Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

speargun rework (primary/melee hybrid weapon.)

(PSN)robotwars7

today I was finally getting around to levelling the Afentis, and a thoguht occurred to me: the thing ha a giant blade on the back end, yet we can't use it. this in itself is nothing new as the AkJagaras and Tiberon have unusable blades on them, but to me it seems like wasted potential, and reminds me of how much more versatile, (and way cooler) Spearguns could actually be. that's why I'd like the following changes to hopefully happen to Spearguns one day, and would like to see if anyone else agrees:

- each Speargun can now be used in Quick Melee, and each one has a unique 4 move combo. a system where switching between primary fire and melee attacks would also be ideal, encouraging the player to use the weapon to it's fullest extent.

- Javlok is wielded as a staff, as it appears to be almost equally balanced at both ends. it should also be given to Prosecutors instead of the Amphis, and the Javlok they use is the same element as their shield aura, which gives this enemy a bit more variety than just being a tougher Guardsman. 

- Ferrox is swung like a hammer, as most of the components are on the front end of the weapon. it could also be given to a new Corpus unit.

- Scourge/Prime could be used like a Trident, with a variety of thrusting attacks: it doesn't really appear to have any large blades on it but the way it's shaped makes it look like it could be used as an exotic polearm.

- Afentis is used as a spear/polearm and you use the opposite end of the Afentis specifically.

- damage for the melee scales off the primary fire damage and uses the same elements.

what do you guys think? thrown mode will still remain, but ideally I'd like for it to not require ammo, particularly in the case of the Afentis which has a very small ammo pool to begin with. 

Basically take the gunblade concept and apply it to spearguns, to make them literal spear guns rather than just javelins

The problem I had with the Afentis was that it was such a mediocre and cumbersome speargun to use. I don't think the ability to melee with it would save it from being mediocre MR fodder, it needs a real stats buff.

Archived