The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supplementing Adaptation's Fickle Nature: More Defensive Mods for Modern Damage Environments - Suggestions

CrownOfShadows

I remain irritated by Adaptation. Added a few other mods that occurred to me.

• Draining Witch is an interesting failsafe against dry energy although I'm not really sure about the average landscape of enemy health - note that this could easily be strong enough to kill nearby damaged enemies.
  • Fibrous Alchemy is a variation on Attrition's Bite except it sacrifices absolutely everything even armor - the basic idea here is to give you an enormous amount of health instead of DR - hard to say how good or bad this would work and would surely need tuning, but I kinda like this because you would be able to get a very raw sense of the damage you take. I realized health orbs would need to be massively boosted to be relevant in this case, and hp regen may need a massive boost as well, but most healing abilities are % so should be fine.
  • Trail of the Reaper - the idea here is killing enemies continually reinforces you
  • Bullet Blood is also meant to give you armor as you fight but rewards melee usage in particular
  • Doomsday Shield is somewhat similar to Prismatic Funnel except the shield is a completely separate affair, independent of everything, and it varies constantly depending on how much ammo is in it. The idea here is that you can custom tune one resistance in particular and get a good buffer against it. Note that this is not resistance, but rather sits on top of everything including shields. In this way it acts like gray health that only takes damage from one element. Inspired yet again by the hateful Blitz Eximus, seriously those guys need a nerf or we need blast resistance options.

Also, I had another post where i briefly explored another, and possibly much better alternative to resistance modding. That was kinda all over the place but here's a refined graphic:

resistancegraphic.png

We simply lower the values of our current resistance mods (in this example a max daimond skin would be something like 5% radiation resistance - 12 of them would be 60%) and allow them to be stackable (can equip multiple copies of each). Then we dedicate a new mod section to each warframe (whether this would be per loadout or not idk - maybe just one per frame? Depends on storage restrictions) where people can customize their default resistances. Obviously restrict this section to be resistance mods only. If we don't want them to be stackable, drop the mod slots down to just a few.

This patches the problems with Adaptation (what we would do with Adaptation here is a question, it could easily still sit on top of these in the core modding section, perhaps with lowered values itself, or it could be included here as a general resistance mod as well, or we could even create a special section like aura slots for adaptive resistance, where adaptation is but one of several options).

IK, it's beautiful. I basically work for DE now. Notice the resistances already display on the left - I didn't add that. Yes that's right, we already have that set up and you never see it because.... we never use these mods.

Of course, we would still need a more robust set of resistance mods for this to actually work - I'm looking at you blast damage

• 4 months later...

Archived