Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!

Marcooose

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!   

22,862 members have voted

1. 1. What is your vote for the name of the Wolf-inspired Warframe?

• Raksha
    • Dynara
    • Lycath
    • Disa
    • Ylva
    • Ulfra
    • Voruna (Žvorūna)
    • Ghella
    • Fengarou
    • Nashoba

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2022-10-28 at 03:59 AM

Dynara is the nicest one imo but I'm known to have pretty niche opinions. "Dynara" rolls off the tongue but also feels the most "Warframe" short, sweet, evocative, primal, esoterically ancient. Phonetically conducive to already established names like Garuda, Saryn, Valkyr, Grendel. All in a good way.

Alot of these other choices seem either way too on the nose, too far removed from Warframe or just a pain to pronounce. 

Lycath and Fenris (Thank god that didn't make it) is like naming the werewolf-inspired warframe "Wolf". Highly uninspired.

Going with Voruna. Goddess of forests and the hunt? Now that's creative. That's eye catching. That's inspirational. And it fits with the general naming style DE has for quite a few of the other frames. 

I don't quite understand why some people are complaining that "Lycath" is too obvious or unoriginal.

This is the same game that has an ice frame named Frost, a fire frame named Ember, a wind frame named Zephyr, a magnetic frame named Mag... I could go on.
Not every name needs to be obscure and arcane. Warframe actually seems to prefer the opposite.

7 minutes ago, Apochron said:

Snip snap.

Personally, I never really liked those names too much.

Though, in a sense. "Frost", "Ember", "Volt", "Mag", etc, etc. feel like they're like  the equal to an "Ice Elemental", "Fire Elementa", etc, etc. Beings PURELY of that element and have a damage variant with it.

I mean, look at "Saryn", who has Viral, Corrosive and Toxin built into her kit.

.... but honestly? My biggest reason its that it just feels so lazy compared to some other choices.
Ultimately, most of my opinion will boil down to her kit when it comes around though.

EDIT: It also just came to mind, we'll be saying these names, right? I'd personally prefer one that sounds... unique. Phonetically, anyway.

I say "Lycatch" and I hear "Like math" or something like that. It's prone to banter.
Something like "Raksha" just sounds too Grineer in my opinion. It doesn't sound "Warframe" as it sounds more like Grineer Railgun. (Which... could be neat. Possible a supplementary weapon to try out down the line?)
But something like "Voruna" I feel might be said wrong by some people.

Something like "Ulfra" though? You can't go too wrong with that. It's powerful sounding, it's distinct, it's easy to pronounce- there's a lot of smaller reasons for it.

19 minutes ago, Apochron said:

I don't quite understand why some people are complaining that "Lycath" is too obvious or unoriginal.

This is the same game that has an ice frame named Frost, a fire frame named Ember, a wind frame named Zephyr, a magnetic frame named Mag... I could go on.
Not every name needs to be obscure and arcane. Warframe actually seems to prefer the opposite.

This is also the same game that has an earth based frame called Atlas (A Greek titan), a sword based frame called Excalibur (Magic sword from King Arthur), a blood based frame called Garuda (Hindu demigod), A gluttonous frame called Grendel (Man eating monster from an English legend), a fairy frame called Titania (Queen of fairies in medieval folklore), a nature-based frame called Oberon (Who is the husband of Titania), the list goes on. So no, Warframe actually does not seem to "prefer the opposite". In the beginning sure. But newer frames have had more nuanced names. 

You can go Lycath if you want, but Voruna's my pick. I'd rather have the frame be a goddess than just another wolf.

Archived