Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How come nobody is talking about the Revenant Prime trailer? Who created Revenant?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Can someone translate Ballas for me.

Ballas
“What fatherless aberration is this?
Brings the wicked gift of an unknown mask the Naberus night?” 
“Seething with the void mocking me and causality alike. And what strange cruelty named him, to know and defy his death? This shadow of I’ll omen. This grim harbinger. This..Revenant! 

Who created Revenant if it wasn’t Ballas? 

Also Vagabond Prime trailer when? 

Well, at least they address his mocking causality by his prime being of his post-Eidolon-changed form, instead of being the prime of his original form of the Warden.

Overall, I don't like his vampire-dolon theme, kit, and aesthetic, so I don't care about him or his prime being released. My roommate, though, intends to buy him on release.

To each their own.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

"who in the blue-voided f**k has been making a warframe without my permission!!? and making him look like he's an Eidolon?! I know it's near Naberus, and pranks like this are common, but whoever did this is getting glassed, and you know what, their family gets fast-tracked to Nihil's place as well..."

basically he's rather miffed about how one of his warframe creating Archimedians (or whoever runs the project on Ballas' behalf) has made an entire warframe that seems to have abilities similar to that of Sentients, yet is clearly using tons of Void energy. as for how this could come about, I suppose there are a few ways:

- he was originally going to be Warden Prime, but then somebody changed his design at the last minute without consulting Ballas first. that's a great way to get yourself glassed, I really wouldn't want to be the guy responsible for making Revenant Prime. Warden, in his original form, could have been mass produced as a vanilla frame but it's a stretch to say they got the exact same abilities from a random swimming/kidnapping incident in the plains..

- perhaps for some Reason, Warden's fate was always tied to that of the Eidolons, so maybe the prime did the same thing, heading into the Eidolon realm and coming back as Revenant Prime, but again, this happening twice does seem far-fetched to me. maybe throw in some timey wimey eternalism explanation to tie it all together...

- possibly the most likely version, thinking about it, is that the vanilla Revenant *is* the original, we know from Varzia that some warframes didn't start out as primes, while others did; so after Warden became Revenant, the frame might have been seen by one of Ballas' underlings and they found a way to replicate it's eidolon-style powers, and because the Orokin don't pay attention to anything that isn't golden, they made a primed version, but didn't inform Ballas about any of this, hence his surprise.

those are just theories, but Ballas is basically as surprised as any of the loreheads that Revenant Prime exists in-universe; IRL we know that any frame can be primed.  

11 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

“what fatherless aberration is this
brings the wicked gift of an unknown mask the Naberus night?” 

Easy Translation: Ballas is mad because it was Halloween and he got visited by the "fatherless abomination" known as an anime obsessed weeaboo, specifically one that was wearing a mask (probably a kitsune or cat mask). 

Alternatively it's the same scenario, but Ballas found a furry...

15 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

"who in the blue-voided f**k has been making a warframe without my permission!!? and making him look like he's an Eidolon?! I know it's near Naberus, and pranks like this are common, but whoever did this is getting glassed, and you know what, their family gets fast-tracked to Nihil's place as well..."

basically he's rather miffed about how one of his warframe creating Archimedians (or whoever runs the project on Ballas' behalf) has made an entire warframe that seems to have abilities similar to that of Sentients, yet is clearly using tons of Void energy. as for how this could come about, I suppose there are a few ways:

- he was originally going to be Warden Prime, but then somebody changed his design at the last minute without consulting Ballas first. that's a great way to get yourself glassed, I really wouldn't want to be the guy responsible for making Revenant Prime. Warden, in his original form, could have been mass produced as a vanilla frame but it's a stretch to say they got the exact same abilities from a random swimming/kidnapping incident in the plains..

- perhaps for some Reason, Warden's fate was always tied to that of the Eidolons, so maybe the prime did the same thing, heading into the Eidolon realm and coming back as Revenant Prime, but again, this happening twice does seem far-fetched to me. maybe throw in some timey wimey eternalism explanation to tie it all together...

- possibly the most likely version, thinking about it, is that the vanilla Revenant *is* the original, we know from Varzia that some warframes didn't start out as primes, while others did; so after Warden became Revenant, the frame might have been seen by one of Ballas' underlings and they found a way to replicate it's eidolon-style powers, and because the Orokin don't pay attention to anything that isn't golden, they made a primed version, but didn't inform Ballas about any of this, hence his surprise.

those are just theories, but Ballas is basically as surprised as any of the loreheads that Revenant Prime exists in-universe; IRL we know that any frame can be primed.  

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Easy Translation: Ballas is mad because it was Halloween and he got visited by the "fatherless abomination" known as an anime obsessed weeaboo, specifically one that was wearing a mask (probably a kitsune or cat mask). 

Alternatively it's the same scenario, but Ballas found a furry...

I lold 🤣 dis so good

Hmm ,

Let me take a crack at it with my reasoning ,

Ballas refers to himself as the father of (prime) warframes.

Since he did not directly make Revenant (prime) , that would make it fatherless.

It was made by someone unknown to ballas (hence the mask) and in doing so mocked him and then proved you can make primes from things that were very different originally (hence causality is broken)

And revenant just means someone that has returned from the dead to complete a task , so the last line is pretty straight forward. 

I actually think the trailer was ok , 

It also is kinda starting to classify which frames were primed first and which were primed later (anything that ballas says is mocking him) 

21 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I have my suspicions , plus the whole eternalism thing makes many things likely.

Lotus/natah would be my first pick.

Generic researcher trying to one up Ballas would be another.

I like to think TMITW did it just to annoy Ballas lol.

Not a stretch to think that he could snatch a Revenant from a timeline where it was a Prime who was sent to deal with the Eidolon and spit it out into our reality. 

IIRC, the relics are some kind of void storage right?  Wouldn't surprise me if a powerful enough void entity could mess with that if he felt like it. 

3 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

I like to think TMITW did it just to annoy Ballas lol.

Not a stretch to think that he could snatch a Revenant from a timeline where it was a Prime who was sent to deal with the Eidolon and spit it out into our reality. 

IIRC, the relics are some kind of void storage right?  Wouldn't surprise me if a powerful enough void entity could mess with that if he felt like it. 

Probable , i can totally imagine the man in the wall adding stuff just to mesa with us.

I Did It Good Job GIF by NETFLIX

That's right, I cobbled him together with some duct tape, Sentient brand Cool-Aid & a blowtorch! It took some time, but I even threw on a snazzy collar to compliment that long head of his! Disclaimer: This is a joke, I haven't even made model kits, I'm that incompetent

Here's a little theory crafting...
Hunhow, Erra, or someone of their caliber within the Sentient hierarchy could have previously experimented with Warframe technology in order to have a better understanding of what made them tick. This could be a possibility, we don't know the specifics as to when Ballas first encountered Revenant Prime. It could have taken place some time after his defection. At the very least, there has to be a precursor to Caliban Prime, right?

The way I understand it:

Revenant wasn't meant to exist as he's no longer "the Warden". Which is what makes him the "fatherless aberration" that not only survived being "killed" by an Eidolon but became something else entirely thus making him a "mockery of me and causality alike". And as we already know through Varzia some frames "earned" getting Primed and this indicates that Revenant is one of those.

What's interesting is that this indicates that the Gara and Revenant stories happened mid Old War and before Ballas' defection. Though Ballas does state that he had "lifetimes" to plan his defection which indicates that the Old War happened over a rather lengthy time period.

So simply put, everything Ballas is saying is just indicating that Revenant wasn't meant to exist and somehow defied death to become something entirely different from what frame was originally made (that being the original "Warden" frame). And we went and Primed him as a result.

As for who made the "Warden" it seems a safe bet that most, if not all, frames were a creation of Ballas. As Margulis and Silvana designed the original ones but as part of a therapy for the Zariman children. And Margulis' death was a result of refusing to turn them into war machines, which is the task Ballas took up after her death.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

This is just DE using eternalism as a get out of jail free card for priming a frame that should not have a prime in this form.  It's cheesy to me, but idc tbh.  The lore stopped mattering a long time ago.  

What does eternalism have to do with it? The Warden got "Eidolonified" and Ballas made a Prime out of it.

Eternalism can hand wave all sorts of plot holes but I don't see how Revenant is one.

1 hour ago, trst said:

What does eternalism have to do with it? The Warden got "Eidolonified" and Ballas made a Prime out of it.

Eternalism can hand wave all sorts of plot holes but I don't see how Revenant is one.

Real question is Ballas shouldn't have the time to make a prime out of Revenant. He only resurfaces recently, more precisely sometime after Tenno make a comeback to Ostron according to Revenant questline. By that time Orokin had died out a long time ago and Ballas already was completely out of the warframe business.

DE just kinda leaves the prime warframes bit unexplained or more likely they don't bother to.

1 hour ago, trst said:

Okay, help me out with the timeline on ballas making a new prime out of a frame that went feral and wasn't tamed until well after the fall of the orokin.

And I'm not being sarcastic.  If you have it, hit me with it.

Rev Prime coming about lore-wise because of the MITW probably makes the most sense based on what Ballas was saying. "Fatherless aberration", "Seething with the void", "Mocking me and causality" etc. I'd otherwise not think to hard about it, not like it affects the mainline story lol

Archived