FrohdBek

Let's Make A Deal, Tenno

Okay cheap writing at it's finest again.

Jupiter has been overrun by Infested for a long time, so Alad can't use them as biological weapons, because they were allready there for a long time.

It would have been better just saying that he is hard to find because he uses the present Infested as a cover, making tracking him down difficult.
Also how is someone supposed to stay hidden if he is in a giant city, even on a gas giant, that structure should create a lot of traffic and an energy signature that could be easily tracked down.

This once again raises the question on how good we are supposed to be at our job of information gathering if we can't trackd down such an installation? It practically has a massive sign over it reading "WARNING! Super Secret Gas Mining Facility! SECRET!!!" and like some idiots we can't see it?

Why didn't you just had Fehd say:
"Dear Tenno. In the name of Profit the Corpus are willing to make you an offer. Some of us are highly dissapointed with Alad V and his Zanuka project is a big waste of money that just makes you angry. But he has connections and we are unwillingly to let such an asset go for nothing. So here is the offer. We are trying for a long time to establish resource production at Jupiter, but those damn infested are constantly interrupting that.  How about you clean up all these sectors for us. We can replace our losses at Mars and you can get your revenge on him. You even get some resources recovered from the cleaned ships. Do we have a deal?"

Also, why do i have the feeling you made this Fehd guy on the fly? The guy is just a copypaste of a Corpus hostage. Why can't it be the guy who allready makes us offers on the marketplace? I mean he is allready working with us, so wouldn't putting Alad V. out of competition be in his favor aswell?

As for the story part. Yeah that's a reasonable development. Alad V. blew a large chunk of the Corpus money on a wastefull campaign against the Grineer, lost said campaign and lost a huge part of Mars to them in the process. It's reasonable some of the people inside the Corpus leaderships would want him out of the picture now.

The offer is reasonable for both sides and it's a good setup for this sub-event.

However i don't understand how Zanuka is supposed to make Alad richer than everyone? The thing needs Tenno parts to be build and those are in short supply. Even shorter when having the Tenno themself cutting into the production. If anything it would just be a wastefull super weapon like the Yamato during WWII. A super battleship that took a massive amount of resources to build and took them all with it when it was sunk during it's first fight.

Either way i get my chance to introduce Alad's cranium to my shiny Brakk.

what happens to the tenno who supported alad v ?

According to Steve they get a unique boss banter from him if they supported him during Gravidus.

Also they can either kill him now, or spare him. The Lotus gave free reign over suppporting him for the sake of all these unseen civilians we never hear anything about.

So from their botched "keeping the balance" story attempt the other Tenno did not punish them for it.

Edited by Othergrunty
  • Upvote 2

-snip-

I have stopped attempting to rationalize stuff lore-wise that DE puts out. Really, it has become clear that they don't consult the writers of the game for ANYTHING they put out. So hey, F*** it, sure, Alad now have Mind Control of bullS#&$ because of reasons as strong as Corpus Rangers...

Toss in Detron BPs and you have a deal, mister Bek!

However i don't understand how Zanuka is supposed to make Alad richer than everyone?

That's easy. If Zanuka is successful in hunting down Tenno, he'll be able to farm us like how we farm Ruk or Lephantis.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

what happens to the tenno who supported alad v ?

They will all start bashing the poor infested in the hopes of getting the mothafugging Detron.

I supported corpussies and all I got to show that after 140-ish battles was a badge. Which I happen to love, but I was hoping for something more.

Okay cheap writing at it's finest again.

However i don't understand how Zanuka is supposed to make Alad richer than everyone?

Zanuka is theoretically going to be a serious threat for Tenno, so I assume he is going to collect a ton of dead Tenno bodies, and sell them for profit.

YESSS.. Finally side with the Infested

In the livestream, the battlepay shows the infested can NEVER be sided with. Alas, it is not to be.

I'm having a little bit of a problem here...

So this Frohd guy feels threatened by Alad, so I assume he wants him gone. But then, why make us kill infested? Why no just give us Alad's position so we can end him? 

Deal for now, but I'll be watching you for now on Frohd Bek. Watch what you say or do or else you suffer the same fate as Alad V.

Edited by mei01

FrohdBek,

I despise you, and all your kind. Your stuck up cult is a blight to all of creation. However, Alad V has committed terrible atrocities to my Tenno brethren, and for that he must die.

We have a deal.....for now

But, if you even think of betraying me, your soul will become my play thing.

-Nekros

In the livestream, the battlepay shows the infested can NEVER be sided with. Alas, it is not to be.

Or is it? dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuun-

I'm having a little bit of a problem here...

So this Frohd guy feels threatened by Alad, so I assume he wants him gone. But then, why make us kill infested? Why no just give us Alad's position so we can end him? 

Frohd claims that his corpus ships he sent in have all been infected by Alad's "bioweaponry." We kill the infested, we avenge his soldiers.

Never trust a betrayer.

We'll clean up the Infested mess because it's our job not because of Profit.

funny, the corpus call US the betrayers.

• Upvote 2

Why would I want to kill the man I supported in the last major event?

Because he bad. He baaaaaad. And he gives you loot. And you didn't really support him per say, you fought against grineer expansion for rewards from said man.

• Upvote 1

So i wonder what the Infested equivalent of the Brakk and detron is?

I don't like Alad V or corpus for that matter, but i do like infested. Who would be better?