Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet Diplos stays in lock on-mode even after releasing from aiming, please change to alt-fire

IrnFake

Tenet Diplos sometimes stays in lock on-mode even after releasing/exiting from the zoomed aiming. I had to reload or aim again to switch back.

This causes vital problems in moments of combat that made me die for unable to shoot the enemies to death first.

Please just make it alt-fire or remove it completely. I do not notice players using it or find it helpful at all!

If you really have to keep it, maybe make it empty the whole magazine instead of just firing two bullets to increase the damage. The point is that it is less useful compared to ordinary shooting, which makes no one use the function.

So sad for a greatly designed weapon...

Yeah, I use the Tenet Diplos a lot and I see this behavior pretty often. Maybe it has something to do with coming out of aim glides? But it'll get stuck that way until I reload or switch weapons back and forth etc.

And similarly, I'd be equally happy to just have the aim fire mode taken out entirely. All it does is keep me from ever scoping up. Against very low level enemies it's a cute party trick to fire once and make everyone die, but it's a fraction of the damage output these lovely little nailguns can deal in normal fire. 

34 minutes ago, IrnFake said:

If you really have to keep it, maybe make it empty the whole magazine instead of just firing two bullets to increase the damage.

That would be pretty cool, even at the normal mode fire rate. Target three heads, drop the magazine, and have it pattern-firing homing shots at them while you strafe around a bit until either the marked targets are dead or the magazine is empty and it resets.

Archived