Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Revenant Prime: Hotfix 32.0.9

[DE]Megan

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We're working on it. Not a 2-second change so it's going to take some more time!

Right, because adding a stored procedure with 4 item declarations (in this case the password entities) each with his own byte value (1, 2, 4, 8) and accumulating that on columns by already existing character data (adding a new column is also that hard), in the case of e.g. second and fourth password-glyph being scanned, which would be 10 bytes in total, and accumulating that to the table is just ... waaaaay too hard. /s

I know (MS-)SQL-PHP programming, and you guys are using json. There is no reason that this has to take this long.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, even though I'm 99% sure no one from DE will actually read this and/or implement it.

The game would be HELLA more enjoyable in future updates if you'd just put a pause on making new content for a month or two and focus entirely on fixing the huge pile of bugs your game has. There are weapons that are lacking, tilesets that are annoying, strategies that can't be used, etc.

I personally would be far more hyped for Duviri if I knew I could go into it with Kompressa working at full power, but instead it's STILL sitting with a bug that prevents extra pellets generated by Multishot from having the AoE when they pop. It's quite disappointing.

Stop making content, and start fixing bugs. The longer you go without fixing the pile, the larger it's going to get. You're making more bugs than you're fixing with each update, DE. You really should slow it down.

It's nice to see that Revenant got some QoL changes for his Prime, but can we also receive the ability to "release" the thralls? By holding down the ability key, for example, so we can recast it. On higher levels thrall cap maxes out almost instantly; if you need to run in another place you need to either kill every thrall and destroy the pillars first, or wait untill the ability duration runs out before you can cast it again. It also prevents casting on high value targets, now that Eximus are more useful than ever. On high duration builds you have to wait 30+ seconds while being away from thralls in 200-ish meters from the initial casting point before being able to use your main tool again. "Releasing" thralls would be a nice thing to have. Or make the thralls teleport following you, like Nyx's mind control target.

And, while we're at it, another passive would make a great addition. Recent changes made it so sheilds are never being damaged, and even if somehow they are, shieldgating does the same job of providing safety window as the current passive. Some interactive options, similar to how Nidus, Ember, Gauss, Styanax and others have to manage some resource would be fun to have. Even better if it's tied to other abilities directly, similar to how "Thrall Pact" augment works, but on a smaller scale.

9 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

Right, because adding a stored procedure with 4 item declarations (in this case the password entities) each with his own byte value (1, 2, 4, 8) and accumulating that on columns by already existing character data (adding a new column is also that hard), in the case of e.g. second and fourth password-glyph being scanned, which would be 10 bytes in total, and accumulating that to the table is just ... waaaaay too hard. /s

I know (MS-)SQL-PHP programming, and you guys are using json. There is no reason that this has to take this long.

I agree! They did not promise Cumulative Challenges 2 seconds ago, not 2 days ago, but over 3 weeks ago...... Soon it will be a month since cumulative progress was mentioned (even more since it was requested).

Now I don't have a Ph.D. in math, but 3 weeks is quite a bit more than 2 seconds. In fact 3 weeks is 1,814,400 Seconds, which is 907,200 TIMES more than 2 seconds...

Where are the priorities? I am not sure. To me is sounds like, if it is not a 2 second fix, it is simply not gonna be done. But that begs the question - Why the flux are you promising something that people want NOW, creating the impression that it will arrive in the next few hotfixes, only to take over a month to bring it to life?

I have no hope for this, it is an absolute insult to everyone that does the Kahl challenges. I know when the Cumulative progress is gonna come - In the "Echoes of Veilbraker" which is an absolute joke, given that can be at the end of this month.........

What do you think DE;RP? That we are Earth2 fans? Do you believe we are that uneducated and stupid? You say don't have time to make Cumulative progress, but you have time to fix the alignment of a screen that is seen once in a blue moon and was NOT Disruptive even if it was few pixels off. You say you don't have time to make Cumulative progress, but right before that you mention how you are experimenting with a quite complex AoE Self damage mechanic? I wonder why the flux you don't have time.....

I did not use the Null Star, but dear lord Jesus. One thing is to not have foresight, completely another to be absolutely fluxing blind and deaf, tho it can be justified.... if you think that your players are idiots and are not going to figure out how to use it to it's fullest capacity.

I will put my tinfoil hat for a second just to add perspective - DE;RP buffed Null Star, Creators made content how to use/abuse it feat. Archon Vitality, people copied their builds, in the process spent a good amount of Forma. Now DE;RP nerfs it, rendering the spent Forma obsolete. Platinum Sink Successfully executed, STONKS.

You cannot excuse yourself forever with Duviri DE;RP, but by doing so, I wonder what pile of hot steamy garbage that would be. I used to be hyped for Duviri, got even more hyped when it was shown, but then with the RebxPablo management decisions, I not only lost hope for Veilbaker, but for the future of the game as well, including Duviri...

If all we are gonna get from now on is gonna be terribly executed reworks, trash design Operations branded as Quests and Updates, and very questionable priorities all covered up by corporate talk and "Communication", I will god damn leave.

The First Descendant looks promising, extremely good looking graphics, seemingly well made boss fights, and proper smooth animations - all categories that Warframe Hard loses in. No matter how crap The First Descendant ends up being, if you DE;RP continue like this, it will still be better than(as the Difter says) "This Shiet".

15 hours ago, Aura said:

when will there be a way to bypass tauforged RNG, currently some people have none and some have 5

this game's foundation is built on RNG, it's not going to happen

some people got a full khora set in one run of SO, others (like me) spent months just for one blueprint

Why is Revenant Prime primary color/material so dark? Why make this non sense limitation for vibrant colors when the easiest option is just let us select the dark colors in the primary slot, if this is what the player need. he got a nice design ngl, but even the main revenant skin is way more friendly to the vibrant colors. intentional design choice? i respect that, but well... still a bad choice. he is my main warframe, disappointed but not surprised.

On 2022-10-05 at 7:59 PM, [DE]Megan said:

With this Vaulting comes the shift of the following Syndicate Sacrifices:

• Replaced Red Veil sacrifice of Nezha Prime Chassis to Harrow Prime Systems. 

• Replaced Steel Meridian sacrifice of the Zakti Prime Receiver to the Astilla Prime Receiver. 

• Replaced Steel Meridian sacrifice of Nezha Prime Neuroptics to Nidus Prime Neuroptics. 

You missed New Loka, who also had a Nezha Prime Chassis Sacrifice. Is that also Harrow Prime Systems now?

Edit: DE just forgor [Bug Report]

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-10-05 at 6:16 PM, _.-Toscany-._ said:

Does the dev team truly not understand the utility they provided and now taken away? Did DE improve Neutron Star and seriously think, "people probably won't recognize Nova's Neutron Star augment anyway?" The September change that made her helminth good was great. It only lasted 4 weeks. I hate this about DE's design process. It is so thoughtless that it would seem impulsive.

Here's my PoV. DE wants Nova to be played more, recognizes that the augment mod they made for her is S#&$. They rework it so that it is good. Players recognize that they've drastically improved her augment and proceed to use it, because it was never any good before then. DE is now like, "Oops, we #*!%ed up, timed to rework her augment again."  The whole process feels like I'm being baited. 
I particularly hate it that this quote has an attached rational, as if the explanation for this quasi-reversal is any good. "...Resulted in higher damage than anticipated... better at room cleaing than other Helminth radial damage abilities like Thermal Sunder." DE dev team admits to being thoughtless. This incompetence is the theme of DE design. SO What if it's better than Thermal Sunder? So in DE's eyes, Neutron Star can't be allowed to be better than their other baby, Thermal Sunder. DE has favorites that they'd like to protect, keep them in greater use, and play. Lol what kind of discrimination is that? 

With Neutron Star, Nova suddenly had relevance among Saryn and Volt players. I'm going to pretend that Gara was like, "Good Job, Nova. You've done what I could not." But now, "you poor thing, the line-of-sight bug has bitten you." 

DE cannot commit themselves to only improving their creation. They Won't do it. Everytime they make something "unintentionally" or "intentionally" good, I can expect that it simply won't last. I can't be excited about anything coming to the game fixes/reworks/new-content. This makes me hate DE. It makes me want to be rude and disrespectful to the dev team. 

Keeping this sentiment in mind as the Devstream just concluded with news that DE will be bringing back Self Damage.  Remember the Glaives were nerfed, and now the ammo nerf as well as AoE nerfs.

They won't be undoing the S#&$ they've done, recently. How am I supposed to appreciate DE's latest campaign of f'ups?

Archived