Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 11: Valkyr Unleashed

[DE]Rebecca

So is there still nothing that will prolong end-game other than grinding yet? 

PVP doesnt count for me though, pvp aint much different anyway still gotta farm to farm to farm for best stuff to have a chance of winning.

If not I probI still wont be playing :/ The game ran its course for me now really. Gonna be one of those games that gets the nostalgic look back once in a while I guess if nothings added to make it that bit better soon :(

Okay so far.

1.Chat isn't working for me. Can't access it in any way.

2. Maybe it's because i use a low resolution but the crosshair of the scanner is off when zooming. It's always several centimers off to the right. I can only really aim at scan targets when using the crosshair while zoomed out. Dunno why.

3. Grineer Napalms and Scorch now have a strong brown color scheme making it hard to seperate them from Troopers. Which makes them far more harder to pick out. Not nice at all.

4. Just ran Hek 2 times. It seems there are now new different elements in the levels.

Great update overall!

But I've experience some of things that I am assuming are bugs. I got the Valkyr warframe and her 2 powers that cost 50 and 75 energy won't activate when I try to use them. I had enough energy and I have the mods equipped. Another comment about Valkyr: She's slow, and her alt helm if kind of blurred.

A great things I experienced was that wall-running is so much more fluid. The UI looks unique. I'll get use to it. 25 energy powers now cost no points unranked. The new Corpus maps looks good. The Grineer map addition was confusing at first. I don't have any comments for Armor 2.0 because I'm using the starter weapons to get mastery points. Yay, sentinels and their weapons now add to your mastery rank. I'm 10 now!

So is there still nothing that will prolong end-game other than grinding yet? 

PVP doesnt count for me though, pvp aint much different anyway still gotta farm to farm to farm for best stuff to have a chance of winning.

If not I probI still wont be playing :/ The game ran its course for me now really. Gonna be one of those games that gets the nostalgic look back once in a while I guess if nothings added to make it that bit better soon :(

They added new bosses though. Check those out. 

Just thought I'd throw out my first impressions of the subsequent changes.

So, obviously the first thing I noticed was the loading screen, cool art, nicely done. I will enjoy seeing that screen until the next update! :)

Next, the brand new general UI layout. Although we'd been previewed it  somewhat in the livestream, it is of course a very different experience when it's right in front of you, in the flesh (pixels?). I first noticed that now the whole 'theme' of the UI is more unified (aka, more like the alterations made to the arsenal back in U10, but all across the board). This so far has made the UI feel much more fluid and cohesive, awesome work.

I made an effort to first familiarize myself with the new toolbar, which in my eyes is the apparent highlight of the UI changes. The first thing that I made sure to look at was the order of the button and what they do. after fiddling around with them a little, the only notable issue I see is the placement of the market button. I don't want to get into anything about if this has anything do to with DE's marketing strategy, but I do feel it should be more on the right side of the toolbar as opposed to the left. The only reason why I feel it, along with the rearrangement of the other buttons is simply a hierarchy of use and for the grouping of similar buttons. I may be completely wrong statistically speaking about this, but I think that the button order from left to right should go:

Arsenal > Foundry > Keys > Codex > Market > Inbox > Settings > Logout

If this is something that DE feels very strongly about, then no big deal, it's not a huge issue to begin with whatsoever. But I do think an arrangement like that would make more anatomical sense.

Being as eager as I was to get a look at all these fancy new features, I next decided to take a look at the codex. My first impression from the livestream was already that of excitement, but this feature thus far has exceeded any of my pre-conceived notions. There is vastly more information in it than I had anticipated, and so far I'm VERY happy that this was put together so well. I can't really comment on much else such as the scanning process, since I haven't tried it out yet, but nonetheless I am very pleased with your guys' work on this fantastic addition to the game.

Next I began to look for other new UI changes I had not yet seen. The chat/friends/clan tab is an interesting change to say the least. I found using it slightly awkward, but I would chalk this up to simple not being used to it, and I feel that getting used to have the buttons on the left rather than the button will not be an issue. I would like to note that, as much as I love the big and spacious chat window, is there perhaps the chance we could have the option to make it a little smaller? While i personally have no problem with its size, I know others might feel it's slightly overwhelming. Other than that, the design is very nice and sleek.

Now onto gameplay. I've only played a handful of missions since the updtae dropped, so I can't really say much as to what's good, what's bad, and what's ugly as of yet. I did notice one small (what appeared to be) glitch with enemies. On inconsistent occasions, I would be in a game and be shooting at enemies - when something slightly odd started happening. When I would mistakenly shoot a downed target thinking it was still alive, it would display damage numbers. Once I noticed this happening, I made an effort to shoot at targets that I knew for certain were already dead - and this confirmed my suspicion. I'm not sure if this is a product of D2.0, and I wouldn't assume it to be, but I think it might be something worth looking into.

Final summation, this was a great update overall with little to no drawbacks. I'm not only blown away with all the new content, but with how smoothly it has been implemented with so few issues. This tells me DE has significantly stepped up their game on giving us quality AND quantity at the same time. I look forward to studying D2.0 now that I can interact with it, and want to say thank DE for another awesome collection of additions to an already awesome game. 

Can we have a Rollback till you fix what you broke? it wasnt broken in the first place but you go and emo break it because it doesnt work in ps4. sorry but if you want to see this game work stop living and coding in fantasy make believe land and start listening to those players that know the hell they are typing about. i do know a stupid decision when i see one, To update this game with this current update was just plain S T U P I D. nothing works right, bugs are free flowing, UI and hotbuttons break , modules dont work properly anymore, auras broken, melee weapons get stuck, more memory holes than swiss cheese, Send this piece of crap update back to Q&A before releasing it here.

DE... emmm.... can i have at least U10 difficulty back?

i just made a Cyath run... without making a shot... because my sentinel killed a map.... like alone... 570 kills alone...

another Cyath run with WoF of Ember.... no comments there.

i mean... all cool and stuff. but what is the point of playing if there is zero chance of failure?

i thought i knew what steamrolling means in this game... looks like i was wrong. like very wrong.

i am kinda shocked.... I am so shocked that sobered.

Edited by Althix

Thanks for the update, looks like allot of new features that will need further testing before commenting.

(edit:) Once again blown away by the art team.  The new look for the Dojo Labs, Oracle and Power Plants are jaw droping.

I have 2 major concerns:

1. The prime access benefits are not only more goodies than the founders got but it costs less for them as well.  Not really a good way to endear yourself to the group of paying players that helped fund the game when it needed it the most.

2. More an issue than the previous one, is that you have now opened a huge door to 'gold' farmers allowing platinum to be traded.  This isnt a good thing given you didnt want the 'gold' sellers/spam issues and ignored the many points players have made reguarding this being an issue if the trading of platinum was allowed.

Edited by Loswaith

Firstly, awesome update so far the enlarged map being one of my favourite features so far.

Secondly, we WERE asked in red text if we were sure we wanted a probably buggy U11 released like now. At the time I was in the void and I screamed "NO!!!!!!!! PERFECTION TAKES TIME- TAKE TIME: GIVE ME PERFECTION!!!!!"

I can only imagine what was screamed outside.

I wonder if in a parallel universe everyone screamed

"NO!!!!!!!! PERFECTION TAKES TIME- TAKE TIME: GIVE US PERFECTION!!!!!"

and in 2 days time U11 gets rolled out and everyone is still be able to talk after deployment? I dunno. But chat functionality would be nice, especially some red text saying a hotfix is coming in the next few minutes. If only I knew where to look for it...

DE kindly give me back my melee camera option.

Cause I'm mad.

Seconded. Melee camera option does not change anything; my warframe continues attacking forward with melee weapons.

Great change over wallrunning without sprinting.

Bad change with sliding over ledges. It's disruptive to the flow of fighting.

Please make the... [weird thing]... while zooming with sniper rifles into an option. The depth of view was a nice touch, but that floating stuff is very disruptive to view.

If only DE didn't screw up the ability to open the chat box, Check the friends list, And have the "Social Page" in the pause menu do absolutely nothing, I might have been more happy.

But considering my client has apparntley turned from a coop game, Into no chat allowed i don't think i'm up for that.

This update is very very unbecoming of the developers. A lot of things feel immediately broken. the ui felt clunky but workable before. this new ui has alot to be address.

market has no new values(the damage 2.0 values)

obvious sorting options such as sorting mods in codex by obtained

closing tabs is at least obscure if not impossible

whispers are now case sensitive

between matches ALL whispers get closed and erased

typing in chat windows still triggers hotkeys are still triggered (wasd)

light stary background and overall lighter and harder to see planet map with white text and white lights and white... really? it doesnt take a design expert to see this doesnt work.

now on the in game ui

minimap has not been addressed in any fashion

full map hides mission progress

full map lacks an obviously useful default on option

the full map half shows where end targets are, but most of the time shows nothing of value on a global scale like player locations or end targets globally. what use is a full map without these details?

were there supposed to be visual effects to the new combo elements? i see no enemies blowing up or decaying into nothing...

this update feels very half baked. 

on the topic isnt this supposed to be a game cross compatible with a console like ps4? i would return this game in a heartbeat if this kind of crap happened

Edited by DakunSkye