The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would love some way to auto-detonate the Aegrit (joint pain)

(PSN)Unstar

I love using the Aegrit, but I've found that the loop of throwing (R2) and then detonating them (R3) quickly starts to make my joints hurt.  I don't want their current functionality to be removed for those who enjoy it, but I'd love either a setting or maybe a mod that changed the detonation to be on impact or proximity.  I know that the Penta has some mods that change the behavior of its grenades like this, so it would be cool to have something similar for the Aegrit.

I really like this weapon, so I'm hoping that someday we'll see some sort of option to remove the necessity of R3 for its usage.  Thanks for hearing my feedback!

I love the mechanic, but a solution for you and others like you would be good.  A throwing mine exilus might be cool, that made them proximity detonated.  Or an Adhesive Blast equivalent, though I feel the fuse on that is longer than it should be.

I think if it is an exilus it should include a secondary mutation or +ammo effect, not as strong as a dedicated mod.  (Adhesive Blast should get this too or maybe projectile speed.)

2 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Hold fire?   Thrown bombs are semi-auto.   For controllers, detonation can be done through holding Fire button.

You can do that by default with controllers?  It doesn't work for me with mouse, though it probably could be made to work with a macro.

If you mean it's a solution that could be implemented, yeah.  It's simple and elegant, and avoids the mod slot issues of what I proposed.

My only partial reservation is I still hold on to hope that DE gives us a universal [semiauto -> auto] fire control option.   I suppose mines could be an exception to that in the event it ever actually happens.

il y a 18 minutes, Kainosh a dit :

Wait....Isnt't R3 a stick button?  Why would you map secondary fire there?  Isnt it better for reloading+ interact or something?

That the problem on controller.

Aegrit , penta ...etc I don't play them because of that. But if it's just for detonation it's dotable.

But there is worst , With naberus I've buy the basmu and his secondary fire is a beam which you must hold the secondary button... go aim when you hold the right stick that you use for the camera.

They could do the duplex trigger like the tigris. Push down to throw, let go to detonate. Castanas/Penta could probably use the same treatment. I wouldn't necessarily want this as my default interaction, because it would mean you can't stack multiple throws of devices before detonating.

27 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Stick buttons are awful, I'd strongly recommend rebinding to a face or shoulder button if possible.

37 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Wait....Isnt't R3 a stick button?  Why would you map secondary fire there?  Isnt it better for reloading+ interact or something?

Sadly Warframe has pretty much exhausted a controller's bandwidth with all the buttons it uses.  I believe R3 is the default for Alt-Fire, and every time I try to remap the controls to make room for it, I end up agreeing that that's (very unfortunately) the best place for it.

Ideally, you'd want secondary Fire on a shoulder button, because then you can use Secondary Fire while both moving and aiming.  Sadly they're full: Primary Fire, ADS, Crouch/Slide, and Warframe Powers.

So after that you'd probably want one of the face buttons on the right side, but they're full too: Jump, Melee, Interact/Reload, and Change Weapon.

In practice what that means is that I generally avoid weapons with prominent Secondary Fire, since there's not a good button for it (I didn't realize the Aegrit had this until I had already constructed it and fallen in love with it, whoops!).  Maybe I'll see if I can somehow relocate Change Weapon?  But it's nice to have quick and easy access to that while moving, and it gets pressed often enough that I'd really prefer not to have it on one of those terrible stick buttons...

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Sadly Warframe has pretty much exhausted a controller's bandwidth with all the buttons it uses.  I believe R3 is the default for Alt-Fire, and every time I try to remap the controls to make room for it, I end up agreeing that that's (very unfortunately) the best place for it.

Yeah, I know. Tried it once.   Barely can fit basic controls, so i dropped it. 

Anyway, I recommend to rig K&M to your console.   Coz even if DE make some sort of "automatic" secondary fire trigger or somesuch, you still miss out on Item hotkeys and all that comfy stuff.  Like, get a half kb and a tiny mouse, put it on a "bed tray" and go wild. 

Archived