4PsM0ohUmfodUSmtMONIHt8mOvhsJdiOSZgieeIHvqFy_NRXFx7kuSvZzEbCaWtacWIBmDmF6oenL75FF-hoJDxUKp1A

Grendel & yareli changes
https://clips.twitch.tv/BusyMiniatureCasette4Head-eJr8wq2xl1SkxiLZ

Misc

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for checking out the overview , if you want to be notified  , here are some links , Images might take a while to appear initially , give it time 

-Best regards

Mako 

:Mako:

Also Design council will be suggesting names for the werewolf frame , if youd like to suggest some names, or chat with DC 

I Might suggest trying out the discord link to the unofficial tenno council Discord 

ogikGNh5AP5BDu-SbUITmo7IxGsiGJY8ug6Z3M97_g1DNyeytNfxdDWRtchi7a6b8U2OzzJAyJNc4SLsxuifOm2vJ8WZn3r3GNhbaF5ntZP6f8TYur3PBam9PbPBZcyiOB4fDGDhtANoEh1X5hJIQ_8wlrJ3AIxVVCN1fhFXJd768qzaURvdE_4Chnx57eCe_N0xPrZ4Tc2QrZMLqi4ncCykRQEQT1DW_7iTKYD-TUFuJwNRMqMQ36BRT8pDcTx5Ctbw-pouSKMi8mQi

164 Stream Team 

lVApr1MdJV5S-P6G5gJRygkFT7F-6ZfO_v14iHF8uTBokQZoiecpvdlhu5Gr-leu6hFm40Y2SRgEZyhK-uxK-wSXtBRJk1lilvsRIs4hG6JstvRVlXVWjMV0cphC4KcDKMs7NZ5CRTmMbKO_O9C3s2AdnyFgVIZGDA_6NkBcS9cRAx3n7uq6lg_BEw

Revenant PRIME

REVENANT PRIME

mfw

Archived