Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!

Marcooose

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!   

22,862 members have voted

1. 1. What is your vote for the name of the Wolf-inspired Warframe?

• Raksha
    • Dynara
    • Lycath
    • Disa
    • Ylva
    • Ulfra
    • Voruna (Žvorūna)
    • Ghella
    • Fengarou
    • Nashoba

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2022-10-28 at 03:59 AM

On 2022-10-23 at 11:06 AM, Adenel said:

what? if you would call your dog would you name it "Dog" or your cat "Cat"? come on now🤧

Draco from Dragonheart was just named Dragon from another language and he liked the name. Also, my alley cat was named Cat. My aunt couldn't think of a name for him so named him Cat. He responded to it as well. 

guess everyone wants another yareli Voruna is winning yes I googled every name! guess Gilgamesh is out. or king lycione where the word lycan came from. I see Raksha and lycath are tied but Raksha a werewolf don't protect it rips, rears, bites, howls, jumps (we don't need excal super jump back Lol) has speed, question is can it summon more werewolves or regular wolves. hope it's a tank type that can get kills. exalted werewolf claws please and a ability that can clear a room but what would it be sadly only see werewolves kill 1 at a time

4 hours ago, (PSN)AutismCurseWoe said:

guess everyone wants another yareli Voruna is winning yes I googled every name! guess Gilgamesh is out. or king lycione where the word lycan came from. I see Raksha and lycath are tied but Raksha a werewolf don't protect it rips, rears, bites, howls, jumps (we don't need excal super jump back Lol) has speed, question is can it summon more werewolves or regular wolves. hope it's a tank type that can get kills. exalted werewolf claws please and a ability that can clear a room but what would it be sadly only see werewolves kill 1 at a time

We're picking the name not the abilities.

13 hours ago, (PSN)travelingas said:

In Lithuanian its Žvorūna - a godess of hunt. In our country the main predator is a wolf thats how its conected. It has a good meaning behind it even if it sounds not as good as others.

I dont like it as weve got 3 frames already that start with a V (i dont think theyll be using the one with those special letters)

and id like one thats using a first letter not many other frames already use like i dont think weve got a warframe that starts with D yet and theres probably many other letters thats got only 1-2 frames running it as their first letter 

id personally like raksha dynara or ylva

I vote for who ever thought that having wolf head on the armor of a werewolf themed frame was a good idea be fired ( insert winks and second degree little tune here, i case someone think i mean it literally ), Seriously DE, your art team is clearly in burn out and out of creativity on this one, you relied onto them way too much those past updates, time to give them a rise and some vacation they clearly need at least one of them.

45 minutes ago, Carmelitha said:

I vote for who ever thought that having wolf head on the armor of a werewolf themed frame was a good idea be fired, Seriously DE, your art team is clearly in burn out and out of creativity on this one, you relied onto them way too much those past updates, time to give them a rise and some vacation they clearly need at least one of them.

1. They’re literally working with a different art team when designing her, it’s meant to look different from other frames

2. Why is it an issue? Warframes are meant to look distinct and show off the story and theme of the frame. A werewolf esk wolf goddess would probably have giant wolf skulls on her just for theming, they look sick

il y a 25 minutes, LadyMikoIII a dit :

1. They’re literally working with a different art team when designing her, it’s meant to look different from other frames

2. Why is it an issue? Warframes are meant to look distinct and show off the story and theme of the frame. A werewolf esk wolf goddess would probably have giant wolf skulls on her just for theming, they look sick

1. then, not their best choices, although concept art might differ from 3d sculpting end product, i just hope they will put more effort in making it less obvious.

2. still, there is other way to tell a story and make references, anything better than the already seen hundred times wolf head tasset and shoulderpads, it's ninja in space not ninja in dungeons and dragons.

For instance Sevagoth make a much more convincing werewolf themed frame ( look wise at least ) than whatever name will be chosen for this one.

3 hours ago, Carmelitha said:

1. then, not their best choices, although concept art might differ from 3d sculpting end product, i just hope they will put more effort in making it less obvious.

2. still, there is other way to tell a story and make references, anything better than the already seen hundred times wolf head tasset and shoulderpads, it's ninja in space not ninja in dungeons and dragons.

For instance Sevagoth make a much more convincing werewolf themed frame ( look wise at least ) than whatever name will be chosen for this one.

1. This warframe was designed by Joe Mad who worked on Darksiders. DE intentionally went to him to help design her. You can dislike it all you want, but that doesn't make it an objectively bad choice.

2. The most recent warframes aren't as simple as a single theme for their aesthetics. Often there are two or more aspects to them. Ivara for instance is based off the poison dart frog and a huntress. Lavos is an alchemist, but also has serpent familiars. Chroma is a dragon, but also a dragon hunter. Gyre is tesla-based, but also a dancer. Same here Voruna (as that will likely be her name at this point unless there's some massive voting surge) is a werewolf but also a shaman. Those wolf skulls on her likely act as totems for the spirits in her concept art. She's a one-woman pack, hence why she has all those mouths. All those mouths are also present because they wanted to focus on the biting aspect of wolves instead of rehashing claws for the fourth time. Additionally the "ninja" aspect of Warframe has taken a far back seat for years already, or do you really think that the likes of Gyre, Lavos, Styanax, etc. are fitting to be called ninjas?

il y a 38 minutes, Alchemist_Moth a dit :

1. This warframe was designed by Joe Mad who worked on Darksiders. DE intentionally went to him to help design her. You can dislike it all you want, but that doesn't make it an objectively bad choice.

2. The most recent warframes aren't as simple as a single theme for their aesthetics. Often there are two or more aspects to them. Ivara for instance is based off the poison dart frog and a huntress. Lavos is an alchemist, but also has serpent familiars. Chroma is a dragon, but also a dragon hunter. Gyre is tesla-based, but also a dancer. Same here Voruna (as that will likely be her name at this point unless there's some massive voting surge) is a werewolf but also a shaman. Those wolf skulls on her likely act as totems for the spirits in her concept art. She's a one-woman pack, hence why she has all those mouths. All those mouths are also present because they wanted to focus on the biting aspect of wolves instead of rehashing claws for the fourth time. Additionally the "ninja" aspect of Warframe has taken a far back seat for years already, or do you really think that the likes of Gyre, Lavos, Styanax, etc. are fitting to be called ninjas?

1. not a bad choice but possibly not their best either, having a frame design i dislike won't stop me to play it tho, Lavos skin make my eyes bleed each time and yet i love playing him.

2. i agree and i know all that ( the emphasis was on " space" and " D&D " not ninja ), the whole ninja thingie is miles away from where the game is now, was probably more accurate at the start, now it's more " homicidal maniacs play for free ", but wasn't my point anyway, just saying that the whole concept might have be done right after the dessert in 5min on a napkin, which potentially doesn't disqualify an idea for being great but in this case I think it wasn't a stoke of genius at all, there is absolutely nothing original and creative about it, this concept has been used and seen hundred of times, it's what i think and what is crumpling me, anyone have the right to disagree.

35 minutes ago, Carmelitha said:

1. not a bad choice but possibly not their best either, having a frame design i dislike won't stop me to play it tho, Lavos skin make my eyes bleed each time and yet i love playing him.

2. i agree and i know all that ( the emphasis was on " space" and " D&D " not ninja ), the whole ninja thingie is miles away from where the game is now, was probably more accurate at the start, now it's more " homicidal maniacs play for free ", but wasn't my point anyway, just saying that the whole concept might have be done right after the dessert in 5min on a napkin, which potentially doesn't disqualify an idea for being great but in this case I think it wasn't a stoke of genius at all, there is absolutely nothing original and creative about it, this concept has been used and seen hundred of times, it's what i think and what is crumpling me, anyone have the right to disagree.

You just sound like a lunatic when you say things like "the art team should be fired" or "clearly they are in burn out based on my opinion". How about you just be normal and say "I'm not a fan" or something. You have the right to disagree with the design but if you follow it up by talking crazy then of course you're gonna get pushback. 

Archived