Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Revenant Prime: Hotfix 32.0.13

[DE]Megan

No word on 100% armor strip not full stripping Augmented Armor enemies? A clarification if it is intended or not would be nice!

During Archon Fights Companions and Sentinels bug out. I had my sentinel get stuck in full HP and Shields, enemy radar from it was working, but Vacuum and everything else was not. It did not appear dead, it did not disappear, just simply stopped working. Similar thing happened with a Kavat, that started to bleed out outside of a door that became locked for the Archon Fight, rendering the cat to get stuck in bleed out state. After the fight, we attempted to res the Kavat, resulting in 2 people to get Soft Locked, unable to cast abilities, use transference and appear to be moving around in the pose frames go into when the tenno is out.

That issue is forcing a meta of bringing only vulpapylas to Archon Hunts, since they self revive, which quite frankly, is destroying any Loadout diversity for the mission type.

56 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

My Kuva Chakkhurr has a punch through but it's not going through doors or enemies, is this normal being an impact weapon, if so I have a dead stat on the riven.

Last I checked, punch through no longer works on weapons with a radial damage component.  Chakkhur is one I've tested.  Although I've found no exceptions except for Komorex.  (edit: And Battacor altfire.)

Not sure if this is an undocumented change or a bug.

10 minutes ago, Wheelhouser said:

It has to do with the consoles.

Thanks for the reply :)

I meant more in the sense of explaining the difference between stuff that needs a cert and stuff that doesn't, tho. I undestand why adding for example a new Warframe needs a cert. There are new textures and animations etc., but why this:

24 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Capture Containers spawning in very odd and often unreachable areas during the Defend and Capture Containers objective in Orb Vallis Bounties. 

• Notably in the tunnel near Central Maintenance and while playing through Narmer missions.

doesn't need a cert, when the fix for Felarx does.

When I studied at uni I had programming classes among other things and tried to make a few very simple games, so I am actually curious about the real problems of cert for game developers.

21 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Panthera primary fire punch through going through the environment but not through enemies.

Is this kind of a sideways confirmation that punch through is not supposed to be working on Panthera's altfire, or Panthera Prime at all?  Or that punch through isn't working any more on most weapons with an AoE component?

...and...

27 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The fix is code, therefore will be in the next Cert Update. More info coming soon on that. 

Glad to hear that!

While the topic of Felarx is hot, there's a bug with another one of its perks:

mQyyM2X.png

^ Kinetic Baffle (-50% recoil) does not apply unless the player is aiming. Mods that reduce recoil work as expected, though.

20 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Last I checked, punch through no longer works on weapons with a radial damage component.  Chakkhur is one I've tested.  Although I've found no exceptions except for Komorex.

Not sure if this is an undocumented change or a bug.

Wasn't sure if bug or not, I don't know, I can still do headshots so that still works, the punchthrough is just one stat on my riven so no biggy, I can always reroll to get something better on it, I've had the Riven back in Scarlet Spear event, I only pulled the Chakhurr out from using it for the event to have some fun with it and was puzzled at the no punchthrough.

Hey uhh, DE, you need to get on this one, stat. 

New Bug: Syndicate Console Menu Bug

After entering the console, the entire game gets soft-locked, cannot escape, cannot back out, cannot unstuck. 

Forced to Alt + F4 out of the game or force-end the program. 

Please have this seen immediately, as this occurred twice to me within the span of a few minutes. 

Video proof 

As of this Hotfix, with video proof, and a new video, Panthera Prime is still bugged with punch through mods not working at all. 

Documented as of just a few minutes ago, and still shows the value of punch through added to the wep. 

The punch through still does nothing, despite this bug (supposedly been fixed years ago for the base version) apparently not been fixed at all, as been documented by this hotfix, only fixing the base version, and not the prime variant. 

The video below demonstrates the Panthera "PRIME" with this bug still in place as of today. First without Primed Shred, then with it back on to show that punch through still does nothing. 

Took the long way to Simaris due to the Syndicate Console Bug that is also new with this update and made me force-quit the game multiple times before getting this done. 

Video here: 

I'd still like to get an update on Archon Mods and how they are being triggered:

The implementation remains arbitrary and inconsistent:

•  Volt's Shock is an ability that deals Electricity Damage directly.
    It triggers Archon Stretch. ✔
  • Khora's Venari is a Exalted Companion passive ability that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage via a companion.
    Believe it or not, she triggers Archon Stretch. ✔
  • Excalibur's Exalted Blade is an Exalted Weapon ability that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage via a summoned weapon.
  • Excalibur's Slash Dash is a Pseudo-Exalted Ability that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage directly.
  • Atlas Landslide is a Pseudo-Exalted Ability that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage directly.
    It triggered Archon Stretch until it was "fixed" in 32.0.9, and now it does not trigger Archon Stretch.
  • Gara's Shattered Lash and Khora's Whipclaw are both Pseudo-Exalted Abilities that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage directly.
    They have never triggered Archon Stretch.  

And this list seems to grow day by day.

• Synergized Prospectus is a Precept for Hounds that deals Electricity Damage directly.
    It triggers Archon Stretch.
  • Arc Coil is a Precept for Diriga that deals Electricity Damage directly.
    It does not trigger Archon Stretch.
  • Volt's Shock Trooper is an augment for an ability that deals Electricity Damage via a weapon.
    Shock Trooper cast on a weapon does not trigger Archon Stretch.
    Shock Trooper cast on Khora's Whipclaw, an ability, does not trigger Archon Stretch.
    Shock Trooper cast on Excalibur's Slash Dash, an ability, does trigger Archon Stretch. ✔
    Shock Trooper cast on Excalibur's Slash Dash, an ability, when Exalted Blade is active, does not trigger Archon Stretch.
    This is because Shock Trooper cannot be cast on an Exalted Weapon ability, even though it is a weapon. This is a separate inconsistency found within these buffs.
    But Shock Trooper can be cast on Khora's Venari, an Exalted Companion passive ability, even though it is not a weapon, and it does trigger Archon Stretch. ✔

So Volt's Shock Trooper is an augment for an ability that deals Electricity Damage via a weapon, and because of the involvement of the weapon it is not supposed to trigger Archon Stretch, but it also does not trigger when cast on an Exalted Weapon. This is because Shock Trooper and other damage buffs don't apply to Exalted Weapons at all! But it does trigger when cast on Khora's Venari, which is the same kind of directly moddable Exalted Ability as Exalted Blade and all the others. And it does not trigger when cast on a Pseudo-Exalted Ability, unless that Pseudo-Exalted Ability is Slash Dash, but only if Exalted Blade is not drawn. And separate from Shock Trooper, these mods do trigger if a Hound uses a Prospectus Precept. But they do not trigger for other Precepts like those found on Sentinels.

Perfectly clear, right?

25 minutes ago, MortalMercenary said:

Any word on Equinox Pacify damage reduction per # of enemies not taking into account enemies with overguard?

+1.   I made a video demonstration of the problem:

Damage is always 23 regardless of whether Pacify is on or not.  And there's no energy drain.  (It's not shown in the video but Pacify is working as it should with non-Eximus.)

Equinox has a similar problem with Rage, where the damage vulnerability component has no effect on them:

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

+1.   I made a video demonstration of the problem:

Damage is always 23 regardless of whether Pacify is on or not.  And there's no energy drain.  (It's not shown in the video but Pacify is working as it should with non-Eximus.)

Equinox has a similar problem with Rage, where the damage vulnerability component has no effect on them:

I mean, overguarded enemies aren't affected by warframe ability debuffs/effects in general, so doesn't it make sense that they aren't included in calculations like that?

Yesterday I had a kubrodon conservation abruptly end twice while I was following the footprints to the echo call point. Both times, the start point, footprints, and I'm assuming the call point disappeared ~15 seconds after triggering the start point and following the steps.

Edit: oh, and thanks for all the bugfixes that you do! 

Are ayatans/rare crates broken or maybe golden instinct?  Farmed 5 sisters yesterday and there was not a single one.  Was working fine the day before. 

Also can you fix always getting mission failed after the sister assassination mission? Been that way for months now.

46 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Thanks for the reply :)

I meant more in the sense of explaining the difference between stuff that needs a cert and stuff that doesn't, tho. I undestand why adding for example a new Warframe needs a cert. There are new textures and animations etc., but why this:

doesn't need a cert, when the fix for Felarx does.

When I studied at uni I had programming classes among other things and tried to make a few very simple games, so I am actually curious about the real problems of cert for game developers.

It's more to do with console system things rather than bug fixes (plenty of bugs exist in games that have passed cert and have no cert issues).

Things like account access, online security, console stability, etc.  Bugs beyond the game crashing aren't really a concern (for the most part) for getting cert.

Why the Felarx fix needs cert has to do, I'm guessing, with what files need to be changed.  And each game is going to be slightly different in how they pack their files.  Things like AI pathing and zone spawns should be mostly server side, which means no code on every console (likely) gets changed.  Things like how an item the player has functions are more likely to have code on the console.  I don't use the Felarx and don't know it's Evos, so I don't know how it's broken exactly, but if it needs cert, DE needs to change things on the client side.

1 minute ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I mean, overguarded enemies aren't affected by warframe ability debuffs/effects in general, so doesn't it make sense that they aren't included in calculations like that?

From the patch notes for 31.5:

While Overguard is active, it will keep Eximus units immune to Warframe crowd control abilities and anything that will stagger, knockdown, stun, mind control, ragdoll, and blind. Additionally, Overguarded enemies will be unaffected by Radiation Status Effects and will be susceptible to a maximum of 4 Cold Status Effects at one time.

It says nothing about damage debuffs, or any effects that aren't CC or AI.

If you're talking about the Equinox Rage issue I mentioned, Rage does have a quasi-CC effect, but that shouldn't affect the damage vulnerability.  Every other damage vulnerability I've tested that should work does work: Sonar, Chakram, Sentient Wrath, etc.

Sentient Wrath is especially notable because it too has a CC component as well.  This doesn't affect units through OG, but the damage vulnerability does apply.

Archived