Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redskittlez' Locust 2.0 Aka Typhus ~Update~ 17/02/2013

RedSkittlez

and my meaning was that it reminded me of Zerg due to the technocyte transforming him and giving him the mandibles (wich are found on the Zerg hydralisk), i was not meaning that it reminded of kerrigan herself. just the transformation.

and by that logic zerg remids me of a spider.

These sketches are for Warframe: Dark memories.
A What if fic written by AmatsuNoir. Dark Memories is a story of a young nova who's memories were lost like all other tenno. Though people from her past start showing up and reawaken her forgotten memories. It features my OC the Locust aka Typhus

Sketch I

warframe__dark_memories___sketch_by_mrru

Here is one of them, so I though it'd be fun to draw Nova and Typhus.
This probably is when Typhus actually remembers who the Nova is. He looks like hes ready to serve and protect her even under Alad V's control.

I'm also going to do a prolog comic of how the Excalibur and the Mag were captured.

Sketch II

warframe__dark_memories___sketch_ii_by_m

Keep in mind, he's not actually that tall, he just smacked him so hard that Rhino collapsed.

Warframe: Dark Memories Cover - WIP

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132851-infestd-warframe-the-locust-update-29112013/?p=1660919

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132851-infestd-warframe-the-locust-update-29112013/?p=1672796

I like it but the common theme other than vauban is to have skin tight suits. The armor doesnt fit imo and especially not the flesh mutating infested version of a tenno

What? 

You clearly have not looked at Rhino, Trinity, Volt, and most of all if not, especialy Frost. 

Have you ever played Dark Sector by any chance? The game set before Warframe?

Look at how the technocite aka infestation affected humans 1st making their flesh turn gory and then to steel.

Remember the Devs also mentioned that Yes they are wearing exosuits but they are all uniquely designed and are known to be changeable depending on the Tenno's specialization in his mutation.

The Technocite turns your body into armor heck look at naked nick his body looks changed too. (guy in cryotubes) 

If you have not noticed he is based off an insect what you see is bone coming out of his body to act like a chitin exoskeleton.

Each warframe has a unique look and feel to them so I am suprised by your reaction to this honestly.

I as well as many others have looked into the art style and it actually fits in and hey, the Devs love it and it was shown off on prime time.

[in case no one knows] *Volt pulls out a laser pointer and reads*

An exoskeleton, is the external skeleton that supports and protects an animal's body, in contrast to the internal skeleton (endoskeleton) of, for example, a human. In popular usage, some of the larger kinds of exoskeletons are known as "shells". Examples of exoskeleton animals include insects such as grasshoppers and cockroaches, and crustaceans such as crabs and lobsters. The shells of the various groups of shelled mollusks, including those of snails, clams, tusk shells, chitons and nautilus, are also exoskeletons.

Some animals, such as the tortoise, have both an endoskeleton and an exoskeleton.

Exoskeletons contain rigid and resistant components that fulfil a set of functional roles including protection, excretion, sensing, support, feeding and acting as a barrier against desiccation in terrestrial organisms. Exoskeletons have a role in defense from pests and predators, support, and in providing an attachment framework for musculature.

Exoskeletons contain chitin; the addition of calcium carbonate that makes them harder and stronger

Ingrowths of the arthropod exoskeleton known as apodemes serve as attachment sites for muscles. These structures are composed of chitin, and are approximately 6 times as strong and twice as stiff as vertebrate tendons. Similar to tendons, apodemes can stretch to store elastic energy for jumping, notably in locusts.
Edited by Vilanova

just realize it feel like knight rather than samurai. . . like knight at dark souls but with more cross with chaos like on the w40k chaos spacemarine.

why these to be saying similiar to tyranids and zerg? to me look a lot like chaos one. . well khorne followers maybe?

but i like the design. . it will be like knight type warframe. beside vauban who look like more tactical soldier than ninja's theme :D

just 2 cent from me

Edited by wastu_spartan

I'd totally drop a cold hundred getting this frame as powerful as possible.

I've always gotten a very Abara/Biomega vibe from your work, but now the reference is clear as day. Higaide was my favourite character, he deserved better characterization.

I did say I was also heavily inspired by Tsutomu Nihei's works :D

But there is already a infested Warframe, Saryn.

No she's not shes, a poison theme warframe. there is a large difference in poison/venom to an disease/infection http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn_%28Main%29_Tab because she's more like a plant i.e Poison ivy. She causes poison effects and the Locust more like a parasite spreading an infection like a disease.

Edited by RedSkittlez

I like it especially the first profile pic of it, very Tsutomu Nihei. But there is already a infested Warframe, Saryn. I really like the pic of the segment of spine or tentacal what ever it is very cool.

Uuuuuuh no she's not. If you read her powers, she's poison based. She may look it but she's not.and also why would they give her the name of a POISONOUS gas even is its misspelled on purpose. Also I think more reptile with a plant mixed in than an infected.

Edited by AmatsuNoir