Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Revenant Prime: Hotfix 32.0.10

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, Halo said:

Have fun, oh, and skip to 3:51: 

I have a build identically the same, however I choose to use Eclipse instead of Roar (this doesn't matter at all), and proves to dish out more energy orbs than without Freeze Force on at all. 

So your proof is a video in which they don't proc Archon Flow at all???

Excuse me DE but whenever I shoot Phantasma I feel like a god-damned sleep-deprived PhD student trying to gain some rest on a bus but can't because the whole thing is vibrating so #*!%ing hard it's giving me bigger headache than most other things.

Seriously, why are you wasting your time and effort making these absolutely pointless changes that is causing more pain than good? These kind of changes are unasked for, so maybe you did it for your own pleasure?

10 minutes ago, WisdomABlessing said:

So your proof is a video in which they don't proc Archon Flow at all???

Archon Flow Does Not Have A Buff Icon At All 

To be specific, it is a "Debuff icon" 

Go into your Sim or go play Low Leveled areas of the game, spam Frost's 4 with it on, and look at your top right of your screen please. 

It makes the mod inconsistent in use, and a royal pain.

5 hours ago, CodeVauban said:

Why release a mod that has literally no use and leave it like that then.

... Considering the experience I (and I suspect that there are many others with a similar, but not equal, experience) had with the Embolist, I would certainly use that mod on all of its builds any day.

Its certainly more useful than its 35 dmg, unmodded, or its meager "almost but not quite" 300 dmg... "But its supposed to be a status primer" you might think, well~, never in its entire life... Or yours, or mine, or the "Warframe" product, or the Universe, or - - Well, I could keep going but I think that you already got the point by now... Everyone knows that Kuva Nukor does that same job but millions time better...

... A weapon is a tool to harm or kill... People laugh at the Stug, but at least that weapon does one of the two I mentioned... Embolist does neither.

4 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Thermal Transfer, Shock Trooper, Toxic Lash etc are weapon upgrades.  They add bonus damage, to a weapon. You still need to use that weapon to apply the damage thus they are not considered as doing damage with an ability, but doing damage with a buffed weapon.  This is why they are not eligible to trigger Archon mods that say an ability must do the indicated damage type.

(If an enemy walks into Thermal Sunder's ring will take 2x Heat status from Archon Vitality, but if you buff your rifle with heat damage via Thermal Transfer and then shoot them, they will not.)

It is not desirable to complicate the rules by making exceptions. 

1 hour ago, Halo said:

Archon Flow Does Not Have A Buff Icon At All 

To be specific, it is a "Debuff icon" 

Go into your Sim or go play Low Leveled areas of the game, spam Frost's 4 with it on, and look at your top right of your screen please. 

It makes the mod inconsistent in use, and a royal pain.

That's my point. In that video linked, the debuff icon for Archon flow never shows up, therefore it is not being triggered. I am not looking for a content creator to say "Freeze Force buffed weapons can trigger Archon Flow." I am looking for actual evidence, namely, the debuff icon for Archon Flow to show up after a weapon kill.

4 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

What makes you think this was a bug and that Landslide wasn't the bug? Wouldn't be the first time pseudo exalteds were treated differently.

Because every single other moddable ability works. Whipclaw and Shattered Lash were the only two exceptions. When asked, Momaw said the following:

On 2022-09-29 at 11:59 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

Gara's Shattered Lash has a 0% status chance, I'm not sure why you would expect any of the 3 "on status applied" mods to work with this?   Status chance +60%, +90%, +10000% is always multiplied relative to the base value which is zero

Also, need more details on Serene Storm because it work here.

They could have easily said that Landslide was the unintentional part, but they didn't. Instead they explained why Shattered Lash wouldn't work. But the provided explanation shouldn't matter because Shattered Lash can apply still status procs using additive Status Chance and because Archon Stretch isn't reliant on status procs to begin with, only dealing the Electric damage - which it does. They also confirmed that Baruuk's Serene Storm works. So if some abilities can be modded to proc the effect, and this is intentional, then wouldn't the obvious expectation be that the only two that don't are bugged?

9 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Thermal Transfer, Shock Trooper, Toxic Lash etc are weapon upgrades.  They add bonus damage, to a weapon. You still need to use that weapon to apply the damage thus they are not considered as doing damage with an ability, but doing damage with a buffed weapon.  This is why they are not eligible to trigger Archon mods that say an ability must do the indicated damage type.

(If an enemy walks into Thermal Sunder's ring will take 2x Heat status from Archon Vitality, but if you buff your rifle with heat damage via Thermal Transfer and then shoot them, they will not.)

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

So… I get it, but I don’t. To me Toxic Lash is obviously ~*the*~ choice for this mod. It’s an ability that procs toxin damage. 

Maybe it’s the fact that Saryn is featured on the mod. Yeah she doesn’t need the added corrosive procs but…. C’mon. This is just awkward. 

I'm really tired to repost theses bug reports…

It's been 1 year and 4 months since this bug is in game. Is it that hard to fix anchor points for shoulder armors? Or you don't give a damn even more than before since Khora Prime is released?

Oh but about Khora Prime, there is also this bug that I report since DAY ONE of her release:

But it's not that big of a deal: it's just the second most recent released prime warframe of the game…

@[DE]Rebecca@[DE]Megan@[DE]Danielle

12 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Because every single other moddable ability works. Whipclaw and Shattered Lash were the only two exceptions. When asked, Momaw said the following:

They could have easily said that Landslide was the unintentional part, but they didn't. Instead they explained why Shattered Lash wouldn't work. But the provided explanation shouldn't matter because Shattered Lash can apply still status procs using additive Status Chance and because Archon Stretch isn't reliant on status procs to begin with, only dealing the Electric damage - which it does. They also confirmed that Baruuk's Serene Storm works. So if some abilities can be modded to proc the effect, and this is intentional, then wouldn't the obvious expectation be that the only two that don't are bugged?

I'm fairly sure it is because they arent actively modded like Exalted weapons. Not sure if they have problems with simply triggering it, so skipping the interaction on pseudos or if they just want it on actually modded skills and not sticks. It wouldnt be the first issue with triggering, it has been a thing with Toxic Lash for ages, it is a random roll of the dice if it counts as a Toxin kill for instance during NW acts. The only way to get it to work was to get the toxin tick to kill enemies, if you killed with frontload damage or another dot killed the target lash just wouldnt register.

But lets look at it this way. Exalteds get access to Archon Mods, Pseudos get access to max dispo rivens. I'd say uhm that is a fair trade off.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm fairly sure it is because they arent actively modded like Exalted weapons. Not sure if they have problems with simply triggering it, so skipping the interaction on pseudos or if they just want it on actually modded skills and not sticks. It wouldnt be the first issue with triggering, it has been a thing with Toxic Lash for ages, it is a random roll of the dice if it counts as a Toxin kill for instance during NW acts. The only way to get it to work was to get the toxin tick to kill enemies, if you killed with frontload damage or another dot killed the target lash just wouldnt register.

But lets look at it this way. Exalteds get access to Archon Mods, Pseudos get access to max dispo rivens. I'd say uhm that is a fair trade off.

There doesn't seem to have been any issue with triggering, since they worked just fine on Atlas, and if it's going to come down to semantics about which thing is modded and how then are Exalted Weapons even abilities relevant to the mod effects? You're not dealing Electric damage (or whatever) with the ability, you're dealing it with a weapon summoned by the ability. You're not modding the ability, you're modding the weapon, and you're not dealing damage by pressing an ability key, you're dealing damage shooting a gun or hitting with a melee. And DE's also said that weapons dealing elemental damage via abilities like Shock Trooper that gain damage via an ability don't count towards these mods for that same reason. It's all inconsistent and weird and it shouldn't be.

And I think we should ideally be moving away from X getting access to one thing and Y getting access to another. Exalted Weapons also don't get access to BR/WW and Pseudo-Exalted Abilities don't get access to CO. Everything should work as you'd expect it to on everything.

20 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

There doesn't seem to have been any issue with triggering, since they worked just fine on Atlas, and if it's going to come down to semantics about which thing is modded and how then are Exalted Weapons even abilities relevant to the mod effects? You're not dealing Electric damage (or whatever) with the ability, you're dealing it with a weapon summoned by the ability. You're not modding the ability, you're modding the weapon, and you're not dealing damage by pressing an ability key, you're dealing damage shooting a gun or hitting with a melee. And DE's also said that weapons dealing elemental damage via abilities like Shock Trooper that gain damage via an ability don't count towards these mods for that same reason. It's all inconsistent and weird and it shouldn't be.

And I think we should ideally be moving away from X getting access to one thing and Y getting access to another. Exalted Weapons also don't get access to BR/WW and Pseudo-Exalted Abilities don't get access to CO. Everything should work as you'd expect it to on everything.

Exalted weapons are definently abilities, and you do deal the damage with the ability that is also individually modded. In the case of pseudos, they arent actively modded, they simply use stats from a weapon to help deal damage, so it isnt really the ability dealing the elemental damage, but the stick you have with you.

Sure it would be great if everything worked as expected... or would it? What would you really expect from a skill like landslide when it isnt modable like an exalted? I for one would not expect it to deal any damage but what is stated on the ability. Does that mean we should remove the hidden interaction between stat sticks and pseudos to meet expectations? Exalteds already work as expected, since I cant slot BR/WW I dont expect them to work.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Exalted weapons are definently abilities, and you do deal the damage with the ability that is also individually modded. In the case of pseudos, they arent actively modded, they simply use stats from a weapon to help deal damage, so it isnt really the ability dealing the elemental damage, but the stick you have with you.

Sure it would be great if everything worked as expected... or would it? What would you really expect from a skill like landslide when it isnt modable like an exalted? I for one would not expect it to deal any damage but what is stated on the ability. Does that mean we should remove the hidden interaction between stat sticks and pseudos to meet expectations? Exalteds already work as expected, since I cant slot BR/WW I dont expect them to work.

Saying that it shouldn't count because of where the mods go is just semantics, the ability's mods going in one place and not the other is nothing more than technicality kept along only because DE still hasn't updated these abilities like they updated Exalted Weapons in the past. Which - if it were done correctly - would be a good thing. If that's the only reason Atlas can no longer trigger these mods then that's a pretty shallow reason.

And yes, it'd be good if everything worked as you expected it to? lol

18 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Saying that it shouldn't count because of where the mods go is just semantics, the ability's mods going in one place and not the other is nothing more than technicality kept along only because DE still hasn't updated these abilities like they updated Exalted Weapons in the past. Which - if it were done correctly - would be a good thing. If that's the only reason Atlas can no longer trigger these mods then that's a pretty shallow reason.

And yes, it'd be good if everything worked as you expected it to? lol

I would expect a massive backlash if they gave pseudos the exalted treatment, since that would mean no rivens, no BR/WW and so on for them in return. I also dont think it's semantics, because there is a vast difference between modding a skill straight up and relying on a stat stick to improve said skill. We are effectively building the skill our way when it comes to exalteds. Same cant be said about pseudos aslong as they benefit from rivens, since there are no actual skill or frame rivens, only weapon rivens. And if they can benefit from a weapon riven, I'd say the damage isnt coming from the skill.

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I would expect a massive backlash if they gave pseudos the exalted treatment, since that would mean no rivens, no BR/WW and so on for them in return. I also dont think it's semantics, because there is a vast difference between modding a skill straight up and relying on a stat stick to improve said skill. We are effectively building the skill our way when it comes to exalteds. Same cant be said about pseudos aslong as they benefit from rivens, since there are no actual skill or frame rivens, only weapon rivens. And if they can benefit from a weapon riven, I'd say the damage isnt coming from the skill.

I would expect massive backlash to anything, but if DE offset the loss of Rivens, BR/WW/Gladiator, and the Combo Counter with base stat buffs and a 1/2/4x combo system like Landslide has then it wouldn't be a big deal. There'd still probably be a slight loss in power for people with perfect high-Disposition Rivens, but those Rivens are subject to periodic change anyways and now they could use Focus schools other than Naramon, actually use Heavy Attacks, and build their melees however they want. As a Khora main, I welcome such a thing. Please kill my Riven, and give Whipclaw a damage falloff like other AoEs.

And while yes, there is a difference between modding a skill and modding a skill using a stat-stick, is there really a "vast difference"? Is putting Shocking Touch here:

H513BaQ.png

... realllllly that vastly different than putting it two rows down here:

k56oYGQ.png

Two abilities on the same frame, neither of which innately deals Electric damage, both able to be modded, both using the same mods, both of which used to scale from the same stat-stick until only one of them was updated, both able to proc the same Archon Stretch effect (for now). Does it really matter where the damage is coming from when it gets there using the same mods either way? The "vast difference" is moving your mouse down 70 pixels or so.

And if we're nitpicking where the damage comes from, if the damage has to come from an ability then why does the damage coming from Exalted Weapons count in the first place? Especially if the damage from Pseudo-Exalted Abilities aren't intended to. If it's being accepted that these weapons summoned by abilities are actually abilities, then shouldn't weapons buffed by abilities be triggering the effects, too? It's all inconsistent.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

I would expect massive backlash to anything, but if DE offset the loss of Rivens, BR/WW/Gladiator, and the Combo Counter with base stat buffs and a 1/2/4x combo system like Landslide has then it wouldn't be a big deal. There'd still probably be a slight loss in power for people with perfect high-Disposition Rivens, but those Rivens are subject to periodic change anyways and now they could use Focus schools other than Naramon, actually use Heavy Attacks, and build their melees however they want. As a Khora main, I welcome such a thing. Please kill my Riven, and give Whipclaw a damage falloff like other AoEs.

And while yes, there is a difference between modding a skill and modding a skill using a stat-stick, is there really a "vast difference"? Is putting Shocking Touch here:

H513BaQ.png

... realllllly that vastly different than putting it two rows down here:

k56oYGQ.png

Two abilities on the same frame, neither of which innately deals Electric damage, both able to be modded, both using the same mods, both of which used to scale from the same stat-stick until only one of them was updated, both able to proc the same Archon Stretch effect (for now). Does it really matter where the damage is coming from when it gets there using the same mods either way? The "vast difference" is moving your mouse down 70 pixels or so.

And if we're nitpicking where the damage comes from, if the damage has to come from an ability then why does the damage coming from Exalted Weapons count in the first place? Especially if the damage from Pseudo-Exalted Abilities aren't intended to. If it's being accepted that these weapons summoned by abilities are actually abilities, then shouldn't weapons buffed by abilities be triggering the effects, too? It's all inconsistent.

Well that is just silly. So now the placement of the UI is a reason aswell? Would you have been satisfied if it had its own seperate page instead? And you need to stop bringing up "used to" as if it means anything now. That was then, how it works now is now. Exalteds are vastly different, they have far more restrictions etc. overall, so you arent comparing apples to apples at this point. No BR/WW, no extra capacity from stance and so on. It is almost as if they were designed with a different intent from both normal weapons and pseudos! And to answer the "nitpicking" part. For exalted it comes from the ability since the ability is modded, it isnt a weapon just because the skill summons one, it is still fully tied to that skill and is the skill. For buffs you use the skill to buff the weapon, the skill itself never deals damage, unless you directly cast it at a target like Frost, Volt or Ember can. Outside of that it is the weapon that inflicts the status. The only case where I could see the skill as dealing the damage is Toxic Lash, since it never combines with other elements on the weapon you buff.

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well that is just silly. So now the placement of the UI is a reason aswell? Would you have been satisfied if it had its own seperate page instead? And you need to stop bringing up "used to" as if it means anything now. That was then, how it works now is now. Exalteds are vastly different, they have far more restrictions etc. overall, so you arent comparing apples to apples at this point. No BR/WW, no extra capacity from stance and so on. It is almost as if they were designed with a different intent from both normal weapons and pseudos! And to answer the "nitpicking" part. For exalted it comes from the ability since the ability is modded, it isnt a weapon just because the skill summons one, it is still fully tied to that skill and is the skill. For buffs you use the skill to buff the weapon, the skill itself never deals damage, unless you directly cast it at a target like Frost, Volt or Ember can. Outside of that it is the weapon that inflicts the status. The only case where I could see the skill as dealing the damage is Toxic Lash, since it never combines with other elements on the weapon you buff.

I think you're missing my point...

Abilities like Exalted Blade can be modded by putting mods into Slot A.

Abilities like Slash Dash can be modded by putting mods into Slot B.

That's the "vast difference". That's it. It's nothing. Who cares? If you can mod an ability to make it trigger the effects and that's totally allowed and intended, then why shouldn't you be able to mod a different ability a teensy bit differently to trigger the effects too? There's no reason a procedural difference this inane and trivial should matter.

5 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I think you're missing my point...

Abilities like Exalted Blade can be modded by putting mods into Slot A.

Abilities like Slash Dash can be modded by putting mods into Slot B.

That's the "vast difference". That's it. It's nothing. Who cares? If you can mod an ability to make it trigger the effects and that's totally allowed and intended, then why shouldn't you be able to mod a different ability a teensy bit differently to trigger the effects too? There's no reason a procedural difference this inane and trivial should matter.

I still dont see your point. They are designed the way they are with differences across the board, you are oversimplifying the differences between exalted and pseudo skills. It isnt just about modding or not, it is about how they are modded, about how they work when used and so on. No matter how you look at it, pseudo weapons will always have their extra damage coming from a normal weapon while exalted weapons will have the damage come from the skill itself, since the skill is effectively and actively morphed to deal that type of damage.

In Slash Dash case it is allowed to deal damage because it uses the exalted skill in the process. If it benefits from your normal equipped weapon modding for archon procs that should be fixed if it can, if it doesnt break the interaction with exalted blade that is.

Archived