Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shard Ephemera…there has to be a better idea..

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

2 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

My plans for Chroma Godzilla Cosplay disagree with you

Electric Feel Power GIF by HBO Max

But I do think Reb mentioned what they showed might not be the final product.

Dude if you could place them where ever you could totally pull that off even better if they worked more like weapon holsters customization. 

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

But I want to. Just don’t want remove my ephemera to stab my frame with them. 

Ah, that's what you meant. I thought you disagreed with the concept of stabbing your frame with the shards 😆

Yeah, I think it'd be great if shard-stabbing display could be toggled through the shard installation UI or something.

They are not impactful enough to warrant a cosmetic.

Should get a diploma and a medal for grinding out a handgun? Shards are marginal notepad stats with zero gameplay behind them.

Then again, let's get some more spikes on everything, can really never have too many spikes, that's just not possible.

so now that this ephemera exists, does this make it canon that after ripping out an Archon's Shard, tenno literally impale themselves with them to gain more power? that's pretty gruesome.. and kind of awesome. 

maybe it's just me but having the shards impale the warframe looks kinda awful IMO. literally like a bad photoshopping job. some other alternatives:

- the shards float around your frame

- the shards are worn on a belt/bandolier, displayed as crude trophies from your Archon Hunts..

- the shards appear as armor pieces (this would likely cover a lot of actual armor, so you may have to choose between armor or ephemera, but I think it would look great, especially on Atlas Karst, who is already a walking crystal anyway lol.

- a device is placed on the chest of a warframe with the archon shards in it, to give the look of a mechanical augmentation. 

- a trophy of an Archon's head (Boreal/Amar/Nira's skull) mounted on the shoulder with their corresponding shard stabbed through it: basically like an Archon version of the Provokk Shoulder Guard. this would make for a great "archon hunter frame" look IMO.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

so now that this ephemera exists, does this make it canon that after ripping out an Archon's Shard, tenno literally impale themselves with them to gain more power? that's pretty gruesome.. and kind of awesome. 

maybe it's just me but having the shards impale the warframe looks kinda awful IMO. literally like a bad photoshopping job. some other alternatives:

- the shards float around your frame

- the shards are worn on a belt/bandolier, displayed as crude trophies from your Archon Hunts..

- the shards appear as armor pieces (this would likely cover a lot of actual armor, so you may have to choose between armor or ephemera, but I think it would look great, especially on Atlas Karst, who is already a walking crystal anyway lol.

- a device is placed on the chest of a warframe with the archon shards in it, to give the look of a mechanical augmentation. 

- a trophy of an Archon's head (Boreal/Amar/Nira's skull) mounted on the shoulder with their corresponding shard stabbed through it: basically like an Archon version of the Provokk Shoulder Guard. this would make for a great "archon hunter frame" look IMO.

I'm pretty sure the reason why it's like that is because you canonically stab the crystals into yourself so you can directly drain their energy into your systems. 

That's why the archons are also impaled with them, the only difference being they are also used like nails to tack the head onto the body.

11 hours ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

I'm still wishing you could change the orientation and position of armor pieces

I wouldn't mind so much that we can't do this if DE was actually good at it. So many frames have armor pieces awkwardly pulled away from their body, aren't positioned symmetrically when they should be, or are weirdly large or small.

Feels like something they could easily get one intern to sort out in a week.

Archived