Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pablo's proposed self damage change is a good alternative to limited ammo.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

This is a pipe dream.  I'd bet money that if self damage comes back, they're going to leave self stagger in, along with the ammo changes, and the damage that you do to yourself will still be ridiculous.  And it still wouldn't be about skill.  I can't tell you how many times I've had arrows stick in nothing but air over a railing, when I actually had the bow itself out over the railing, and the arrows stuck in air were literally behind where I shot from.  They can't even get line-of-sight code to work properly on literally anything that has it, and people are out here believing that it will be only skill that determines if your shots hit you or not.

They keep trying to make this into a different game, and not the game that got popular, and then wonder why there's so much negativity in the community right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-10-01 at 5:25 AM, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Someone will always complain, so just do what you think is right, even if I or anyone else doesn't like it. 

No!
One badly done bad idea, vs another bad idea. Bad cop worse cop.
Of course the big mistake, for anyone observant, begins with thinking that Pablo is on our side. He is not.

Anyway, what the hell kind of attitude is 'just do want you want'? Because that is what you are saying. Are you that broken? "idgas anymore, just pick a type of beating and give it to everyone" W T F !!!

9 hours ago, Morteno said:

No!
One badly done bad idea, vs another bad idea. Bad cop worse cop.
Of course the big mistake, for anyone observant, begins with thinking that Pablo is on our side. He is not.

Anyway, what the hell kind of attitude is 'just do want you want'? Because that is what you are saying. Are you that broken? "idgas anymore, just pick a type of beating and give it to everyone" W T F !!!

I respect that you will fight for what you belive to be true and right, even though I don't agree with what you're saying. In Pablo's case, there is no way to make a "right" descision, since some section of the fans will always complain. So, as long as he does what he thinks is truly best for the game, then that's the best I can ask for. Especially when money is involved. Your disapproaval is fine, even good. It means that you would also do what what you think is right, even when there might not be a reward involved. 

Having spent the last couple months, since the AOE nerf, the Ammo Nerfs and digesting the information. I want to say I've read more forums then I would care to count. I've seen the arguments from various sides. Different opinions and the like.  Here is a few things I've noticed and my own opinion of the situation.
1. "We don't want to nerf anyone's fun" or "tell them they have to play a certain way" A blatant false statement.  It is exactly what has happened. 
The squeaky wheel was greased and it led to a rather problematic chasm as the forums pretty much tell for themselves. 
2,I'm not going to rehash the AOE haters versus AOE likers arguments here.  There are some valid points on both sides and many proponents will not see beyond their own belief that they are correct. 
3  To be honest after hearing of purposed Self damage and Self CC , possible nerfs to prime sure footed ,etc etc etc etc about this issue, DE and their team should really just pull the Problematic AOE weapons. Delete them.  It would be better to suffer a major wound that can be stitched ,patched, rub some cream on it and healed rather than the death of a thousand cuts which will damage the game further, and damage the community .  Not everyone is going to be happy with this suggestion and I get it.  

For those bringing up friendly fire... 

Unless WF's game engine limits it which I kinda doubt, we all know that self damage but no friendly fire is also an option? 

And if they also add self damage on top of poor ammo pool that would be very, very stupid. They teased about Soulframe in the works, they should add their game challenging ideas there and make it a Soulsborne game if they want. 

32 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

For those bringing up friendly fire... 

Unless WF's game engine limits it which I kinda doubt, we all know that self damage but no friendly fire is also an option? 

And if they also add self damage on top of poor ammo pool that would be very, very stupid. They teased about Soulframe in the works, they should add their game challenging ideas there and make it a Soulsborne game if they want. 

I don't think anyone in this thread except you has used the term friendly fire. Anyway that's how old self damage worked: Self damage but did not hurt allies.

Despite there being no friendly fire teammates were still often a big problem because your allies have clipping enabled for your bullets (if you shoot your allies with any gun their body blocks the bullets even though they take no damage). For most weapons this is a minor annoyance you burn some ammo and don't kill anything. For explosives this is deadly as they explode on contact with the object they hit, including other players. Warframe players are very very bad about respecting sight lines and staying out of lines of fire. It was very common for other players to jump in front of your rocket as you fired it and kill you. Since that kind of situation is outside your control (I have climbed up super high in levels and still had players successfully kill me by doing this) it's never felt fair.

Archived