Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Revenant Prime: Hotfix 32.0.10

[DE]Danielle

Archon Mod Clarification Requested:

Why does Freeze Force work with Archon Flow (imbued elemental damage, not ability, and yes this is the only imbue ability, either with or without an augment mod, to work with an archon mod), meanwhile Thermal Transfer, Shock Trooper, Fireball Frenzy, or just normal imbue abilities like Toxic Lash, do not work with the other archon mods? 

This sort of inconsistency on-top of some abilities not working at all (RIP to you atlas players) is leading to why players are asking about the archon mods that should be applied to more abilities. 

I know its supposed to be "If deals elemental damage of specific type, then archon mod proc", however it is proving to be inconsistent atm. 

To add to the Null Star talk that was in the previous hotfix: players have high influx of usage of specific abilities due to new builds being widespread in the first place and everyone wanting to try it. This was not warranted a nerf all-together, or at least something that wouldn't completely destroy the ability. 

Hoping this gets addressed sooner rather than later. 

10 minutes ago, Halo said:

Archon Mod Clarification Requested:

Why does Freeze Force work with Archon Flow (imbued elemental damage, not ability, and yes this is the only imbue ability, either with or without an augment mod, to work with an archon mod), meanwhile Thermal Transfer, Shock Trooper, Fireball Frenzy, or just normal imbue abilities like Toxic Lash, do not work with the other archon mods? 

This sort of inconsistency on-top of some abilities not working at all (RIP to you atlas players) is leading to why players are asking about the archon mods that should be applied to more abilities. 

I know its supposed to be "If deals elemental damage of specific type, then archon mod proc", however it is proving to be inconsistent atm. 

To add to the Null Star talk that was in the previous hotfix: players have high influx of usage of specific abilities due to new builds being widespread in the first place and everyone wanting to try it. This was not warranted a nerf all-together, or at least something that wouldn't completely destroy the ability. 

Hoping this gets addressed sooner rather than later. 

If what completely destroys the ability is the addition of line of sight, maybe this game isn't for you, considering the devs have made it clear that they want to minimize the ways the player deals damage to enemies ignoring line of sight as much as possible...

24 minutes ago, Halo said:

meanwhile Thermal Transfer, Shock Trooper, Fireball Frenzy, or just normal imbue abilities like Toxic Lash, do not work with the other archon mods?

Thermal Transfer, Shock Trooper, Toxic Lash etc are weapon upgrades.  They add bonus damage, to a weapon. You still need to use that weapon to apply the damage thus they are not considered as doing damage with an ability, but doing damage with a buffed weapon.  This is why they are not eligible to trigger Archon mods that say an ability must do the indicated damage type.

(If an enemy walks into Thermal Sunder's ring will take 2x Heat status from Archon Vitality, but if you buff your rifle with heat damage via Thermal Transfer and then shoot them, they will not.)

26 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

This is why they are not eligible to trigger Archon mods that say an ability must do the indicated damage type.

But Landslide is an ability, and was just changed to not trigger the Archon mods. Why? It is an ability, and it can deal the indicated damage type. If it's because it doesn't deal innate elemental damage and can only do so when modded, then why do abilities like Artemis Bow trigger the Archon mods when they too can only deal the indicated damage type after being modded? The approach to these mods feels inconsistent and arbitrary.

And just to be really clear, the preferred course of action is to make pseudo-exalted abilities trigger the mods like exalted weapons can and like Landslide already could. The preferred course of action isn't to make it so exalted weapons don't work either, like you guys just did to Atlas.

8 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

You still need to use that weapon to apply the damage thus they are not considered as doing damage with an ability, but doing damage with a buffed weapon.

Yes, but why is Freezing Force exempt?

8 hours ago, Radiofloyd said:

If what completely destroys the ability is the addition of line of sight, maybe this game isn't for you, considering the devs have made it clear that they want to minimize the ways the player deals damage to enemies ignoring line of sight as much as possible...

No, the game's for me, and I'm attempting to advocate for those who don't want every single AOE thing nerfed to the ground. 

Also It was a great crate-breaker ability to boot, so now players will have to result to only using Xaku or Limbo for wide-spread crate-breaking runs for resources. 

Many abilities have multiple uses outside of "big damage" or "room sweeping", and this one just got shot down. 

37 minutes ago, Halo said:

Sadly the answer could just be "we know the issue exists" and accepted as an intentional inconsistency. A la Scattered Justice not being able to be equipped onto Kuva Hek.

Knowing how weak Frost is I can see this being the answer. 

il y a 20 minutes, [DE]Momaw a dit :

Thermal Transfer, Shock Trooper, Toxic Lash etc are weapon upgrades.  They add bonus damage, to a weapon. You still need to use that weapon to apply the damage thus they are not considered as doing damage with an ability, but doing damage with a buffed weapon.  This is why they are not eligible to trigger Archon mods that say an ability must do the indicated damage type.

(If an enemy walks into Thermal Sunder's ring will take 2x Heat status from Archon Vitality, but if you buff your rifle with heat damage via Thermal Transfer and then shoot them, they will not.)

Any ETA for the fix of the Mounting Momentum buff from the Felarx ??

25 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Toxic Lash does more than just upgrade the damage to a weapon though.

It is its own damage instance, its own status chance, doesn't combine with other "upgrades" a weapon has. etc. 

Its ability is so unique that it should really be evaluated differently than the others. It does more than just act as a weapon upgrade.

It should be eligible for the mod that the Warframe is the literal poster child for. 

Also, could you take a look at this bug? Feels like an obvious one with an easy fix but just want to confirm:

Archon Flow is still, in my eyes at least, hot garbage. None of the other Archon mods ask you to kill with an ability, none of them have % chance to proc the effect, and lastly None of them have a cooldown attached to the effect. So why does Archon Flow have all of these conditions - Kill with Cold Damage Ability for 10% Chance to get a singular Energy Orb, 10s CD????

Aside of using it with Exalted weapons and a very specific YarelixTerrify setup, this mod serves no purpose for the endgame (I assumed these mods are for endgame use, but I guess not this one). Have you tried killing a SP grineer with Avalanche? You can, after you cast it at least Twice, and you shafted most of your stats for strength And primed with Viral. The majority of abilities that deal cold damage are designed is such a way that, without Viral and defense strip, you can forget killing anything SP with them. Sadly even if you do manage to get some cold ability kills, you will be blessed with waiting for 10 seconds for another measly poot of energy...... given you hit the 10% chance....

Archon Flow is NOT balanced properly! Your stats will forever be skewed by people that use Exalted weapons, no matter the Archon mod, but why bother with Archon Flow and all those conditions, when you can simply get an Extra Fat Heat proc and have it DOUBLED, for just hitting the enemy with heat ability(Heat Inherit goes BRRR).

Do you hate Cold damage DE;RP? Say it, no shame, at least we will know why it is like that.

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

we should have a surefire way of getting a tauforged shard, like after the three archon, the fourth week is a fight against pazuul where he escapes and we get a tuaforged shard of a random color

Or - combine 3 regular blue shards to get 1 blue tauforged shard.

2 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

The more I read answers like this the more I think Archon mods were a mistake honestly and need to be recoded to have other kind of functions that really have sinergy with warframe abilities and are worth the amount of Time, Credits, Endo and mod capacity needed in order to use them in our builds because as of right now they are not.

The 50th warframe has been reached, it's a looong list of abilities sure, but for these Archon mods to only work in a handful of Warframes is not right from the start.

Any thoughts on fix the archons and the archon shards? like.. im sorry if i sound a little bit harsh but..

A way of making them more " farmable " cause if we want to have tau forged shards for the frames we like.. we need to wait, months, years, the number of combinations we can posibly get, we will need some decades of " wait to kill " content. ( and im not even talking about the big amount of BILE we need to realocate the shards, this is a wait to build form too ! )

A way making our maesteries do something, like boost the drop chance or making them more frequent cause... most of L2 sees their mastery as nothing, cause MR 30 we got a buff on relay, nice, but in gameplay factor we could just sit down on mr 16, cause the game seems to be balanced around MR 12~16.

Im sorry, eidolon hunting still the best parameter of late game content in warframe, even if we capture 5 of them they still have a high chance of a good reward.. ( and tons of focus for those who want the new focus collection or just complete their schools. )

The weekly unrewardable wall of flesh called archon.. they aren't fun, they're really frustrating for most of the players.

After playing with the ability Post-Nerf, Null Star could have been nerfed to a still usable-state and prevent as much spam-usage.

Cutting the damage in half (at most) and not letting it scale off duration would have been better overall, allowing it still to be viable for lower level content for players who want to have some fun.

Just a players opinion, throwing it into the void. 

2 hours ago, rainy said:

This is because it was bugged to not apply to Shattered Lash or Whipclaw, so instead of fixing those, the inconsistency was intentionally spread to landslide.

What makes you think this was a bug and that Landslide wasn't the bug? Wouldn't be the first time pseudo exalteds were treated differently.

Thanks for the fixes! Please bring back Void Dash in some capacity, Void Sling doesn't have to be removed, many ppl just like Void Dash better because it gives us faster and easier to control operator movement. Arbitrations should be permanently unlocked for those who have unlocked them in the past and had them re-locked due to new mission nodes, since you're allowing us to keep them unlocked now without completing all future mission nodes. Also, a toggle for pre/post-new war plains/cetus/fortuna/orb vallis would be really great for anyone that's completed the New War and regrets it due to not liking the new landscapes. It really turned that quest from a super cool, long awaited cinematic experience to just kind of a disappointment for me. That's about it-

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Can you guys get more abilities to work with Archon Mods instead of less? They are already incredibly niche and nerfing Atlas was unnecessary, especially when he is a Yareli-tier Warframe.

Also, ty Voltage I couldn't agree more. Was excited for these until I realized how niche they actually are.

3 hours ago, Halo said:

Why does Freeze Force work with Archon Flow (imbued elemental damage, not ability, and yes this is the only imbue ability, either with or without an augment mod, to work with an archon mod)

Do you have any video proof of Freeze Force triggering Archon Flow. Or is this just "trust me dude." In testing, Unmodded weapons using Freeze Force have not procced Archon Flow in over 100 enemies killed with Freeze Force buff active for me.

5 hours ago, WisdomABlessing said:

Do you have any video proof of Freeze Force triggering Archon Flow. Or is this just "trust me dude." In testing, Unmodded weapons using Freeze Force have not procced Archon Flow in over 100 enemies killed with Freeze Force buff active for me.

Have fun, oh, and skip to 3:51: 

I have a build identically the same, however I choose to use Eclipse instead of Roar (this doesn't matter at all), and proves to dish out more energy orbs than without Freeze Force on at all. 

5 hours ago, wipitou said:

I though we were going to get the new Grineer Landing craft on the October 5 ?

Anyone know when we will be getting it ?

Nope, sadly DE is still getting rid of the bugs that it has. 

During the Dev Stream, they used it as their liset skin for loading screens and cutscenes, and proved to still be in the "We're working out the bugs" phase. 

However, it will be dropping on their next update, "Echoes of Veilbreaker"

It would be really nice if the Azima's alt-fire could be fixed, because right now it lasts 10 seconds regardless of what your magazine size or ammo efficiency is.

e: Or you could just outright say that it was an intentional change. I would also accept that. It's honestly much worse to think that it's just a Will Not Fix bug. 

Archived