Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redskittlez' Locust 2.0 Aka Typhus ~Update~ 17/02/2013

RedSkittlez

warframe___before_and_after_by_mrrumbles

Translated from German, the word Weiss means white. The name of the frame became Weiss, it's my girlfriend's favorite robot character, cause it reminded her of it and she saw him as being very protective like a knight. He will be featured in her fan fic.  In it he was experimented on by Alad V to become Typhus or as we all knew him as the Locust.

Reason I named him Typhus:

Typhus is any of several similar diseases caused by Rickettsia bacteria. The name comes from the Greek "Typhos" meaning smoky or hazy, describing the state of mind of those affected with typhus. The causative organism Rickettsia is an obligate parasite bacterium that cannot survive for long outside living cells. Typhus should not be confused with typhoid fever. While "typhoid" means "typhus-like", the diseases are distinct and are caused by different species of bacteria.

The first reliable description of the disease appears during the Spanish siege of Moorish Granada in 1489. These accounts include descriptions of fever and red spots over arms, back, and chest, progressing to delirium, gangrenous sores, and the stink of rotting flesh. During the siege, the Spaniards lost 3,000 men to enemy action, but an additional 17,000 died of typhus.

Some of the symptoms include:
Extremely high fevers
Boiling blood
Delirium
Nausea
Vomiting
Rashes

Severe muscle pain

And death

Edited by RedSkittlez

Makes me think Ash and Frost had a baby. And maybe Nekros videotaped it.

I'm not really quite sure how you see ash I mean yeah he has a toothed manbile thing around his neck, but ash last I saw has it on his face and they are also a lot shorter. Also I really don't think Nekros would video tape that. I think he likes more horrible things over that.

Edited by AmatsuNoir

Warframe: Dark Memories

warframe__dark_memories___wip2_by_mrrumb

This is a wip cover for my girlfriend's (AmatsuNoir) fan fic.

This is a "what if" fan-fic for if we helped Alad V out instead of the Grineer.  We follow the story of a nova and her new companions of a frost prime and his crew and how she discovered what was going to happened to Valkyr, and Weiss who becomes the Typhus. Also how Weiss/Typhus ties back to her previous life before her memories were lost.

Sketch http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/331/a/f/warframe__dark_memories___wip_by_mrrumbles-d6vuu9v.jpg

Edited by RedSkittlez

It is a jarring bit of asymmetry, but that can work sometimes. If it has a purpose then it does have that going for it. I think the fact it's a phantom limb is what gets me. The rest is all detailed with chunky chitin and gribbly bits, but the arm is in comparison kind of just an outline. There's the bit of bony stump in it and what I assume are kind of veins, but it just seems incomplete in a way. I think it might be shorter than the other arm as well, maybe the perspective is messing with me. Regardless if this frame popped up in the market I wouldn't be complaining and I'd get it in a heart beat and hopefully ripping through the halls of corpus and grineer ships.

I really haven't finalized any thing but the phantom arm plays a role in the fanfic :)

Also it may look out of place cause its a purely black Armour being with a white arm.

If this ever makes it as an actual warframe in the game, the phantom arm should be colored by your Energy Color choice! I want a green one.

It is a jarring bit of asymmetry, but that can work sometimes. If it has a purpose then it does have that going for it. I think the fact it's a phantom limb is what gets me. The rest is all detailed with chunky chitin and gribbly bits, but the arm is in comparison kind of just an outline. There's the bit of bony stump in it and what I assume are kind of veins, but it just seems incomplete in a way. I think it might be shorter than the other arm as well, maybe the perspective is messing with me. Regardless if this frame popped up in the market I wouldn't be complaining and I'd get it in a heart beat and hopefully ripping through the halls of corpus and grineer ships.

Totally understandable, but with the phantom arm, he lost his limb by Alad Vś hand  so he forcefully regrew an underdeveloped arm using his energy. That's why it looks out of place because it's just not armored like the other arm.

If this actually becomes a frame changing your energy color would change the arm's color too.