Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe’s Next Update: Echoes of Veilbreaker

[DE]Megan

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re here with a status update on our upcoming deployment plans: we’re going dark on Hotfixes/Updates for the remainder of October. Spooky, right? The team is switching gears to prepare for Echoes of Veilbreaker. This Update will be going through the Cert process for consoles, which requires us to submit content and changes (also called ‘integrations’) to the Certification Process by a specific deadline. This Cert deadline is crucial to meet in order to launch updates, and as a result, our Hotfix activity must be paused. 

There are a few key reasons why we cannot Hotfix the first is that we are required to pull over every integration needed for Echoes of Veilbreaker to the Test build, which is what gets deployed to the Public server. Once that occurs, we cannot Hotfix without reversing that process, lest we release unfinished content as well. Secondly, we cannot Hotfix or Update once Consoles have been submitted to Cert, as it would mangle the order in which the integrations are organized to go live, which is crucial for Cross Platform Play. Our goal is always to Hotfix all crucial and eligible fixes up to this point before we enter Cert. 

That said, we will have a Devstream near the end of October; more info to come on Echoes of Veilbreaker and more! 

Of course, we’re still very much online, thank you all for continuing to report issues in the Public build that we can fix for Echoes of Veilbreaker on all platforms. 

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, AConfusedBird said:

This kind of communication is what keeps the relationship between a Dev team and the community running smoothly. Thanks for letting us know some of what's going on in the backend. :)

Just wish they would tell us when they aren't testing stuff. Like obviously they aren't testing the game considering that khal mission drop ship gun bug would've easily been caught if they did. There's been countless bugs that would've been caught if they simply played their own game when said bug was present. 

Instead they rely on us, the players, to be their unpaid beta testers. 

Plenty of folks out there aren't satisfied with the incredibly linear, repetitive nature of Kahl's weekly missions. On top of running the same three missions with unchanging dialogue & rooms, you've thrown multiple different scavenger hunt-oriented items in the mix to, well, waste time. Syndicate Medallions & Voidplumes aren't a major highlight of the game, by any means, so why resort to doing this with Kahl? He's so slow & you can't equip him with that jetpack to make traversal more convenient in the stealth mission. And while I don't care much for Archon Shards, I do believe that we should have a system in place that allows players to exchange 3-5 regular shards for a single Tauforged.

I've been saying this since Kahl has been introduced, but if we want him, Jarka & Olvar D to remain relevant in the foreseeable future, the Railjack Crewmate system needs to be brought over to the rest of the game so that they can accompany us wherever we go. You're just wasting neat characters & assets otherwise.

24 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

That said, we will have a Devstream near the end of October; more info to come on Echoes of Veilbreaker and more! 

Devstreams are usually on Friday so that means it will most likely be a 10/28 devstream as 10/21 seems way too close for a devstream date. Or even a spooky devstream on Holloween (10/31) if they want to change it up.

Which then means that we won't get echoes update until November. Which I guess makes sense to give 2 weeks of leeway for cert in case something goes wrong. 

That seems to be a ways out, 2 months from veilbreaker launch, considering we haven't had any changes other than an announced cumulative objective progress which I have already said won't be enough. So I really hope that whatever changes are coming out are worth waiting cause it is not looking pretty right now having radio silence regarding the feedback that was given so far, other the the what we're working on posts which felt like they were stopped pre-maturely and did not provide any details worth pondering over. 

I love Veilbreaker and I enjoy archon hunts even though I'm still yet to get a tauforged version of the shards, I'm hoping for a way to upgrade them maybe, I'm not sure increasing the chance would really have the desired effect tbh other sources are kinda out of the question since "Archon" lol Maybe chipper should have a chance to sell tauforged versions 

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

other the the what we're working on posts which felt like they were stopped pre-maturely

What posts were these? Please give examples.

53 minutes ago, Exact_Value said:

strange way to spell Duviiri Pradox

Durviri is coming after Echoes of Veilbreaker - they mentioned this during the last devstream.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Of course, we’re still very much online, thank you all for continuing to report issues in the Public build that we can fix for Echoes of Veilbreaker on all platforms. 

That "warframe looking in a random direction" bug is at least 4 years old, apparently. And Operator/Drifter is affected too (seems to be caused by interacting with terminals and air supplies). I really hope it gets fixed before Duviri, because that is one very annoying immersion killer...

7 minutes ago, Digressive said:

What posts were these? Please give examples.

The Veilbreaker: Launch & Hot Topics posts.

I say stopped pre-maturely since it was supposed to be a three week cycle so I'd thought they would include a third one yet they stopped after only two. I think maybe the reason for that was because they had to prepare for a dev-stream. 

5 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

The Veilbreaker: Launch & Hot Topics posts.

I say stopped pre-maturely since it was supposed to be a three week cycle so I'd thought they would include a third one yet they stopped after only two. I think maybe the reason for that was because they had to prepare for a dev-stream. 

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying :) 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The team is switching gears to prepare for Echoes of Veilbreaker.

5 minutes ago, Digressive said:
58 minutes ago, Exact_Value said:

Durviri is coming after Echoes of Veilbreaker - they mentioned this during the last devstream.

I wonder if we can expect duviri this year.

Archived