Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 164 Overview

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

2 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

"but the weakest aspect to his kit is how clunky it is to cycle the nourish buffs" yes, but grendel has even  worse problems than that in his kit:

1) his 4 mobility is just......baaaaad, really really bad, people nowadays can barely make 5 meters without using bulletjump, so why should someone even think to use something...clunky, slow and way less fun? damage could be better, but still, not worth at all.

2) energy consumption that gets insanely high after barely 5 seconds after eating more than 8 enemies, and the more you store inside his guts, the higher that cost gets, i swear, 600 energy get's drained in less than 7-8 seconds with barely 14-16 enemies stored inside grendel's guts, and don't even think to cast other abilities.

3) his 3 is...fun ok, but...useless, it's just there...raw damage, nothing all.

1: Disagree

2: Disagree HEAVILY. The energy management complaint on Grendel is a very tired, ridiculous complaint. Grendel's energy management is very good provided you aren't playing him like a zoop. Of course the energy gets drained with 14 enemies in the gut... You're not playing the frame correctly. He is not intended to run around with a ton of enemies in the gut... This is the entire reason the scaling energy drain mechanic exists. You're fighting against his design by playing him that way...

3: Also disagree here. The 3 is a very useful AOE damage ability. 

Problem with Grendel is most people are piss-poor at playing him and storm onto social media and the forums complaining about asinine things. I'm not targeting this at you, mind you. I'm just saying there are a ton of complaints about Grendel from people who really shouldn't be complaining. They should spend more time learning the kit and realizing he is really, really good. 

10 hours ago, Leqesai said:

HOW? how can you say that his 4 is...ok? that the mobility isn't a problem? it's so slow, feels clunky and breaks the gameplay's flow

10 hours ago, Leqesai said:

2: Disagree HEAVILY. The energy management complaint on Grendel is a very tired, ridiculous complaint. Grendel's energy management is very good provided you aren't playing him like a zoop. Of course the energy gets drained with 14 enemies in the gut... You're not playing the frame correctly. He is not intended to run around with a ton of enemies in the gut... This is the entire reason the scaling energy drain mechanic exists. You're fighting against his design by playing him that way...

"not supposed to run around with  ton of enemies in the gut" excuse me, isn't this the "gluttony" themed warframe? 14 aren't even that much, he's the devourer, yet he cna't eat too much...everytime i can barely strip any armour because the energy drain is so high that i have to almost immmediately spit everyone.

i'm fine with the" he can't swallow a while map, so that's why the energy drain is so elevate", but atleast increase the armor stripping speed if the cost gets so high in such little amunt of time.

11 hours ago, Leqesai said:

50/50, the problem is....beside spitting and decrease the number of enemies stored inside grendel, this ability has.....no synergy, extra damage, combos or any passive advantage..

11 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Grendel's problem is being a disabled frame.

When you click the buttons, nothing happens.

Then thematically, he is shaped around bulimia, which is just really uncool.

Straight up, I have never seen a single player, one time ever, use his ball mode, even on accident.

Sitting there saying people should enjoy him, because you think they should, I am very much doubtful is going to change his usage percentages.

On 2022-10-01 at 1:02 PM, Leqesai said:

Problem with Grendel is most people are piss-poor at playing him and storm onto social media and the forums complaining about asinine things. I'm not targeting this at you, mind you. I'm just saying there are a ton of complaints about Grendel from people who really shouldn't be complaining. They should spend more time learning the kit and realizing he is really, really good. 

won't argue with the rest of what you said but his 4 is genuinely, objectively S#&$.

it's a physics based ability so movement feels quite sluggish, not to mention any uphill screws you over.

it isn't too fantastic vs armor

and the fact that enemies in your gut can take damage from you bumping into stuff, then all of them dying at once after you land from a high place/jump which then rapidly accelerates the drain, means you're not going to stay in that form for a long time, which kinda kills the fantasy of being a wrecking ball.

catapult kinda fixes the mobility issue, but 1) lol bandaid, 2) the other issues with Pulverize still remain.

On 2022-09-30 at 5:50 PM, (XBOX)A Guy Thats Fat said:

Thats what I am saying they dont even need to drastically buff single target weapons.

They can make them more useful by making more gamemodes or mission types that wont require me to kill as many enemies as quick as I possibly can.

Disruption, Archon Hunts, and Eidolon hunts are all great for single target weapons. Most of the game however is based on killing efficiency. (Defense, Interception, Survival, Sanctuary Onslaught, Arbitrations, etc.)

DE actively encourages AOE attacks (of which there are many outside the nerfed launchers.) and speed running with mission mechanics.  

There's a zariman bounty that often shows up as an exterminate that requires you to complete the exterminate in under 6 minutes.  Which, based on the kill count requirements I normally get, mean you have to make a kill every 2-3 seconds while traversing the level, dealing with janky spawn making you backtrack and thraxx enemy animations and invulnerability phases.  I'm not saying this is hard.  It's not.  But you can't go "don't rush the missions" and then make an objective that is literally "rush the mission."  Theres multiple mission objectives where speed clearing is the name of the game.  Yet players and the devs sit and complain about mission rushing.

Archived