Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Revenant Prime: Hotfix 32.0.13

[DE]Megan

On 2022-10-14 at 7:47 PM, PublikDomain said:

I'd still like to get an update on Archon Mods and how they are being triggered:

The implementation remains arbitrary and inconsistent:

And this list seems to grow day by day.

• Synergized Prospectus is a Precept for Hounds that deals Electricity Damage directly.
    It triggers Archon Stretch.
  • Arc Coil is a Precept for Diriga that deals Electricity Damage directly.
    It does not trigger Archon Stretch.
  • Volt's Shock Trooper is an augment for an ability that deals Electricity Damage via a weapon.
    Shock Trooper cast on a weapon does not trigger Archon Stretch.
    Shock Trooper cast on Khora's Whipclaw, an ability, does not trigger Archon Stretch.
    Shock Trooper cast on Excalibur's Slash Dash, an ability, does trigger Archon Stretch. ✔
    Shock Trooper cast on Excalibur's Slash Dash, an ability, when Exalted Blade is active, does not trigger Archon Stretch.
    This is because Shock Trooper cannot be cast on an Exalted Weapon ability, even though it is a weapon. This is a separate inconsistency found within these buffs.
    But Shock Trooper can be cast on Khora's Venari, an Exalted Companion passive ability, even though it is not a weapon, and it does trigger Archon Stretch. ✔

So Volt's Shock Trooper is an augment for an ability that deals Electricity Damage via a weapon, and because of the involvement of the weapon it is not supposed to trigger Archon Stretch, but it also does not trigger when cast on an Exalted Weapon. This is because Shock Trooper and other damage buffs don't apply to Exalted Weapons at all! But it does trigger when cast on Khora's Venari, which is the same kind of directly moddable Exalted Ability as Exalted Blade and all the others. And it does not trigger when cast on a Pseudo-Exalted Ability, unless that Pseudo-Exalted Ability is Slash Dash, but only if Exalted Blade is not drawn. And separate from Shock Trooper, these mods do trigger if a Hound uses a Prospectus Precept. But they do not trigger for other Precepts like those found on Sentinels.

Perfectly clear, right?

Good post.

DE should clear this mess up, pronto. Since the mod cost for the Archon mods is quite high, I can see no real reason to create a lot of specific "limitation rules". As long as the ultimate source for the damage type in question is an ABILITY and it is the ABILITY that does the actual damage, the Archon mod should trigger it's effects.

From this follows logically that with the exception of warframe ABILITY mods (augments), damage resulting from weapon or companion mods or "non-abilities" should NEVER trigger Archon mod effects. From which follows that stat sticks, weapon mods on exalted weapons or mods on companions cannot trigger Archon mods and neither can weapon damage (even if it is buffed with damage from an ability).

It really isn't that hard. It just two rather simple prerogatives: the ultimate source of the damage has to be an ability, and it has to be an ability that does the actual damage.

The alternative is to go the other way and remove the "ability clause" on the mods and just open up the effect to trigger on damage X from any source. But the current mess is totally unnecessary and just as irritating. And since any "experienced" Warframe player can see a lot of fixes and tweaks coming (that will shut down some of the strange things that currently trigger Archon mods) that irritation will persist until this is all fixed. So just fix it, please.

This is so frustrating, finish the mission bar the end fight and while fighting Big Spider it falls through the map glitches into a wall where my game cursor is pointing at, not happy lost everything because I cannot finish the mission and have wasted my time and will need to abort and do it all again.

I stayed in the mission for awhile trying to bomb the hell out of the wall and floors hoping I could kill it but nope it's gone to BUG heaven. must post this in bug section when I find it.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edit: Apparently DE knows it's a bug and can't seem to fix it yet, so I just added it to this thread in Feedback. anyone got the Pea Beu bug spray handy.

Edit: Finished it in second run no bugs.

On 2022-10-22 at 11:14 PM, Graavarg said:

Good post.

DE should clear this mess up, pronto. Since the mod cost for the Archon mods is quite high, I can see no real reason to create a lot of specific "limitation rules". As long as the ultimate source for the damage type in question is an ABILITY and it is the ABILITY that does the actual damage, the Archon mod should trigger it's effects.

I think the most straightforward approach is just the first clause on its own: the damage should just originate from an ability. There are too many little details and nuances to get caught up on what proxy is being used to apply the damage in the last step.

Archived